Anyone hear of these?

Username: Jakeman02

Post Number: 2
Hello I'm in the process of picking out components for a BUDGET system. I do want to get as much quality as I can in it. I first decided on the Yamaha YHT-150 HTIB. I already have a Oknyo HTIB system in anothing room(love it) but the weakest link in that system is the oem speakers, which is expected at that price point. I then priced lower end Receivers omitting the jvc and others that I've read are not so good quality and found I could get basically the same equipped receiver from Pioneer(VSXD515K) and Yamaha(HTR 5830 SL) for $125 less than the htib system. I decided I would go this route and put the savings toward slightly better speakers. I might have to start with just center or center-rf-lf for now to be at the same price point which is ok, even that will blow my tv speaker away untill I can complete the system. So my speaker search began. I've search every low priced POS speaker in the universe tring to find some that fit my needs. If I found one from a company I couldn't find the rest to match and found another from a differnet company and I don't want to mix between the c-rf-lf expecially. I'm not sure about this line though. I've come against one that from what I've researched looks ok but I've never heard of them. I've read quite a few reviews from amazon and other places and they were all highly positive. I even called the company and talked to the rep for a while. The speakers Make are ADVENT and the line is the Heritage line. I'm not really wild about the brushed aluminum look they have but I've searched worse and they seem like a good value. The models in this line are Heritage 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and CenterChannel. Just thought someone here might have some experience with them or would let me know if I'm going in the right direction. I'm not tring to build a high end system here, it's going in a bedroom. The oknyo unit has spoiled me and tv just isn't the same in the bedroom anymore haha. Anway I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck so to speak, with basically the same money invested as I have in my HTIB system. If I am sucessful in my speaker search I'll probably swap them with the Oknyo as that's the bigger room. Anway thanks for any advice or pointing in the right direction.

Username: Jakeman02

Post Number: 3
Oh PS, forgot to mention a sub. I've pretty much decided on the Yamaha YST-SW215. It looks like a decent sub at a VERY good price. I can get it for $89 right now with free shipping. Don't know how long the free shipping offer is going though so I may jump on that first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us