Need help to get the right equipment

Username: Benjaskate

Post Number: 2
Hello I am Ben and I am new in this forum, I am looking to get some help, I am building a small food truck and I want to install a TV/audio system on it, let me explain you a little bit more what im interested to do, I installed a LED TV on one side of the truck so I can display my menu or any channel, but I don't know what kind of speakers should I used for the outside, should I use the home speakers for outdoors or the waterproof Polk audio car speakers. Because I went to best buy and I got the Polk audio water proof for car so I don't know how can I connect them to the TV and DVD, to get sound. My question is do I need to buy a home receiver or a car amplifier because I am using a gas generator to get electricity, not the battery of my truck. I got confused the best buy guy told me that I cant used car speakers with a home receiver is that true? What do I need ... please help me

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16504
Welcome to eCoustics Ben!

You can buy the Polk outdoor speaker then a home receiver, any way you can use a 12 voltsDC/120 volts AC converter to listen your TV and audio system in case that you does not want to hear the noise of the generator!

I suggest this converter:http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/PI750AB.aspx
You can found one for less at Walt Mart!

Usualy the car speakers are 4 ohms then home speaker are 8 ohms, most of home amps can run on 4 ohm but run on 8 ohms is recommended!

Username: Electronicchamp

Seattle, Washington

Post Number: 2
I have read your problems are you have installed TV/audio system in truck and other related items. You need to have a good solution of this. I have bought all desired items like 750 W Power Inverter and many other items.

I can suggest you the the place where you can find all your desired items at discount price. BestBuy.com the best place to get the right equipment. If you need to get the discount for best buy you can visit http://www.ezcouponsearch.com/ and get the best items with great saving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us