1st time HT buyer

Bronze Member
Username: Hairbandlover

Post Number: 12
Need major help, currently have 46" samsung dlp all hi def. Great picture internal speakers suck. So I am looking to improve the sound. I have heard not to buy a system with a dvd in it. True?? I am looking to spend maybe 2 to 3 hundred. Any help would be great Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1121
Chris, is $300 the limit? Or are you willing to spend $300 per month over a few months? If you restrict yourself to $300, your choices are limited. You'll want to avoid home theater in a box (HTiB). They are crap regardless of who makes them.

You can get a decent 5.1 channel receiver made by Yamaha, Denon or Sony from Best Buy for $300 or less. Check out speakers in the same area of the store. I recommend bookshelf speakers all around and a decent subwoofer. Blu-ray players can be had fot $150 or less. Make sure to use good interconnect cables and speaker wire. Never use the crap that comes with components or speakers.

Username: Timmr13

Post Number: 1
I need to connect my Sanyo tv (18.5 flatscreen) to a Samsung home
theater system. I have a digital audio coaxial output port from the tv which needs to connect to a digital audio input port on the surround
sound system (optical). What do I need?

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 391
tim no cable box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message