Computer Build w/ Pics

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4422
Sup guys.. I've been gathering parts for a computer build for the past couple months. I wanted to wait for AMDs Bulldozer FX processors, but I found the 965 for 115 so I just got that. The motherboard is Bulldozer ready so I'll eventually upgrade. Anyways, finally got the rest of my parts yesterday and put it all together. Here's a few pics

Specs:

CASE: NZXT Tempest Evo
MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8Ghz OC
CPU Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm
GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850 1GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM
SSD: Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB
DVD Drive: LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
Monitor: Samsung 23" 1080p

So many boxes to get rid of..
Upload

All black mobo ftw
Upload

Phenom installed. I made sure to lick the pins for that extra power boost... haha
Upload

The drives..
Upload

SSD mounted and ready to be installed
Upload

lots of wires
Upload

This case has really good cable management. Definitely recommend it.
Upload

All finished
Upload

Eventually I'll throw some cathodes in there to light it up some more lol.
Upload

Upload

Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24976
That's a lot of fans! Must draw a good bit of power and dissipate heat? Looks awesome though.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4423
Haha yeah, there are 6 case fans. The fans don't draw as much power as you would think. It keeps it pretty cool inside. I thought it was going to be really loud, but I was surprised when I first turned it on. Even when the graphics card and CPU fan are running at full speed it still isn't that bad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24977
I meant that if that many fans are needed then there must be a substantial heat production that needs dissipated.

6 fans though. Wow.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2051
Very nice! love the cable management.

BTW, what was you final cost of PC (not including the monitor, and i think i have the same monitor )

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1400
His monitor is also his tv LOL. looks great though.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3589
Weaksauce!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5998
That's one sweet rig. High 7's on the WEI! Paul, six fans is pretty standard on these mid-high level cases. I have eight, plus a turbine blower that I can ramp up for high stress apps. These new super fast components generate a lot of heat, and the best thing you can do for their longevity is supply an air flow across them, and lots of it. Most of these cases are built in a 2-3 front (in) and 3-6 rear and/or side/top (out) config. Creates a wind tunnel straight through the case. This is why it is so important to make sure your case is somewhat air tight, and every unused slot is covered up.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4424
Dang 8 fans, must be a full-size case. A turbine blower? That's awesome. Did you have to mod your case for that or no?

Skullz, final cost came to around $1000. Do you have the 2333T? I've had it for a couple years. It's great and cheap too! I might be buying another one for dual 23''

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17022
NICE !

that is like a souped up car ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17163
insane you might as well installed an air conditioner lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9805
Not bad. I would have probably invested in a better SSD but other than that it's not bad. Clean up those wires!

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9806
Upload

That's the last machine I built which was ages ago.

Upload

If you guys want to talk about air flow, there are 7 120mm fans, 1 140mm fan and a 200mm fan(the big one in the front). This machine is no longer like this since I don't care for flashy computers anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4935
What can these decked out computers do that other ones can't?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2052
Run fast, stay cool and pretty much run any damn game out there lol

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 651
must be very noisy with all the fans running

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2056
They actually have fans that run very quiet. I would not be surprised if those were the ones used. The build of the case also can be a big factor of noise.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4433
Sweet builds Rob. The SSD I bought at the time was one of the highest rated for its price... couple months later everything changes. I wish I woulda bought a larger one, but they're too expensive.

Doreen it does make noise that's forsure, but it doesn't really bother me. Well, at least this time of the year because I have a floor fan running at full speed 24/7 because it's so damn hot up here on the second floor.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9811
If you want quiet fans that move a lot of air look to Noctua, even at full tilt they're barely audible and push a lot of CFM BUT I will say this much, they are hideous.

Thanks Steve and yea, 120 is the bare minimum I would go with on an SSD and the C300 you have still performs pretty well, I should have said gone with a higher capacity in my earlier post. I was actually going to drop some money into a nice SSD setup or even OCZs Revodrive X2 BUT then I started doing research and have pretty much scared myself out of a purchase due to reading all the horror stories that SSDs create. The Revodrive mentioned is a PCI-E storage device that's expensive and I was going to run one of those until I discovered the thing draws 13.5 watts at idle which may not seem much but an SSD will draw about .5 watts at idle, the real issues isn't so much the power consumption but the additional heat generated. No thanks, my machine already makes my room hotter than I'd like, of course that's kind of nice in the midwest Winters we have.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4942
I've never had more than a good stock computer and I've played some serious warcraft, starcraft, C&C etc without any problems. Not to mention playing poker online multi-tabling while playing music and stuff too. I guess these computers would just do all that more efficiently?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25032
Pitt I remember buying a computer that had 3 gigs of memory and 500mb of ram and the salesman looked at me in awe when I asked if I could get more.

"What on Earth are you gonna need that much space for?".

Today's limos are tomorrow's clunkers. In the PC world the evolution scale is just flat out crazy.

An average smart phone today has more potential than a $2000 pc of only 5 years ago or less.

The curve is just insane.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9812
Lol @ serious warcraft, starcraft and C&C, just thought that was funny. Anyhow, the average computer can handle most RTS games with low to mid settings pretty easily BUT when you start improving quality for visuals frame rates suffer and eventually you're playing a game and getting only 5 FPS which would be terrible. For that you need a decent video card and even then sometimes it's not enough depending on settings used. Some people like to have a ton of things running too so you need more ram, a faster CPU or fast storage hardware if you move around a lot of data. I really don't think efficiency is the right term to describe what people want in most cases but it's the experience. Now if you use your machine for work then yea, efficiency is important because time is valuable in that case.

Paul, I disagree about them saying what phones can do. The clock speeds are there but in most cases smart phones are turds that you'd want to rely on only in a scenario you had no access to an actual PC. I've used a bunch of Smartphones although I don't own one and I'm definitely not impressed that's for sure. They often have huge delays and freeze ups, ugh. Despite that I would get one BUT I always break my phones so I use whatever outdated piece of junk that can take a beating.

Username: Angeljoe

Post Number: 4
nice, thats amazing.

Username: Johndalee3

Post Number: 2
Looking nice!

Username: Michaelking

Post Number: 1
This is RazorGeForce 39?

Username: Michaelking

Post Number: 2
I have This is RazorGeForce 39 in 2013

Username: Rachisharma9990

Delhi, Delhi India

Nice post if you looking for the email migration software's then do check MailsDaddy page https://www.mailsdaddy.com/
And for the technical content read: Easily Migrate Blogs https://easilymigrate.com/

Username: Lifetree

Sonipat, Haryana India

Lifetree Keto has fat burner advantage with Garcinia Cambogia 60% HCA, Green Coffee Bean Extract half CGA, and Green Tea Extract 90% Polyphenols along with Piperine that enhances absorption for better action.
Your Weight on the Weighing Scale can sometimes be a traumatic experience as an increased weight gives you a flabby appearance resulting in mental stress due to body shaming. Not only this but even dieting regimen adds to this stress. Lifetree Keto works on both physical and mental health. Lifetree Keto helps you reduce weight in a scientific way.
Buy Now: https://www.lifetreeworld.com/keto-advanced-weight-loss-capsules
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us