Surround sound dilemma

Bronze Member
Username: Grief

Post Number: 21
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but anyway here it goes. I bought a pioneer vsx-520 receiver as part of home theatre kit, i can't begin where to tell where i went wrong with this receiver I've tryed everything auto-calibration, manual, different speakers, inverting the polarity in all the speakers , using a bookshelf as a center speaker but nothing I haven't been able to get the true cinematic feel from this home cinema. If someone is reading this thread and has experience with this receiver please post your settings or give advice, for I'm abou to give up on surround sound.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 405
Yes you sound like its over your head . Just hire a local Private installer for 2 hours maybe .$125 or so .
Let a Pro help in the long run its well worth it and highly enjoyable if setup right.

theaudioguy.ca

Bronze Member
Username: Grief

Post Number: 22
Yes, that would be awesome the problem is I don't have the money to hire a professional, by the way my receiver works with the metric system would it help to set delays as per the formulas given on the net? for example 20 ms= 6 meters?

Username: Roseywat

Post Number: 1
The surround sound systems are best to be used as they tend to provide full entertainment at home and that too without any interference.http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Speakers &ProductId=HT30OW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us