Control speaker sound through Tv: sony Bravia 40" TV with M Audio studiophile AV40

Username: Ignoramus55

Post Number: 1
I would be eternally grateful for some enlightenment on this issue. We have a Sony Bravia LCD 40" TV. We want to improve the sound just a little - we are not audiophiles. We also wanted something not too large or expensive.

We got M Audio Studiophile AV40 speakers, hooked up directly to the TV through the AV cords. The sound is nice. But we cannot control the audio level through the TV remote - it seems we can only control the volume through the knob on the main speaker.

Is there a way to change a setting to have the TV control the volume through the remote?

Some movies have such dramatic fluctuations in volume that frequent adjustments are necessary.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2571
­
It would have helped if you supplied an actual model number. Some, maybe all Sony displays have a fixed/variable audio output. If yours has this you need to consult the owner's manual for switching that output to "VARIABLE", which means that its output goes up and down with the volume control. You will most likely find it advantageous to turn off the TV's internal speakers.

Username: Ignoramus55

Post Number: 2
Hi John,

First of all, thanks for replying.

We have a Sony Bravia KDL-40V5100. Unfortunately it says "audio out: fixed" in the manual and when I look it up online.

If you have any other ideas, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2573
­
"audio out: fixed" is not good news for you. This does not leave much alternative with your present equipment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us