Center channel

Username: Tubetype

Colorado USA

Post Number: 5
I have received many good comments on the redesign of my family room. After a couple of trips to audition speakers, then back to a couple more sites I like the Speakercraft AIM7-MT-One In-Wall Speakers.
I now have my two fronts, two sides but am concerned about my center. Casey has provided good information on placement of the center channel but this left me wondering. Originally I had planned to place the speaker into the wall, using a third (which ever speaker). I find the size needed for any speaker would be too large to be practical. I now plan to mount the center channel on the wall and direct it with moveable mounts.
What is a good suggestion for this center channel speaker? I like the way the Definitive Technology speakers sound but how do you voice match the speaker to the Speakercrafts? Is voice matching needed?
The jury is still out on the bass module. I think I am going to wait, see how the Speakercrafts sound then replace my bass module in the future.
Thanks again for all of the help.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 813
In theory all 5 speakers should be the same, not always possible. The front 3 should be timber matched and similar. How about the AIM LCR one as the center channel. The Def Techs are nice but expensive. Check out the Paradigm Millenia 20 on wall speakers I;m sure the center will fit in most places
http://www.paradigm.com/products/paradigm-reference/lcr/millenia-series/millenia -20
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us