Suggestions for speaker wall mounts?

Username: Kipp

Post Number: 2
Hey, folks. So I'm late getting to the Home Theater party, but after years of wanting one, I've finally broken down and bought an Onkyo HTS-770.

Here's my question - the room I'm putting it in is such that I need to mount the speakers to the wall, and angle them slightly downward, in order to get them in the proper spacing (there are big doorways to the right and left of the couch, so they have to go above the doors...and thus need to point down).

For those of you who know the HTS-770, the surround speakers are, well, big. Not really heavy, but bulky (for surrounds). So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for speaker wall-mounts they think would solve my problem (mounting bigger speakers, angling them a bit down).

Someone on another forum here said that Onkyo recommended Peerless SPK811 mounts...but the 'keyhole' on the speakers is near the top, which makes me think that mounting them that way won't make it easy to angle them slightly down. On the other hand, is it a good idea to get wall mounts that require you to drill into the back of the cabinet? I always hate to do something irreversible to my A/V components....

Any recommendations? Suggestions? I'd really appreciate the help - I don't want to screw it up on my first attempt!

Thanks,

Kipp

TPE
Unregistered guest
Check out Omni Mount products, we like those alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us