Bose 3-2-1 Troubleshooting question

Username: Nyi8083

Post Number: 1
Hey all- This is my first post over here and I'm just hoping that someone can give me a little help. I've tried searching for a post involving a similar issue to mine but had a bit of difficulty navigating the search system.

I recently purchased a Bose 3-2-1 GS Audio system for my home to replace a 5.1 system that had run into a few problems. Now as it turns out, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my new system to work.

My problem comes when I'm watching TV and I change channels. There is a sort of pop/static noise as the channel changes more or less every time. I'm hoping that someone here could help me by pointing out any likely origins of this kind of problem,

Is this something that is most likely stemming directly from the unit? or is this more likely something that is a result of the cabling and maybe some loose connections? Maybe something else?

Thanks, I appreciate any help-

Username: Yurired1

Canberra, ACT Australia

Post Number: 2
I would check the connectors first to eliminate them as a suspect. However, I had a similar problem to your's two weeks ago. I'd be watching TV and for no apparent reason, there would be a loud pop and the sound volume would drop. The volume wasn't particularly loud. Then, my fiancee noticed that it only happened when we were watching something on pay TV (our version of US cable). Turns out it's a superceded decoder and I'm now awaiting a new set-top decoder box.

Username: Rsaavedra

LilburnUSA

I purchased a 3 2 1 system in 2009 and it is doing something similar. When i surf tv channels the hissing starts, sometimes a loud popping noise comes on. The problem fixes when I turn off the Bose system and turn it back on. Some tv channels come out with a high volume while others are low. Any body knows what may be happening?

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 103
Larry hi,
sounds like an issue with bose seeing as you checked all connections can you return bose?
can you return them?
seeing as you have an issue with it,.
and I would get something better it is basically a left right center sub correct?
and rudy has same issue

not too manny people are gonna recommend bose on any forum

now about channel volume thats all too common
we have it in canada hdnet is really low here

basically its a frequency issue outputting less ,,,,
theaudioguy.ca

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1178
Greetings Rudy,

How do you have your system connected and by what cabling?

Username: Cliveo

Hello folks,

I wonder if you can help me out..... I too seem to be having the same issue as some of you have described with my Bose 3.2.1 DVD Home entertainment system with radio tuner. It has never ever given me a moments trouble until now (actually now I think of it - it doers turn itself off on occasion from time to time) but I guess that never annoyed me enough to seek help
My TV provider in Ireland is Sky and I'm not sure what the equiviliant is in other countries but my problem only occurs when the TV is paused.... Then, a random frequency noise appears or hiss... Process of elimination - I removed the radio antenna from the Bose system but to no avail this did not fix the issue. So it leads to believe that the problem is with my Sky box or my bose box. did anybody on this thread find a solution to the problem? I noticed when looking for forums that lots of people were commenting on firmware updates, could this be the problem?

I appreciate all comments and feedback.

Thanks a million,
Clive.

Username: Sorinelionut

Post Number: 2
Pls. I have a problem, how can you take the front panel of the subwoofer,i couldnt see any screws in front of it,is it glued.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us