1080i/two monitors problem

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 51
I have been using s-video to connect my PC to my plasma for a long time, and of course wanted to improve the picture by going through the VGA input. I got it to work for a day after changing the properties on the video card and it looked amazing, but after rebooting to save the settings it would only work through s-video. The computer now does not read the plasma screen and when I try to manually change the properties with the VGA input selected, the screen flashes a couple of times and the tv goes into a "protect" mode. I have an old analog monitor also hooked up to the pc that works fine, but can't seem to get things back to that glorious day. I tried a system recovery, but that also did not work. Any ideas?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12214
Seems like your video card is busted.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1215
Even if you do get that working (I would say that the display properties would somehow play a part, either switching display size or refresh rate) I would be careful about burn in on a plasma, especially when you have the taskbar down at the bottom just sitting there the whole time.

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 55
I think Berny may be right about my video card. Togh decision, though. There are just thousands of models out there at widely varying price points. Anybody have any recommendations for a HTPC?

Burn in was absolutely one of the main considerations when I bought this model- it is the Sony FWD-50PX1, a commercial unit used a lot in airports to display arrivals and departures, so it is a bit more resisitant to burn in than most plasmas. To be safe, though, I set my task bar to be hidden unless the cursor comes near it, set the colors to be more muted, and make full use of screensavers. I'm also mainly uing the computer to play music right now, and the visualizations are mostly what the screen is being used for. They look awesome and get a lot of "wow"s at parties. Still nervous about burn in, though. I am considering the new Sharp Aquos 52"LCD with 1080p. 2" more screen surface, more resolution, and no worry of burn in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us