Not sure what to do here

Username: Mrbrandolee

Post Number: 1
I set up my surround sound. It works when playing my vcr, dvd and wii. but HOW do I get surround sound from my tv to watch the superbowl?

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1021
Greetings Brandon,

It will be very difficult to help you without further information. One thing we need to know for sure is what is the source of your TV (satellite/cable box, cable straight out of the wall, antenna, etc.)

Post Number: 2
it's cable from the wall.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1022
So I assume that there are no audio outputs on your tv so the thing to do is hook the cable up to your VCR and take the audio out of that!

The ideal situation would be to get a cable box but the VCR should do nicely in the mean time.

Post Number: 3
I have a receiver that I am running everything thru. The tv is hooked up to the cable at the wall, and it is being run as a monitor (analog video out only) to the receiver. The Wii, DVD player and VCR all have analog A/V out cables running into the receiver. My tv only has audio out ports available as is. When we watch movies, listen to the radio, etc we can hear it all in surround, but is there a way to connect the tv to the receiver so we can hear it in surround sound? I've heard we might be able to connect it thru the VCR possibly to make this happen (tho I can't seem to figure out how)... is this true? Thanks.

Post Number: 4
Sorry, I didn't see your response before I explained further. I'm guessing there are no tv A/V outputs. There is just the standard A/A/V analog ports & the cable port. So am I to run the cable from the wall to the VCR cable in, then the cable from the VCR to the tv? Then I suppose I need to run an analog A/V from the tv to the VCR and not the receiver? Thanks so much for your help.

Post Number: 5
That's what I did and it worked. Thanks!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1023
You took the analog audio out of the VCR into the receiver right?

Post Number: 6
yep, I just can't get more than a few cable channels. I'm assuming the VCR is programmed, but since my VCR remote is broken, buying a better universal remote should fix that, I'm thinking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
As long as your VCR is a major brand then you shouldn't have too much trouble with that! You should be able to get a decent remote for a very low cost.

Enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us