Clifford 7000 - I think its brain dead

Username: Pksyn

Post Number: 2
I tried to post this once but then I couldn't find it. Forgive the duplicate post.

I have a clifford 7000. I have been unable to enter the programable mode for some time, and today my last remote ran out of batteries at walmart. I do not know if I forgot the code, the switch is bad, or if the brain is dead. Also, when disarming the alarm (normal or silent disarm) the alarm chirped a deep tone, but when arming it was the normal high pitched chirp. I now have the install guide so I can bypass the starter kill.

I'm wondering if there is a way to reset the alarm to factory defaults with out entering the programable mode and if anyone else thinks my brain is dead.

**for you other clifford 7000 owners**
after 30 minutes of typing in random crap I finally hit the install guide pdf. Here's the link
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/intelliguard7000_install.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 758
That weird sounding chirp is the alarm telling you that the remote battery is low.

For now don't worry about the starter kill. Get some new bateries for your remotes, and you should be good to go.

As for the code, or reseting the alarm. No there isn't a way to reset it without entering the programing mode. You best bet is to get some batteries, slap them in the remotes, and then when you get a chance take it to a clifford dealer and have them do a system check up on your brain, and see if they can reset the valet code for you.

I honestly feel there isn't anything wrong with your alarm, other than the valet key might have went bad, or you forgot the code. Nothing you have described is out of the ordinary, or anything I would be worried about.

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 759
That weird sounding chirp is the alarm telling you that the remote battery is low.

For now don't worry about the starter kill. Get some new bateries for your remotes, and you should be good to go.

As for the code, or reseting the alarm. No there isn't a way to reset it without entering the programing mode. You best bet is to get some batteries, slap them in the remotes, and then when you get a chance take it to a clifford dealer and have them do a system check up on your brain, and see if they can reset the valet code for you.

I honestly feel there isn't anything wrong with your alarm, other than the valet key might have went bad, or you forgot the code. Nothing you have described is out of the ordinary, or anything I would be worried about.

Hay good find on that manual. That is the installer manual, not the consumer. Those are really hard to come by.

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 760
FYI if you need a manual in the future here is the clifford link I always use.

www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp

Username: Pksyn

Post Number: 3
I removed the alarm and made loopback cables to bypass the alarm ignition/starter relays.

Is it wierd that all the symptoms started at the same time? the deep chirp, my code not working (my brain was replaced once, and I never reset the factory code). Oh and one more thing, it would randomly arm the passenger door. If you open the driver door the alarm would go off, if you open the passenger door it wouldn't, most of the time.

I have checked / replaced the fuses, and checked the wiring harness/splices that I could find. Everything appears to be fine.

My dealer was trying to screw me around and sell me a new 750. So I called directed and they said to send it to them. If they can repair it they will, if not they're going to send me a new 750 as a replacement.

I appreciate your time.

thanks,
PK

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 762
deep chirp / normal low battery warning

Which reminds me, did you ever swap out the batteries in the remotes, and see if they still worked?

The door thing, sounds like the door switch on the passanger side is fualty. I bet you that your dome light isn't comming on when you open that door and the alarm doesn't go off. Or if a seprate door pin was added when the alarm was installed, it is dirty, or the conector has come loose.

I am glad directed is taking good care of you. I was a little woried clifford might go down hill once DEI took over. So I am glad to see they are keeping up with things
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us