Can't get my surround sound to work.

Username: Ocusoccer03

United States

Post Number: 1
I just got a panasonic plasma hdtv. I have a 5 disc dvd surround sound system with 5 speakers and a subwoofer, a blu ray player, xbox 360, nintendo wii, and direct tv hd dvr. I cannot get my sound to work. Can someone please tell me how to hook it up properly. Right now I have a red/white cable going from the surround sound to my tv and that definitely doesnt work. I had it hooked up before and had my direct tv as hdmi then connect a red/white/yellow to the tv also, then connected the red/white from my surround sound to my tv. And that use to work. But I just got my new tv and it doesn't work like that now. Any suggestions?

Username: Ocusoccer03

United States

Post Number: 2
Also when I plug the red/white/yellow cable from the direct tv hd dvr to the surround sound, my surround sound does work, but only for the dvr. When I switch it to my xbox, wii, blu ray player it doesn't work.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 717
HDMI from the cable to the TV. Digital audio cable from cable box to the receiver, same with blu-ray. Hook the game directly to the TV if you have enough inputs on the receiver send only the auduo (RED & WHITE) from the games to the receiver. Nothing from the TV to the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us