Possible fake website and faulty item- HELP !!

Username: Contactadam2002

Post Number: 6
I ordered the Tvix R-3300 multimedia player from http://www.edock.tv/ about a week ago and the site looked legit and someone even e-mailed me to inform me that the free T331 digital tuner (supplied as an extra) was out of stock, so I chose to have it delivered without the tuner (a decision I regret) and they responded pretty quickly after I ordered and after I gave my decision. The item arrived quickly, but the box looked like it could have been re-packaged (as it looked worn and some of the cello-tape was loose, though this could have been done in transit).
The real problem is that the special AV input dongle/cable (used to input other devices) was not inside the box (the manual clearly states it should come with it). The cable is unique to the device and is very necessary and cannot be bought anywhere, plus I've also decided I want them to send me that tuner after all (even if I have to pay postage). The problem is that I have checked the site rating on a few rating sites and many people are dissatisfied and question it's validity as there is no phone number provided (though someone found one and for me the line is engaged and then a second attempt I get "the call is not accepted due to anonymous call barring in operation" and it doesn't work on my mobile phone either). Going to the site through the homepage (which is not how I got to it before) I see that many links are dead, except for the ones you usually find at the very bottom of a site (e.g contact us and terms and conditions etc). My emails have yet gone unanswered and though it's only been a day, I'm getting nervous. Tvix are a Korean brand and only have a Korean phone number and address with no other means of contacting them, but of course this is edocks responsibility anyway.
I therefor need advice either or how to purchase a replacement for this cable or should I try phoning 'trading standards' or some other means of legal pursuit perhaps to get my money back and buy elsewhere.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15946
Adam

There is a TVIX dealer in USA, you can E-Mail them here:

http://www.tvixbox.com/contact.php

You can explain them your problem with Edock surely they will help you because this cable cost under 1$!

Are you from Europe?

Username: Contactadam2002

Post Number: 7
Yes I'm from Europe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us