New speakers

Username: Ilrocketboy

Post Number: 1
I am looking to replace my speakers in an 01 VW Jetta, and I have 6 3/4's in the front and back door. I have been looking at some Kenwood KFC-C1739ie's and see that the one complaint from them is lack of bass. I would like to spend about $150 on speakers, and then possibly add an amp. How good of bass will I get out of these Kenwoods? I am not into rap - bascially classic rock and a little country.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4119
i doubt youll be happy with them. i would look into buying a pair of alpine type R components and power then with an amp that will do 100-150rmsx2@4ohm they should be in your price range and yes they will sound much better with a good amp

Post Number: 2
Correct me if Im wrong, but thats only 2 speakers (for the factory mount)? Then just leave the 2 stock ones in the rear or front of the car?

Steve

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1544
150$ for all speakers????!!! Thats a little on the cheap side and don't expect great results from a small budget on a entry level set of coaxials. You're better off getting components up front and then entry coax for the rear. No need also to amp the rears only the front but you may need to change out the radio and bypass the facotry amp.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4124
i would just put speakers in the front unless you have passengers riding in the back often you wont really need them. but if you do i would look into pioneer rev coaxils

Post Number: 3
Yeah, 150 would probably be just for the components. What I am thinking now is getting a set of components for the front and some coaxials for the rear. I will power all of these with a 60x4 amp, and then eventually when I add a sub, I will power the components and sub with the amp (bridged for the sub).

Post Number: 4
Yeah, 150 would probably be just for the components. What I am thinking now is getting a set of components for the front and some coaxials for the rear. I will power all of these with a 60x4 amp, and then eventually when I add a sub, I will power the components and sub with the amp (bridged for the sub).

Also, I hear many complaints about components and coaxials lacking bass. While I know they aren't subs, will they be better than my factory speakers?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4132
yes just get a good pair of speakers, mine play good bass down to 60hz

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1545
they may be better drivers than factory but always sound better to someone not all the time. Alot will have to do with install and other equipment used. Factory setups are so badly tweaked to hide their imperfections that sometimes a bad install or trying to say use a factory HU with an aftermarket setup can really bring down the quality of the system. Also don't waste time getting a 4ch amp to run the rears, you need a good 2ch or a bridged 4ch to run the components, nothing really for the rear.

Post Number: 5
The components I am looking at are only max RMS of 50-60 watts, what one channel of the amp pumps out. Also, I have read reviews that an amp really helps the coaxials.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 459
http://www.cardomain.com/item/POLDB5250
$118
5 1/4"
on closeout, the new models are coming in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us