Need help with Bose Acoustimass 10 and Pioneer VSX-821-K

Username: Rrs

Post Number: 1
I have just hooked up all the connections from Bose Acoustimas, pioneer receiver, Sony Tv, Bluray player and the Satellite box also connected all the speakers properly but still unable to get sound from the center, and both rear speakers, Also I have used HDMI connection, can some help me through this process I am fairly new to this kind of setup.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 860
Did you do a set up on the receiver. The easy way is with the microphone and Auto MCACC. You can also do it manually. With Bose you want all your speakers set to Large and no sub woofer. Why no sub because you are not using a powered sub. Pg 34 of the manual explains manual set up. Choose the correct listing mode, Pg 29 of manual, Auto is the correct setting, this will automatically detect the correct audio in put signal and adjust for it. You may have to select Bit stream in the blu-ray to get the correct audio from that source to the receiver. The cable box may need to be set to out put Dolby digital or surround. Connect all components to the receiver with HDMI and one HDMI out to the TV.

Username: Rrs

Post Number: 2
Thank you for the suggestions and yes it is working now but I still can't see the on screen display of the receiver on tv after following the directions in the manual.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 862
Pg14 of the manual: If the receiver is connected to the TV with HDMI NO on screen menue is available. You must use RCA connections and select that input on your TV to see the OSD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us