Devinci Equipment

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 125
A friend bought a Devinci home theatre system from someone in a parking lot. paid a few hundred bucks, set it up and said it sounded good. What are the chances of this being real equipment vs. being one of those "guy's in van" semi-scam?

Just looking for thoughts

Cheers

Username: Gr8view

Denver, CO USA

Post Number: 1
I am currently shopping around for a new theatre system. I am curious about the Divinci, MTS, Insignia, Curtis, JWin, Genesis, Innax, etc. Granted they are being sold on the streets like $5 popsicles or more similar, with regard to the elaborate scheme, to purchasing a dime bag. I think it would be rather difficult to sell a $2000 stereo system out of your van without an elaborate story, even it was for 10% of the MSRP.

Frankly, I want to see some real, unbiased reviews done on these systems. You can find hundreds of reviews on an HK receiver, but nothing current on any of the systems listed above. MTS or Divinci could be legitimate high end audio dealers, but these knock offs are ruining their business, or they are making substandard systems and hiking up the MSRP, similar to Bose without all of the advertising. We have all heard of Amway/Quixtar - yeah its multi level marketing and we get that feeling of shady business practices, the truth is that the soap does clean stuff as it was designed

Who cares where you got them, we need to know how good or bad these are with unbiased reviews and hard data (frequency rating, power cuttoff etc). We need to know if it is fair build quality for the premier prices they are asking. As Americans we should support small business entrepreneurs, if they are scams, so be it, but at least we know. If you have links to unbiased review please share.

Username: Jamiep123

Byron, GA United States

Divincisound.com is the website for the actual company. I own a Divinci 1200 watt receiver and it seems to work real well on my stereo. The hookup on the back is a little complicated and there aren't a lot of istructions but the surround sound moves my floor and sounds like a movie theater.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14190
If you like it, who is to say you are wrong? Enjoy it and have fun with your toys.

Username: Jonahwhale

So this is kind of almost 2 years later but I had the same deal with a white van wanting me to buy some allegedly $2000 speakers that were top of the line, surround, Da Vinci speakers, that you could only get in the states. He showed me the box, it looked ligit, they were beefy and I could see the price tag. The boss apparently over shipped them and they wanted to make a few bucks.. so it was win win for both of us. It sounded good, but I didn't feel right about the whole 'take from the bosses mistakes'. So I left and they acted upset/surprised. They are pretty good actors not going to lie.
So I got home and looked it up. A simple google search reveals that it is a popular scam. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam
maybe wikipedia isn't your most reliable source but the scam is prevalent in other places to. Apparently there worth like 75$.. So note to self, don't trust dudes selling from the back of there van
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us