How do you get a 2ohm load out of 4 4ohm 5x7's?????

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 13
My directed 4200 is 2ohm stable and will put out 50x4 which is what i want but how do i get it to do a 2ohm load????

Username: Jokers10

Post Number: 6
Bridge the outputs and wire the speakers in parallel. Lets see if I can do this in a graphical way.

Channels
_1__2__3__4
- + - + - + - + Output of amp
I____I_I____I
I____I_I____I
Disregard the underlines. They are there to get the proper spacing.
You see how when you bridge the outputs the channels reduce from 4 to 2 channels. Now connet the negative from the new channel 1(Channels 1&2 combined)to the negative of both left speakers. Connnect the positve of the new channel 1 to the positive of the two left speakers. Do the same with the other 2 speakers on the new channel 2(Channels 3&4 combined).

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2430
you can not run that amp bridged at a 2 ohm load, that is the wrong way to wire an 4 channel with 2 sets 4 ohm speakers.

Username: Jokers10

Post Number: 9
Yep, Ty is right. I found the manual @ http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/directed_audio/G4200_4500.pdf
And it is only two ohm stable in stereo mode. So the only way you can go to 2 ohms is to wire the speakers in parallel to only the front or rear channels. Or you could do what I am going to do, and buy 2 pairs of the new 2 ohm kappas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us