equipment...
- mitsubishi hc900 projector
- directv standard reciever
- sony dvd/audio system

currently I have...
- an s-video running from the directv receiver to the project
- audio cables running from directv receiver to dvd
- component video from dvd to projector

Would there be any advantages to routing the video through the dvd (from directv reciever) to the projector? What cables should be used? Reason I ask is because DVD's look great on projector but Directv looks blurry and not as crisp as I think it should... The projector is HD...

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 477
No matter what you do, your signal from the DVD will be much clearer than the sat box, unless you have HD coming to your DirecTV. I'm not too familiar with Directv.

Username: Jvaughn

Post Number: 2
so does that mean it would be advantageous to route the sat box signal through the dvd and then on to the projector? If so, how would you do that?

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 15
There would be no advantage of sending the signal through the dvd player.

The reason the DVD player looks so much better is because the signal is not compressed like that found on satellite or digital cable.

Ideally, you would send a DVI\HDMI signal from your DVD player and your satellite reciever. A good compromise would be to send HDMI from the satellite receiver and component out from the DVD player to the projector.

I use Bluejean cables. They are cost effective, high quality products that do not rely on snake oil adds to sell them.

You just might want to stick with a 27" CRT TV for SD programming and use the projector for DVD's and HD programming, once you get it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us