No sound in front speakers

Username: Amikoace

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I'm a newb in desperate need for help :-(

I recently bought a home theater system, with a Yamaha receiver and Diamond 9.1 speakers. It worked okay, but I moved the receiver to another place, and no I don't hear anything in the front speakers (sub, 2 rear and center are working okay). I checked the connections, and all the parameters in the system setup and they seem okay (I haven't changed them when I moved the receiver).

What can be my problem?

Thanx!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 835
Go through a process of elimination that your cable and speakers are not the problem. Switch the connections and see if they speakers work as back speakers, then switch the cables to the back to see if the cables work. Pare down all the possibilities until you get find what's causing the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_l

Quad Cities, Il

Post Number: 19
Check to make sure you didnt hit the A and B speaker switch on the front of the Yamaha. They are push buttons on the left side and could be easy to hit if you moved it facing you.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 86
Jay good suggestion. Ami you could just put the reciever in stereo mode and see what sound if any you get and then check your wires if you get no sound in stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us