Optical Cable

Username: Rogerayalao

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have had this problem I am having. I want to hook up my Blu-Ray home theater sound and I need an optical cable. I purchased one and on the DVR Comcast box it does not fit. Where can I purchase one and how can I hook this up to get the sourround sound when watching TV.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1122
Where in the world did you get the cable from??? Unless it is VERY unusual they are all the same connector It isn't always easy finding the right orientation (make sure the flat sides match up) specially when work from in front of the receiver but it should fit.

Post Number: 2
I got the cable at best buy. But will check the orientaction. Since its a fiber optic cable i will be very carefull. So do i go from the COMCAST box to the Blue-ray?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1123
Greetings Roger,

Assuming you Blu-Ray is an HTiB then yes, connect the Comcast box to it. I would also suggest that you buy your cable from here:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?spcDB=10229&spcWord=Audio+Cables+-+ Optical+Toslink&keyword=optical

rather than Best Buy. When you see the prices you will understand!

Post Number: 3
Thanks Jim Bay, i see the price diference. I still do not know which optical cable that will fit on the COMCAST box. I tried and tried to fit the one I have but it is slightly bigger than the comcast port.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1125
I cannot imagine what would cause this but I think your best course of action would be to contact Comcast.

Post Number: 4
I just noticed that the comcast box is an Optical SPDIF, does this mean anything?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1130
THAT'S IT ROGER!!!

Phew, I hate to think about what you were trying to connect the optical to !

There should be a red glow behind the door when the box is powered up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us