Front Projection Screens

Bronze Member
Username: Hogwild

Post Number: 30
I've got to decide on a front projection screen but I'm having a really tough time.

The trouble is I can't preview all the screens with my projector before I buy.

There are also many DIY screens that people swear by - everything from a white painted wall to waterproof tub enclosure material.

It seems to me that a discussion board like this would be a good place to post pictures of the video image and describe the equipment used.

Then people could "preview" screens and make a more informed purchase.

Anyone else out there in my situation that could lend some support?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 820
The screen will only have so much effect on your overall viewing. I have a pull down screen that came with my project and retails about $125 outside and it's pretty good. I have seen a mounted screen that supposedly flashes the light back and makes it more illuminated and costed $1200 and that was also fine. Ultimately the projection itself will have much more to do with how good your display will be than the screens.

I don't know about painted walls though.

Bronze Member
Username: Hogwild

Post Number: 31
I've been hanging around another discussion board as well (projector central).

http://www.bigscreenforums.com/forum_browse.cfm?which=16&p=1

I find it curious that these guys try so many different screen materials (the science is amazing) and then just describe the image or say it is great.

My suggestion for an image gallery (screen test) has received no interest.

I don't get it!

I guess I'm looking for an open minded home theatre discussion board to consider it.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 76
I recommend fixed screens to those who have the real estate to mount one. Better long term performance IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us