Cerwin Vega LS-12's Issue

Username: Cjason

Post Number: 1
I've got 2 Cerwin Vega LS-12's. The high and mid range speakers work fine, but the sub's im having an issue with. Little to no sound in either, and no bass at low volume levels. I turn the volume up to 25~30 Range and I can feel a slight vibration in the sub, but not even enough to shake the cone.

I pulled the sub out to check the connects, and make sure nothing was loose, but all seems well, even tried my best to test with a volt meter to see if the sub was receiving power, and from what it looks like it is. I checked the speaker wire going to the speaker, and connection was correct. Even took the wires and touched them to the sub itself to eliminate the board, and slight improvement but nothing major, little more sound and vibration but nothing serious.

Any idea's whats wrong? Is it the internal board and transformer? Or...is the sub bad in both?

Needless to say, i purchased them from a flea market a while ago, and curious on how to fix em. Been this way since I had them.

Receiver ~ RCA RT2906 (100 Watts per channel)

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16242
It seems like your sub is fried.
Do another test, to rule it out. Connect another known good speaker in place of the sub and check to see if you are getting a signal. Another simple test is to connect the suspect sub to a 1.5 V (nothing higher) battery and see if there is movement of the cone when battery is applied...if it does not move in or out, bad sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us