Samsung 3D LED TV & Samsung Blu-ray 3D Home Theatre System

Username: Harikaran

Post Number: 1
Dear All,
I'm hoping you can help me as I have a query.
I've just got a new Samsung 3D LED TV, and I have a new blu-ray 3D Surround System.

The Blu-ray home theatre when it plays a film the music etc comes out of all 5 speakers.
However, when i put it on normal TV channels,2 speakers and not rear 2 speakers and th front.

My tv is connected via a hdmi cable with surround sound. The tv sound is connected to the surround system via a Digital Optical lead.

Please can anyone offer suggestions as to why I'm not getting all the speakers to work when watching tv
Many thanks in advance
Hari

Post Number: 2
btw
samsung tv model: UE55D7000
samsung blu-ray home theatre: ht-d6750w

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 852
We see this problem all the time but it is not a hard problem to solve. Do you have a cable box, if yes connect the optical cable to the Blu-ray HT from the cable box and not the TV. The optical out on the TV is really for the internal ATSC tuner built into the TV to receive HD programs from an antenna and feeds the Dolby Digital signal it carries to your receiver. Yes it will feed you cable sources connected with HDMI but only in stereo which is why you only get the front two speakers. If you do not have an optical out on the cable box you can use a digital coaxial cable for this connection.

Post Number: 3
i don't have a cable box, do you mean cable as in sky or virgin? or are there other types of cable boxes and if so which one is the best one...sorry i'm not an electronics kinda guy

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 859
How do you receive your high definition video to your TV? I don't know how sky or virgin works.
"My tv is connected via a hdmi cable with surround sound"
Your TV is connected to what with HDMI? The Blu-ray home theater? How do you receive regular TV channels and do you have HD on regular channels?

Post Number: 4
watching channels from tv and hd channels on my freeview...ye hdmi connection from bluray player to tv

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 861
How does HD channels get to the TV what is the connection. Does a cable go directly to the TV from the wall or is there a set top box . What is freeview and what are the connection for freeview.
On your HT system what does it say in the front window when you are listening to TV stereo, dolby digital, or PLII. If it says stereo that is the problem select a surround mode for TV listening.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us