Planning stages, too many options for the new guy...

Username: Parker

Post Number: 1
ok, I am currently building my home theater system, and have run into a few snags. i have already chosen the speakers, Onkyo SKS-HT240 speakers. i am now running into the problems with choosing a reciever. so far i have it narrowed down to three models and brands: Kenwood's VR8050, Onkyo's TX-SR502, and Denon's AVR1705. they have all been chosen because the output power is rated in full- bandwidth power, their switchable component video inputs have a bandwidth of at least 50 MHz (denon is 100 MHz), and all have ProLogic IIx and DTS Neo 6 processing.

my dilemma is whether or not the tradeoff in component video bandwidth for the Denon would be worth the tradeoff in power for the Kenwood, and the Onkyo is thrown in there for the price and as a last choice model in my search.

cheapest prices ive found so far are:
$290 shipped for the Kenwood
$322 shipped for the Denon
$273 shipped for the onkyo

thanks for any help, i think i have done a good job searching for recievers, slap me around if i havent.

Username: Parker

Post Number: 2
i forgot, one of the other main reasons to offset the kenwood is that it comes with a phono input, whereas the other two do not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us