Need high powered Coaxials..

coax or comp?
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know of some good 6.5 coaxials that can handle 100-150 watts RMS? I don't want components because they are a pain in the as*s to install, and my buddy has regular coaxials which sound great when he turns it up.

Or could anyone point out components that are easy to install and will preform well.

I listen to mostly metal, but I do dabble in other styles.I have around $200 USD to spend on these

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 45
I got some pioneers for $55 a pair that are coxial, but the tweeter comes out if you want to make them component. And after typing all that I realized that they handel 120W peak and not RMS so.....yea

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 236
lol thanks for the info

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
Kenwood KFC-1689ie...handles 100 w rms/200 w max...never heard them though...just recommending based on power handling...not many 6.5" 2-ways can handle 100 w rms

comp or coax
Unregistered guest
I just want something that is an easy drop in application.

Does anyone know any 3-Ways that handle lots of power?\

Thanks for your recommendation

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
3-ways are in the same boat as 2-ways...they will both have the same power handling.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 420
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13540

These handle quite a bit of power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Very insensitive speakers @ 85db.

gpz1100
Unregistered guest
What difference does it make if the speaker is rated at 55 or 100 watts rms? So long as you're driving it with clean power, and there's no distortion, the chance of blowing the speaker is minimal.

IE, you can run 55w rms speakers with a 100W amp. You may blow them at super loud volumes, but so long as common sense is exercised, you'll be fine. In fact, you'll have more headroom, run your amp cooler, etc...

coax or comp
Unregistered guest
Thats the reason to run them with an amp is so that they sound better at higher volumes. I want to be able to crank these things
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us