Help needed connecting TV to receiver

Username: Marymarybobarry

Post Number: 1
Hi all!
I've had a Yamaha R-S201 receiver for years that I've used exclusively for my record player but I'd like to see if there's a way to connect it to my Samsung television. The ports on the back of my TV are extremely minimal and connecting the two via RCA doesn't seem to work. I know absolutely nothing about audio setups so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!
Photos of the available ports for my TV and receiver are attached for reference.

Upload
Upload

Username: Elitescreens

Garden Grove, California United States

Post Number: 4
If your receiver isn't ARC (Audio Return Channel) enabled, you'll be able to get the audio from the TV to play through your receiver victimisation associate optical or transmission line.

If both, your TV and AV receiver ar ARC-enabled, not solely able to use associate optical or transmission line however you'll to additionally use a HDMI cable to be able to play the TV audio through the receiver.

1. Procedure using an optical cable

Connect associate optical or transmission line from the TV to the "Optical or coaxial" input instrumentation on the receiver.

Select "TV AUDIO" from the input supply choose buttons on the remote or the receiver.

2. Procedure using a HDMI cable

Connect the HDMI cable from the ARC HDMI input instrumentation on your TV to the ARC HDMI out (Monitor) instrumentation on your AV receiver.

Select "TV AUDIO" from the input supply choose buttons on the remote or the receiver.

You should currently be ready to output the TV audio through your AV receiver
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us