Post Number: 16281
Opening day...April 4, 2010 in Boston

Red Sox 9

Yankees 7

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4390
This thread is gonna be awesome when the red sox finish 3rd in their division.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16282
Pitt...watch what ya say cause U may be eating them words like yanks fan did a few years go...lol

I watched Tampa Rays and the Sox play all spring, and the Rays are very impressive...this Sean Rodriguez is gonna be a good one...and Crawford is just amazing...and would love to see Crawford in Boston next year..Rays have the batting and fielding, but lets see where their pitching goes..the Sox have it all this year, unless injuries become a factor..and the Yanks, well have too many egos and salaries to satisfy to repeat...if Arod goes down, so do the Yanks..

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11855
I find you humorous, LK.

That is all.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5683
The Red Sox getting John Lackey and Victor Martinez was huge, but they should have brought Hanley Ramirez back to Boston for a group of prospects when they had the chance. They will probably end up getting Adrian Gonzalez from my Padres though. Marco Scutaro is a workable SS until Jose Iglesias is ready to play every day.

But the Yankees should continue their hot streak they started in the last couple months of last year and run away with this division. The additions of Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson added 50+ homers to an already powerful lineup. It is not a coincidence that the Yankess added two left-handed power bats to take advantage of the short porch and wind that blows out to right. Granderson could easily hit 25 at home this year. The Orioles have quietly assembled a solid team and could surprise a bit this year.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4391
Boston doesn't have it all, their lineup is weak and their pitching is overrated. If Beckett and company pitch anything like they did last night, the sox won't have a chance cause they aren't going to score 9 runs most days. The Rays have better power, WAY more speed, and are going to score a lot more runs. Garza is underrated, Price is ready to have a breakout year, they'll be fine.

Both the Rays and the Sox will be chasing the Yankees, who are EASILY the best team in the division. "Too many egos" to repeat? Your Boston bias is fogging your brain LK. Remember all the egos they had in the late 90s and 2000? How'd that work out?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4401
Current AL East standings....

NEW YORK 2-1
TAMPA BAY 2-1
TORONTO 2-1
BALTIMORE 1-2
BOSTON 1-2

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22616
This is interesting.

"Umpire Joe West: Red Sox and Yankees a 'disgrace to baseball'

By 'Duk

Drowsy fans of the 28 other big league teams no longer have to feel alone.

Someone in power also thinks these interminable Red Sox and Yankees games are taking too darned long.

After sitting behind home plate for three hours and 46 minutes on Sunday night, the patience of umpire Cowboy Joe West finally boiled over in Thursday morning's editions of the Bergen Record.

The veteran of 32 years labeled the turtle pace maintained by both clubs as "a disgrace to baseball" and said the players refuse to cooperate with the umpires when it comes to time-saving measures like staying in the batter's box and limiting trips to the mound.

From the Bergen Record:

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, chief of the umpiring crew that worked the three-game series in Boston. He was the home plate umpire Sunday. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

"It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play."

West, who has also released a country music CD, hasn't yet penned a hit song entitled "Get On With It, Already!" but it sure sounds like he'd like to. He says the umpires are committed to shortening the time of all games and that intention has come through during this Red Sox-Yankees series as several batters were denied requests for a time out.

Did it work? Well, Wednesday's 10-inning affair clocked in at 3 hours, 21 minutes. Still not a neat and tidy affair, but much closer to a big league average that hovers around 2 hours and 50 minutes these days.

I'm willing to bet that the league office isn't happy over West publicly airing such strong comments, but I'm happy that someone in a position of influence is saying something. Red Sox and Yankees games are always going to take a little longer because both camps are big advocates of their batters taking pitches and working their way into deep counts.

Their lineups are also loaded with sluggers and, hey, all those hits take time.

Still, there's no reason that both teams shouldn't join the cause of shortening their games and if it takes a public scolding from a veteran ump, then so be it. Should watching one of these contests really mean having to shave a ZZ Top-like beard afterward?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16297
IMO...who cares if it takes 30 minutes longer some games...and maybe the Sox and the Yanks have the best pitching and hitting in baseball, and the players are gonna be more selective and need a lil time to concentrate....

TV and advertisers are the only ones that are really concerned,...if the ump don't like it, then he shouldn't be there, and find another career or part time job....maybe he should get paid by the hour instead then, and forfeit his game pay rate....I like a ball game if it takes 3 hours or 3.5 hours...don't matter to me...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22618
Well it's why I prefer football over baseball. The game and players, outside of TV timeouts, injuries and plays under a review, is dictated and governed by time. Sometimes watching a game is just a stalemate when the players set the game's pace with every stoppage they initiate.

Spit....adjust cr0tch....hand on helmet....point bat....swing a few...get into stance......ask for time. Spit again....hand on helmet....point bat....adjust cr0tch......pitcher throws to first to keep runner in check. Spit....get into stance...spit again.....rub that lovely cr0tch again....foul ball. Spit.....stare at shoes....adjust shirt......get into stance.....eye the pitcher....ask for time. Spit.....rub spit off shirt....get into stance......kick dirt on plate......grab that package again......pitcher throws back to first.

^^^All that for one strike. I suppose I know why the ump said what he said lol.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6402
Ever played baseball, Paul? I'm assuming not. It is one of, if not the most, mentally challenging sport. Name another sport where being successful 3 out of 10 times makes you a hall of famer. Baseball is definitely an acquired taste, so you have to understand the game to appreciate it. If you are worried about how long the games last, you aren't a fan of baseball.

That being said, Braves FTW. Heyward is gonna be one incredible.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5692
I agree 100% with Reece, although there are alot of players nowadays that take WAY too long to get in the batters box every pitch. They should start fining them. I mean, I am all for a few superstitions and stupid habits and all, but do they really need to step out every pitch and undo and reattach each batting glove, tap each cleat with the bat, adjust their helmets, pull their shirt sleeves up etc. etc.? Joe West is right.... get on with it and stop being such prima donnas trying to get as much camera time as possible.

The worst of all time was Nomar Garciaparra. That dude was hella annoying.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22620
Played quite a lot as a kid actually and my son does now also. In fact when I played we did it for fun, not money, like the ones you see on TV. Brad just added to some of my pet peeves when watching.

My coaches constantly pounded into our heads to hustle to the plate and in and out of the dug out. Stop fidgeting around with ourselves and save the energy for the game.

Oh and I completely understand the 3 out of 10 ratio of a great player. I'm just seeing too many self absorbed athletes who appear to want more camera time like Brad said. There's no reason for all the minor delays that add up on both sides to equate to a 4 hour game. Take it from someone who did play and loved it. I'm just seeing the same action spread out over much more time.

I suppose on the bright side it contributes to more beer time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16299
I loved watching Nomar go through his routines with the gloves etc...he was a trip...we all have our lil superstitions and quirks, that help us concentrate and focus..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4403
Nomar was annoying.... fortunately he has moved on from playing baseball... to be annoying as a bad analyst.

I agree with you guys, the length doesn't really bother me. I second Brad's thoughts though, it it important to put some limits on how much fiddling around they can do, because unlike most sports, there is no clock in baseball. Joe West however, should absolutely, 100% STFU. It's inappropriate for someone in his position to voice an opinion like that. He should be punished similar to the way athletes are punished for criticizing officials.

On Mike and Mike this morning a long time analyst or columnist (can't remember who it was for the life of me) absolutely went off on what a disgrace Joe West is. Apparently he has a well known reputation for jawing at players, showing them up, and flat out baiting them into arguments to toss them.

I'm also in favor of introducing more instant replay reviews for important calls. As it stands they only review home runs, they should also review catch/trap balls, and safe/out calls at bases. I'd rather watch a few extra minutes to get the call right. The traditionalists are against instant replay because it'll slow the game down supposedly, which I find funny in a sport where guys are allowed to do all the things already mentioned in this thread, on top of being ALLOWED to throw fits on the field!!! This is the only sport where a manager is allowed to come out and just argue and throw a tantrum for several minutes. Maybe we should eliminate THAT nonsense?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22623
I have to say that as long as the game moves along smoothly and cleanly it could go into 9 extra innings if need be, I don't care about that. What I DO care about is how the game is ultimately dictated by the length of the actions of the players. The "fluff" and BS and all.

I'm not a hater lol.

But seriously, 5+ minutes/batter is just too much IMO.

YOU'VE SEEN THEM!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5693
I read somewhere that Nomar averaged around three minutes per plate appearance. And he was a guy that wasn't exactly known for taking many pitches and/or walking. For a free swinger like Nomar, that is plain ridiculous, and he was disliked by many players, umps and managers.

You know this topic reminded me of something. I was watching the Little League World Series last year and I kept noticing all these 11-13 year old kids grabbing their crotch, spitting, adjusting their gloves and batting helmet etc., and I was thinking "WTF, look at how these little kids watch and emulate every single move of their favorite players." Because they think it's cool and the normal things to do. But some of the best hitters in MLB history rarely, if ever, left the batters box...

And it's exactly the same in Pop Warner Football... you see kids spiking the ball and doing dances after TD's. Makes me sick, frankly. It was either Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi that said: "When you get in the endzone, act like you've been there before."

There is way too much of this "look at me, I rule!" attitude in sports today. The salaries have increased yet the IQ's have decreased.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4443
Updated AL East standings:

1. Tampa Bay 32-12
2. New York 26-18
3. Toronto 26-20
4. Boston 24-21
5. Baltimore 14-31

I knew the Rays and Yankees were both way better than the Red Sox, but I must admit, I didn't predict the Rays being THIS dominant. It's still early, but they might just be the team to beat.

LK are you ready to accept your teams mediocrity yet? Boston will be lucky to finish a few games over 500.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2099
Tha's a pretty ignorant statement Ehran

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23634
dodgers are on a row lately.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4446

quote:

Tha's a pretty ignorant statement Ehran

Elaborate please.

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2100
Erhan "A few games over 500" ? I think that that is very unlikely

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4448
"Erhan"... lmao

Jeez, you came thru with such a good argument I don't even know where to go from here. I guess you got me zoolhuo.

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2102
Did you ride the little bus BullPit??

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 190
Don't let BullPit bother you zulu....He's a Wanker

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22832
Pit has his wits. Smart dude with elegant style in his words. True writer in disguise.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4450
Easy big guy you're making me blush!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22833
Swing away in life I say. You have nothing to lose but regret right?

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2103
Sox beat Rays last evening and are well over .500 now. The Sox just swang away

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2104
Sox 2 Rays 1 last evening. I would have to say that the Red Sox are a little better than some members believe.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16349
Sure looks like ONLY 2 games separate the Red Sox and Yanks!...and just 1 in the win column...so get out of here with that Sox sux crap and lucky to be .500

and yes Tampa is fer real...ALL the AL EAST teams need to pay attention

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4467
LK, if it takes you the full season to pull your head out of your azz, I can be patient. I said before the season began, the BoSox will finish behind the Yankees AND Rays, and miss the playoffs. I stand by that now. You will see.

As a Boston fan however, I'm sure you'll be well prepared come seasons end with all sorts of excuses about injuries and whatnot.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11908
Why even bother arguing with him Ehren? I gave up on it a while ago lol.

With that said, I'm off to sleep. Going to New York tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1611
Welcome

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16350
If ya know me, then ya know I have never been one to make up excuses fer any team..so bite me with that kid talk...and I have ALWAYS congratulated the winners and never been a cry baby sore loser w excuses....

and Pit nuts, U said "Boston will be lucky to finish a few games over 500"...and thats the point where U're a fukkkn joke...if they're almost tied with the yankees, then I guess that applies to them as well too..

Pit I ain't seen ya make a decent prediction yet here in any sport in years, so I'm glad ya pick the Sox to finish behind the others....and if ya finally get lucky with this prediction, you're still ONLY batting about 1 fer 20...thats .050 to you....like yer little league average..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4469

quote:

Pit I ain't seen ya make a decent prediction yet here in any sport in years

Care to validate that by listing some of the bad predictions you believe I've made?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6407
LK... it's for, not fer... if you're going to act like an arrogant pr1ck, at least learn how to speak.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16351
Elvis left the bldg...I suggest U learn the meaning of the word ARROGANT.....nothing in my post is arrogant...

but your attempt to be condescending is arrogant!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4470
Whoa whoa whoa lets all take a deep breath. I didn't mean to turn this into an LK bash.

Although it does bug me that all of his posts are so fragmented... where he just... kind of... rambles on.... overusing elipses....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16352
What I get a kick most of is ya all come to a silly forums for shitts and giggles, and then turn it into your college English courses for critique.....or who can outdo the other with their attempts to impress others with their writing skills..

This place serves one purpose, to have fun and have a few laughs....nothing else...leave yer school stuff at home or back in school....many of us are educated already and received our degrees,...we just wanna talk the way we feel....without ya all needing to bash us with your attempts to impress us..

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11909
I don't think anyone is trying to impress people LK. Let's put it this way, I haven't lost an ounce of sleep from anything anyone has said on here. I'm pretty sure 95% of the people on here are the same.

Btw, saying you're arrogant isn't necessarily true with your posts, but to say you are ignorant is much more true.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22862
Baseball 2010.

Isn't that what this thread is about?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4471
Paul's right. Lets not lose sight of the true spirit of this thread. This thread is supposed to be about LK overreacting to one stupid win by his extremely overrated Boston Red Sox team.

Lets all give him as much sh!t as possible about it, and remind him as frequently as possible, that they aren't very good. Currently, they're in 4th place, behind the always tough to beat.... Toronto Blue Jays lmao.

Lets keep this one light guys.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22864
Lol. I love chaos.

Stir it up!!!!

Then again, I respect a civil debate more. It keeps our emotions in check (for the most part).

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4472
This troll wants me bad. It's good to be loved.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22866

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16353
I simply wanted a thread regarding BASEBALL this year...nothing more pit nuts..and elvis..and yanks fan..

if that's to hard to comprehend, then stay in school..

BTW..that first post was the first game of the season...thats all!...nothing more....nothing less.....

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4473

quote:

I simply wanted a thread regarding BASEBALL this year

C'mon now, that's not true. Be honest LK. You watched the sox' season opener, and after all of the excitement of a dramatic boston win, you quickly changed into a fresh, unsoiled adult diaper, hopped on your hoveround scooter, zoomed over to the computer, and in an incoherent, senile moment, you thought "I'll make a thread on ecoustics to stick it to all those Yankee fans!!!"

Best thread ever.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23638
looks like sox are doing well. soon ehren might have to eat his words. lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4478
If I have to eat my words on this prediction, it won't be soon. It was a season long prediction. We've got months to argue before we'll know if I'm right or not.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16354
Some ppl here said...

"LK are you ready to accept your teams mediocrity yet? Boston will be lucky to finish a few games over 500. "

"you are ignorant is much more true."

"I knew the Rays and Yankees were both way better than the Red Sox"

Looks like a helluva close race and tight division to me

Tampa Bay 36 20 .
NY Yankees 34 22
Boston 33 24

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4479
I had the balls to make an official prediction before we'd seen any of these teams take a single at bat, or throw a single pitch this season. So far, I'm right. The sox are BEHIND the yankees and the rays.

We're a third of the way thru, and have you even made a prediction yet? Lets hear it LK.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16355
Yeah I have... I predicted the Sox...Celtics...and Patriots ....in the past years...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4480
You picking your home teams every year, and getting lucky occasionally doesn't mean you know anything. That just means you're a homer.

I bet you lost some nice sums of money betting the Red Sox to win the world series for like a hundred years lmao. And the Pats to win the super bowl in 08'. Which by the way, was one of my many horrible predictions when I predicted the Giants to win on this very forum.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11914
Look LK. I think it's safe to say you and I don't get along too great. But check it out pal, you can't just say those predictions are wrong. For one, the season isn't over and Boston is mediocre. Two, you are ignorant. Third, the Yankees and Rays are better than you're beloved Red Sox.

Sooooooo I don't know where you come up with your genius stats or remarks but so far you're batting average in this thread is lower than Big Papi's

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11915
You're about as awesome as AIDS, Cooler King.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4481

quote:

You're about as awesome as AIDS

Favorite post ever lmao.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4482
Funniest part of that vid is RED SOX fans saying that the YANKEES "can't handle the pressure" ... priceless.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11916
Hey Ehren. Get your facts straight, one year makes up for 86 years of bad baseball and sheer embarrassment.

/sarcasm

The US should just part ways with Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5753
That is either LK (Loser King) or one of his unlikely minions posting for him, meaning ummm... him.

LK must have been a cop or a Marine in his life, because he has that dick kinda vibe that permeates through everything he thinks and says. He does back it up with some solid logic and facts more often than not, though.

But it makes you wonder if even once in his life he cast everything aside and smoked a bowl of some goodness and enjoyed the world for a minute.

And he is probably that guy that coaches little league and emerges from the dugout sporting impossibly tight Under Armour flex shorts, which draws a wave of muffled laughter and subtle pointing from the crowd, all of which he is oblivious to...

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2412
When theres watermelon commercials endorsing baseball ill watch it but, theres not any.

SO............. peace out.

BTW Hi Im as'n up his thread, so I can say what up to everyone, havent been on in a while.

Wuzup, I might pop back up one day amd chant.

End of as8n

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4483

quote:

LK must have been a cop or a Marine in his life, because he has that dick kinda vibe that permeates through everything he thinks and says. He does back it up with some solid logic and facts more often than not, though.

But it makes you wonder if even once in his life he cast everything aside and smoked a bowl of some goodness and enjoyed the world for a minute.

And he is probably that guy that coaches little league and emerges from the dugout sporting impossibly tight Under Armour flex shorts, which draws a wave of muffled laughter and subtle pointing from the crowd, all of which he is oblivious to...

I love when you stop by Brad. Spot on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6408
"The US should just part ways with Massachusetts and Rhode Island."

I couldn't agree more...

"When theres watermelon commercials endorsing baseball ill watch it but, theres not any. "

I hope this is a joke... If not, you lose all privileges to b1tch about racial stereotypes forevermore...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6409
And yeah, Brad's post was spot on... LK is a tool. Dude is unbelievably entitled for absolutely no reason. I've stopped questioning why he's such a douche (because it's just a given, there's no rhyme or reason), and started praying for him to find a new outlet for his faggishness.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16356
U guys got it all wrong..I just post using this nick , none others...

and none of ya have any reason to be bashing me...just cuz i posted the results of the opening day and started a baseball thread...and then got attacked for liking the Sox and New England teams...which i did predict rings for the years they did win..EX:, ya all were talking bout the Lakers killing the Celtics a couple years back and it didn't happen!..and then yanks fan bashing the Sox when they hammered the Yankees, then won the series...

BTW...brad , I was chillin and smoking doobies, riding my Indians and Harleys , and playing in some big bands (Steppenwolf..Ricky Nelson..Jerry Garcia) when U where learning your first set of Ludwigs's ..while I was also serving years in the military..so U did get the military part right, but have no clue what I'm all about .....also spandex is yer generation , not mine..mine we wear jocks and play fer real..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23643
dodgers have picked it up again and so has the angels. angels are right where they belong. first in the west.

padres will choke again like they always do so its only a matter of time before dodgers take first place again. this year they are going to go to the world series.

dodgers vs yankees in the world series.

you can see preview of the world series june 25 when yankees visit los angeles for the first time. (angels are in anaheim so its not los angeles. lol)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16360
BOSTON -- Amid his long and winding journey from undrafted prospect to the Minor Leagues, outfielder Daniel Nava never got much attention or notoriety from anyone aside from his family or friends. But life became different very fast for Nava, who on Saturday became the second player in Major League history to hit a grand slam on the first pitch of his career.

Not only did Nava accomplish the extremely rare feat just hours after being promoted from Triple-A, but he also did it for the Red Sox, a team that has an enormous following. Dining at a steak house with his parents on Saturday night, Nava was stunned that fans recognized him.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16394
Red Sox ..2nd place...1/2 game back ...tied w yankees in the win column..and 17 games above .500...

not bad for a beat up team with many serious injuries and on the DL...and using many young players from AAA Pawtucket RI team..

and who some call a "mediocre team with no talent, who will be lucky to pay .500 ball"..

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11919
You guys are playing way over your heads to be honest LK. And I feel you have to agree with that. I'm impressed with what you guys have done lately but there's no way you guys can keep it up.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4518

quote:

Red Sox ..2nd place...1/2 game back ...tied w yankees in the win column..and 17 games above .500...

not bad for a beat up team with many serious injuries and on the DL...and using many young players from AAA Pawtucket RI team..

Lot of games left to be played.

quote:

and who some call a "mediocre team with no talent, who will be lucky to pay .500 ball"..

Who said that? Cause I didn't.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16395
Thats what the farm system is all about, bringing up and teaching yer own players (Ex: Yuke...Pedroia...Hall....F Lynn...Yaz...Dewey Evans...Jim Rice), without the need to always go BUY another player (EX Arod...Clemens...etc))... and thats what the Sox have done for many years and noted for..along w grabbing veterans that others said were all washed up and no longer useful (EX: Lowell...Wakefield...Beltre)

Thats called REAL baseball and not playing over your head..its called USING your head...and allowing the younger players to develop, get some time in, and grow w the club....something most clubs haven't done in years..

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11920
Without the need to go buy a player?! Have you lost your mind LK? Your ripe old age must be catching up with you bud cause correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not, but your beloved Red Sox tried to buy the same players lmao. You talk about A-Rod, YOU tried to buy him too. Tex, YOU tried to buy him too. It's baseball LK. Don't b1tch and complain because they wanted to come to a winning franchise and not some sh1thole. And you mention "bringing up and teaching yer own players." For one, it's *your*, not yer. But second off, what about Jeter, Rivera, Cano, Jorge, Gardner, Joba, Robertson, Hughes...I mean come on you clown. Get out of your rocking chair and mature a little bit bud.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16396
yer an azzwipe....I didn't bash U, but U have a need to bash me..i never called u a clown or a young punk...yeah i maybe older than U, so i guess i'm stupid, like yer pops?....is that what yer implyiing?...I suggest u learn from us with much more wisdom , knowledge and courtesy...yer post was nothing but a bash...of course teams try to buy some great players, who said they didn't?..you're a piece of work kid...and yeah i can fukkkn spell ...A Z Z W I P E !!!!!

No matter what I post , ya look for a beef like a lil rich spoiled spoon fed schoolgirl....fukkk ya, yer a fuktard!..fukkn mangina

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23073
Not to derail this thread but when I played "sandlot" baseball in my youth EVERY player was from the neighborhood they represented. In today's pro sports however money has changed all that. To me it takes a bit away from the "team" the players make up. Now they are just hired employees looking for the highest bidder. Heck, why even use city names anymore, how about team owners? Like instead of the Philadelphia Eagles call them the "Jeffery Lurie" Eagles. After all they are the ones who build/pay the team.

Not to mention when a team gets sold to another city/state.

My point is, is there any loyalty left in American pro sports or is it still to the highest bidder?

That question was answered long ago and before many in this thread were aware of it.

Paul assumes no responsibility for this post and hopes in the end we all get along like a group of inner city kids cooling off next to a fire hydrant spraying cool water

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4521
Red Sox Unable to Avoid Sweep to Rays

They ARE who we THOUGHT they were!!!!!

1. New York 52-31
2. Tampa Bay 51-33
3. Boston 49-36
4. Toronto 42-43
5. Baltimore 25-59}

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16397
Thats a real close race..3 GB...WTF...big deal....faaaaaaar from a runaway and a Sox "no talent mediocre team with no pitching and hitting"...those stats just enforce my position all along..

I think ya should back to the beginning of the thread and see what U wrote and what I wrote... and half the Sox are on the DL which was mentioned earlier in the year and in this thread.....but its just half season and lots more to go..

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3519
Is it really that hard to spell out *you and *your?

Oh and *yeah.

And *little.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4522
LK, I was content with letting this thread sit for a while. The prediction I made was a season long one. It was YOU who had to post the instant that the Sox hit 2nd place like it proved me wrong or something. How long did that last? Oops, swept by the Tampa Bay Rays. Back to third place.

Apparently YOU need to go back and re-read, because you're misquoting me. I never said the Red Sox had no talent. I never said they had no pitching or hitting. Show me where I said those things. You won't, because you can't, because I didn't.

I said their pitching was overrated, which was undeniably accurate so far. Going into the season, their pitching was being called the best rotation in the majors, and maybe an all time great rotation. I said that that was ridiculous and they were overrated. So far, they aren't even ONE OF the best rotations this season. Lester is awesome. Buccholz is something to be excited about. After that? Beckett is clearly past his prime, Lackey is as well and has pitched poorly so far, and Dicegay is completely unreliable.

I also said their lineup was weak compared to the Rays and Yankees, which again I think has been accurate so far. Although, I'll give credit where credit is due, they've hit better than I expected with a rejuvenated Beltre and Ortiz. But even still, they don't have as much power as your beloved Yankees, nor do they have the ridiculous speed and run manufacturing ability of the Rays.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4527
Cliff Lee to the Yankees.... wow.

They've already got a good rotation with Sabathia, Hughes, Petite... and now they're adding an ace who's better than any of those guys? There goes the A.L. East.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16398
Must be the Texas Yankees.....ha

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11922
Yea that's a dagger the deal dropped last second. That was a real b1tch to see lol.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5770
Wow... The Rangers will end up regretting this big-time. Giving up Smoak and Beavan for a one year rental of Lee? They won't be able to afford to sign Lee next year, so they basically just gave up most of their teams' future for a chance to win it all this year.

Cliff will be a Yankee next year.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4529

quote:

Yea that's a dagger the deal dropped last second.

Seriously. ESPN was reporting Lee to the Yankees as if it was finalized, then the next thing I know, Lee to the Rangers!!!

Anyway, I'm mixed on this. If they really believe they can keep Lee long term, I like it, Lee is THAT good. But if they can't Brad is right. Blake Beaven is a hell of a prospect and Smoak is already showing signs of greatness.

I can at least sort of understand though. I don't think the Rangers are a joke this year. With Cliff in the rotation, they could make some serious noise. Their lineup is as deadly as anybodys. They must really believe that this is their year to make a run.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9647
WHITE SOX! SOUTHSIDE!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4532
RAWR GO WHITE SOX!!!!

Username: Jacobneo

Post Number: 2
I said that that was ridiculous and they were overrated. So far, they aren't even ONE OF the best rotations this season. Lester is awesome.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4620
1. New York 82 - 50
2. Tampa Bay 81 - 51
3. Boston 74 - 58
4. Toronto 69 - 63
5. Baltimore 49 - 83

Gold Member

Post Number: 6419
Boston Blows. F*ck you, LK. You f*ggot son of a b1tch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6420
That was harsh, but I meant it. F*ck you and your Red Sox to oblivion. The only "bl00dy sock" you're seeing this year is your team's assh*le ripped inside out by the competition beatin' it like a cop... B1tch.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5807
Upload

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11943
LMAO

God that is epic, Reece.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4622
ROFL

Those last two posts from Reece belong in the forum hall of fame.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6421
I still f*cking mean it. F*ck you, LK.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16399
Grow up elvis...dude u need to get laid or something...and quit jerking off playing stratomatic... I haven't been here or posted here in 2 months and you're still ranting like a school girl with her first period....

Obviously the Red Sox aren't gonna make it this year...any team with all the injuries that they had, wouldn't make it...and no doubt the Yankees and Tampa are very good as I stated earlier..thats the best division in baseball....as much as I dislike the Yankees, we all know they're a good team every year..and Tampa has been underrated for a few years and may surprise everybody as I mentioned..

I'm a die hard Boston fan, in all sports..so fukking sue me...but quit having a hissy fit..you're embarassing yourself again..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6424
The only reason you haven't been here in two months is because you're too big of a p*ssy to own up to your dumbass predictions based on incessant homerism. My Braves, whose lineup consists of Troy Glaus, Melky Cabrera, Brooks Conrad, Rick Ankiel, and various other no names, have a better record than your beloved Red Sox for Christ's sake, so I don't want to hear about injuries. Bo Sox backups are probably paid more than most Brave starters, sans the INJURED Chipper Jones. You don't hear me whining and complaining. Just admit you're wrong for once and that you're an arrogant pr*ck who finally grew big enough balls to come eat your crow (it doesn't take very big ones, it's the f*cking internet for the love of God). Don't get me wrong, I would have crawled into a hole too if I had talked as much sh*t as you only to get sh*t on in the end, but every post you make involves either you gargling the Bo Sox nuts or acting like a hardass. How can you not expect people to give you a hard time about the Sox being massively overrated when we all had to listen to you rant on and on - with no regard for logic - about how they were going to win the championship again, how they are the best team in baseball, and how the Yankees and Rays couldn't hold their jocks? Oh, that's right... You're f*cking delusional! Hell, just because I'm a Braves fan doesn't mean I predict they run away with the division en route to a World Series Championship every season. I mean, c'mon! Regardless, if this is embarrassing myself, imagine what people must think of you... Hissy fit... Ha! I'm just speaking the truth, b*tch.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11955
<3

Lmao

Username: Ruthlessstar

Post Number: 2
lol somebody hates the Red Sox.

Who is everybody's picks for the World Series?

I say Twins vs Reds with the Reds winning it all.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 2077
Yanks and Phillies rematch. Same result.

By the way, Jeter did not cheat. That's just gamesmanship in IMO. Umps gotta call um as they see um.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23478
^^^long time no see! How ya been?

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 2078
Been Doin' great Paul thanks! Satellite forum's not fun anymore so I just visit once in awhile.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16400
Elvis..yer stiil a punk I see,,,once a punk, always a punk...and a no brainer one at that

BTW.....Sox just did a SWEEP of the yanks,,..puts Rays 3 games ahead at least..

Sox w serious injuries all year except 4 games with their starters

Rays 1/4 salary of Yanks

Elvis...U peaked...no azzhole can speak anymore out their azz...

Go Rays!

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11959
See LK, this is why I don't like you. How did you sweep us? You've won 2 of the first 3 games. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not at all, but you haven't SWEPT us because the third game hasn't even been played. I mean come on. It's truly laughable at this point. The Rays have a 1 game lead right now. They lost today. If we win, we will be .5 game back. If we lose tonight, then it will be 1.5 games back. It's impossible to be 3 games back. Plus, the Rays have a $70 million payroll, the Yankees have a $210 million payroll. That would be 1/3. Wrong again LK. And why bother bringing up payroll when you're second in line and will more than likely miss the playoffs?

I mean wow LK. Come on. You're embarrassing Red Sox nation which needs no more embarrassing at this point.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11960
How'd that sweep go, LK?

Oh wait....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6429
"Elvis..yer stiil a punk I see,,,once a punk, always a punk...and a no brainer one at that"

WOW! What the f*ck are you on, LK. I know the Sox suck, but popping 20 Vicodin is no way to deal with the pain...

"BTW.....Sox just did a SWEEP of the yanks,,..puts Rays 3 games ahead at least.."

First of all, how do you "just [do] a sweep" of a team? Secondly, as Yanks pointed out, you're facts are wrong...again. Also, Notice how my ellipses don't look like this: ,,,.,,,.....,.,.,. You do know there is a rhyme and reason to them, don't you? After all, they are a grammatical function of the English language. Then again, you haven't seemed to master any facet of it, so carry on.

"Sox w serious injuries all year except 4 games with their starters"

What the f*ck does that even mean?! Maybe I should've saved my comment about your English ineptitude for this line. Jesus!

"Rays 1/4 salary of Yanks"

That was not only an incomplete sentence, but an incomplete thought. Once again, put the pill bottle down, it's going to be okay...

"Elvis...U peaked...no azzhole can speak anymore out their azz..."

You just did.

"Go Rays!
."

Go f*ck yourself!

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3562
Man is LK gettin PWNED.

I'd just stop if I were him.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23718
you guys can argue all you want but in the end the phillies will be on top. they are the best team in mlb right now. they got 3 elite pitchers vs 2 at the most by all the other teams. yankees got no chance this year unless CC pitches every single game.

i'm really disappointed with the dodgers this year. also i wish torre was coming back but he won't and i don't blame him. only bright side to this season is the padres are choking away their chance at post season.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4688
I agree Chad. I called Phillies vs. Rangers in the WS like a month ago, and I feel very confident in that prediction right now. I said Phillies would win, but man the Rangers look STRONG. No one is gonna talk about Cliff Lee cause of what Halladay did but Lee is a mother f@#$in BOSS. I think the Rangers will beat the Yankees handily in the ALCS, Cliff Lee will SHUT DOWN that Yankee lineup mark my words. As of now I'm really on the fence with who wins the WS assuming those two teams make it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4689
Chad I think Torre leaving will be a good thing. I think if you put him on a stacked, "been there" sort of team (Yankees, BoSox, Phils) he's great, but not on a young team trying to break thru. He's too lax. Same with Pinella, I think the Cubs will be better off as well.

If you're a dodgers fan you still have a lot to be excited about. Kemp should bounce back from a sluggish year, Andre Ethier is a stud, and Clayton Kershaw is the truth.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23721
yeah i feel good about dodgers future but we are still missing that one franchise player. they don't want to go out and spend the money. its stupid cause dodgers are right behind yankees and red sox when it comes to revenue. they got the money to go out and spend but are too cheap.

after seeing the first round its definately gonna be phillies vs rangers. its all about pitching. the giants did look pretty good but they just don't have the offense to get passed the phillies.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11967
LK has been oddly quiet lately...

*throwing logs on the fire to get it going again*

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23672
You miss the debates....admit it lol.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11968
I miss it as much the inner city misses Biggie and Tupac...or as much as Tiger misses being good at golf....or as much as Lindsay Lohan misses coccccaine....or as much as Paris Hilton misses being relevant in life...or as much as the Red Sox miss the playoffs...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23679
Lol.

MoreMoreMoreMoreMore

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4700
How do you feel about the Yanks/Rangers series so far Johnboi?

If I was a Yankee fan I think I'd be a tad worried. Outside of one miracle inning the Yankees have pretty much gotten dominated, and with Cliff Lee going in game 3 the Rangers are a heavy favorite IMO to go up 2-1. Plus CC "Cant Count on me" Sabbathia got shelled in his first start against the Rangers.

I picked the Rangers to go to the WS months ago, and I'm definitely sticking with it, but from that perspective, I'm worried also. If it weren't for that ridiculous disaster inning, the Rangers would have Cliff Lee taking the mound for a shot to go up 3-0!!!! They could have been ready to put a stranglehold on the series, but instead they're playing basically a must win with Lee on the mound.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11969
Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about how we have played. Both starters, CC and Phil, have looked miserable this series. If it wasn't for that 8th inning in game one, we'd be boned right now. I really do like the match up tonight with Lee vs. Pettite. I do think Texas has the upper hand tonight but as long as we can win 2 of 3 at home then we can definitely take one of the final two in Texas. We aren't sitting pretty by any stretch of the imagination but to say I'm upset about where we are, is a lie. I mean let's be serious, CC is about as solid as starters come so there's his one bad game of the post season and Phil's happened to come the next day as well. The odds of those two having bad games again are small, especially CC. I hope we don't see AJ starting though. If we win this game, I pray we start CC on short rest. If we lose this game, I pray we start CC on short rest. Did you catch on to how much I don't want AJ to start game four? Lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4701
CC is a choke artist!!!!!!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1862
Such a humiliating loss

Dammit Lee, why are you so good?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1863
And I still don't doubt the Yanks. Never did.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4702
It really is stupid, Skullz. Even I thought he was due for at least a little let down taking the mound in NYC tonight. I told my dad I thought he'd go 7 innings, 2 earned, 6 K's, which would still be a very good playoff start. But damn.

I think AJ starting tomorrow is the right move actually. If CC had been great in game 1 I'd say Girardi should really consider pitching him on short rest. But with the way he struggled I don't think it makes sense. Besides I think the Yankee lineup should go nuts against Tommy Hunter.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23724
i was anticipating a no hitter for lee yesterday. after his performance against the rays, i knew he would come out with fire yesterday. which he did. very impressive.

yankees just better hope this series doesn't go 7 games cause i think le will even shine more on the deciding game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23701
So who here thinks the Phillies are in jeopardy?

Juuuuust like the Yanks?

I mean how would a Ranger/Giants world series treat the fans?

Bang or bust?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1866
fug! Yanks are in deeeep sh!t. They better get their act together real quick.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23702
Agreed. Just like the Phillies. 2 scoreless games by the favorites in a row?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23725
i take my statement back that i made before about phillie winning it all.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23708
Can't put a finger on why Philly's offense has just tanked. Though not facing elimination tonight I feel they are in a must win situation. Take it from me, every Philly fan around here is in shock and denial.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4441
The Giants pitching is sik wid it, kid. ;) That's why their offense is not doing so well.

Go Giants!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1868
Woohooo! thats the Yanks that we need!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5826
Yeah lol facing Timmy, then Cain (when he is on) is not fun. And tonight Madison has the ball. He was lights out in September and is a prospected superstar. The Phillies are in huge trouble, but they have the bats to turn this thing around in a hurry.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11971
Thank God it goes for another day for us. We finally looked as if we wanted to keep playing baseball this year. Hell, Yankee Stadium was even classic Yankee Stadium and the fans weren't half asleep during it. It's been an embarrassing series but we're still fighting at least.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23712
Phillies are indeed in trouble tonight. Look what a few wild pitches did in the 1st. Should the night go to SF I don't see the next 3 games going to Philly, not with one more still in SF.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23726
game time. can phillies hang on and extend the series or is lincecum gonna shut the door on the phillies?

halladay vs lincecum on a very improtant game for both. what a game its gonna be.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4449
Lincecum just needs to go out and do his thing. Halladay has had trouble with the Giants every game he pitched against them this year. I expect him to do better, and it's gonna be a helluva game!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23720
Yeah. My son's psychological well being is depending on it lol.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4450
Oh, I forgot.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23727
1-0 giants.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23721
3-2 Phillies.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3570
32-24 Astros

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1872
haha.. Phillies are back!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23724
My son will be electric when I tell him in the morning lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1873
Aww man, you should have been a bad dad and let him watch it

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4451
I wonder how many teams have come back to win a series from a 3 game deficit?

I wouldn't say they are back in the least. Lincecum had a bad outing and the Giants made some bad defensive plays. Phillies still gotta win 2 more in a row, Giants still only need one. =D

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23727
Well I'm not a Philly fan but my son is. He takes it to heart when he sees his team lose. While he's in bed watching a movie to put him to sleep we "talk" to each other using a pair of miniature walkie talkies. My job is to update him of any scoring changes.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23728
in baseball its easy to win or lose many games straight in a playoff series.

i said on facebook before giants and phillies game 4 that i had a feeling giants will win that game and lose the next 3 after resulting in phillies winning the series. lets see what happens.

i also said i have a funny feeling the yankees will win the series too. lol. my feelings are always certain. lets hope not in this case for both teams cause i want to see giants and rangers in the world series.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4452
10 out of 70 teams have come back to win a series in the baseball playoffs. The odds are really stacked against them but it's not impossible.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23730
Well you can bet in Philly they believe again. It gets tiring living here lol. I mean in this city you're only a fan when your team wins. Be it the Eagles or Phillies. They about gave up with 3 games to go. Historically Philadelphia fans jump off the wagon quicker than they jump on.

I mean seriously, loyalty and support even through tough times makes a fan. ANYONE can scream in support and victory when their team wins. It's how you treat your losses that dictates your intent/love for the game.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1876
Yanks r fcked

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23741
Not watching. I'm guessing they're down?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1877
Not down. They are gone.

I dunno what you guys think but I really think they made some extremely stupid decisions this series.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4704

quote:

While he's in bed watching a movie to put him to sleep we "talk" to each other using a pair of miniature walkie talkies. My job is to update him of any scoring changes.

That is the most adorable f@#$ing thing I've ever heard.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1878
lol i agree

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23746
We have a game fellas. Bottom of the 4th and we already had a bench clearing and a tie score. Boy is psyched.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23748
My boy is crushed. He wants to die.

Rangers VS. Giants peeps.

Deal with it lol.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11973
All I want for Christmas this year is Cliff Lee, Carl Crawford, and a new manager.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5828
Lowest. Ratings.Ever.

While I like Bochy because he managed and played for my Padres, and I greatly admire and respect Nolan Ryan, this is the fist World Series in recent memory that I have very little interest in watching. I am usually still in "baseball mode" this time of year but for some reason I am 100% football right now, and baseball is my favorite sport. I will tune in for the opening ceremonies and a couple innings, but after that I will be in "what-else-is-on" mode.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23757
And you can be sure the league is sniffling a bit as well. I can only imagine the $$ they make per game between ticket sales and tv ad $$. Still though, I feel all warm inside for Ranger fans who usually spend October on the other side of the fence.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4456
It may be the lowest rated series ever....maybe. I don't think the fans of the teams care about the ratings though. :P Only people that do care are baseball exec's, FOX and people who aren't fans of the teams.

I honestly don't know how the ratings will be, Texas and Cali are the 2 most populous states. MLB tv ratings as a whole is down. St. Louis Cardinals had the highest tv ratings of all teams and knocked Boston out of the top spot down to 4th. Giants were only 2 spots behind the Yankees in the tv ratings. Texas was way down there though. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23730
lets face it. baseball playoffs and world series ratings were dropping every year. but this year when alcs and nlcs ratings went up when the giants and rangers were leading it.

the world series ratings will be fine with the california and texas viewers.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5829
All good points guys, but the bottom line is the international viewers who tune in. I am not sure either of these teams have ANY draw internationally at all like the Yankees, Dodgers and Mariners (Ichiro).

You couldn't have picked two more obscure teams to meet in the WS. I tried to sit here and think about who I want to win and I came to the conclusion that I just don't fucking care, at all. And down here we don't really consider the Giants our other California team to root for, we hate them almost as much as the Dodgers. So it's not like: "win one for Cali guys!". It's the Padres, then the Angels, then MAYBE the A's -- then pure hatred.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5830
And for Chad and Gus

Upload

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4706
And you call yourselves baseball fans. I'm ashamed of you guys. Especially you Brad. You love baseball too damn much to talk like that.

I'm pumped about the WS. Who gives a sh!t about the ratings. The Rangers are ridiculously STACKED imo. They aren't a team on a crazy hot streak. Look at their lineup and tell me they aren't f@$#ing loaded. Then they've got a one two three of Cliff Lee, CJ Wilson, and Colby Lewis? Ridiculous.

The Giants I'll agree are an overachieving team that just kinda got hot. But I'm still excited to see their crazy-talented young pitchers throw in the WS. Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, awesome.

Rangers in 5.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11976
I honestly do not care one bit about this World Series. I'm sorry but this is about to be one of the worst World Series for the ratings. I'm not taking one ounce away from the Rangers or Giants because they both deserve this because they outplayed both the Yankees and Phillies but this World Series is meaningless and irrelevant for most MLB fans. People always say "it'd be nice to see new teams in the World Series" but lets' be serious, they will watch a few innings, realize they don't know but maybe 6 players total between the two teams and say well this sucks not being able to watch A-Rod, Jeter, Howard, Utley, Crawford, Pujols, or any other big named MLB star who plays on a high profile team. This year they get to watch.....Cliff Lee, Josh Hamilton, and Tim Lincecum. Who's going to fill the gaps between when they aren't pitching or batting? No one is as upset at how the World Series match up ended up being than FOX.

I won't watch one second of this World Series or even pay attention to how it plays out. Not because I'm bitter the Yankees aren't in it, but because I have zero interest in who wins between those two franchises.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5832
LOL that's what makes baseball fun! I didn't mean I hate every other team in baseball, just those Cali teams. If you don't choose sides and care who wins, what's the point? And every city/state/region has their heated rivalries... you telling me you don't hate the Cards when they are playing your Cubs? Or the Yankees or Twins when they are playing your Sox? Puhlease.

And out here, when the Raiders come play us, or the Chargers go to Oakland, shit goes down son, and people have died. Same with some Padres/Dodger games... Chad knows. Retarded, yes, but that just shows you how serious some rivalries are. You think New York and Philly fans are tough? Neither would want to tangle with an angry SD/Oakland crowd. A lot of those dudes look like they get out of prison just for the games.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23731
i am rooting for the rangers of course. i hate the giants with a passion.

lol brad nice pic. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23732
we shall see the ratings when the series starts. they project a higher rating than last year's yankees and phillies.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4707

quote:

shit goes down son, and people have died.

Can't... stop... laughing.... bahahahahah

You guys honestly have a totally different mentality from me. I am rooting for the Rangers, because I picked them to make the WS like two months ago, and they happen to have a couple guys I really like. But, I don't REALLY care who wins in this series, and I'm still looking forward to it.

If a Chicago team is in the playoffs of course it's that much more intense. And if a rivalry is involved (F@#$ the Twins. F@#$ the Vikings. And F@#$ the Packers.), that's cool too. But those things aren't requirements for me.

John, maybe being a Yankee fan has jaded you. It's not about the superstars to me, honestly. And you're underestimating the level of stardom in this series anyway, especially on the Rangers' side.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23760

quote:

I won't watch one second of this World Series or even pay attention to how it plays out. Not because I'm bitter the Yankees aren't in it, but because I have zero interest in who wins between those two franchises.

Yanks. For someone who loves the game, you can't mean that. You HAVE to love it win or lose. That's true for any game.

If you're just a fan when you win then what are you to the sport?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11977
It might not be a big deal to you but to the world, it is. You gotta remember that a lot of the people who do watch the World Series are your casual baseball fan who WANT to see the big names play in the big game, not what the no names will do.

Let's not get carried away though with the "level of stardom" the teams have...They are solid teams but come on Ehren, let's relax on the hype a little bit lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4708
Bout time this thread got going again!!

Johnboi, no argument with what the ratings will be. You're 100% right, the ratings will be relatively lower for this WS as opposed to say Yankees/Phillies, because the big names bring in less dedicated fans. The thing I'm a little surprised with is you guys saying you aren't really interested in watching, when I'm pretty sure you are pretty dedicated fans (you participate in baseball discussions, you play fantasy baseball etc.)

quote:

Let's not get carried away though with the "level of stardom" the teams have...They are solid teams but come on Ehren, let's relax on the hype a little bit lol.

It seems to me that maybe you think the Yankees are the best team, but they just lost to a hotter team, or caught some bad breaks or something, rather than the Rangers just being plain better. I'm telling you right now, the Rangers are just plain better. I'll give the Yankees the bullpen, but the Rangers' lineup is every bit as stacked, and their starting rotation is easily better IMO.

Give em' a couple years, I'm telling you, they aren't a one season wonder, this is merely the first wondrous season.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11978
Thank God we have a new debate lol.

I'm a dedicated baseball fan. I love it. But I think we both aren't fully understand where each other is coming from with this.

Being an avid baseball fan, I know how good the Rangers are. They waxed us in the ALCS. They deserve to represent the AL in the World Series. The Yankees got cold in September and that followed them right into the playoffs. Personally I blame Girardi but that's a whole other debate in itself lol.

But for this debate right here, all I'm saying is that people say they want to see new teams but they don't. The average Joe who watches baseball can't name players in this World Series once we get past Hamilton, Lee, Kinsler, and Lincecum. The "secondary" stars of this World Series is what FOX and CASUAL baseball fans are going to miss. For us being avid baseball fans, we can appreciate the talent on both sides because we can name the entire starting line up, half the bullpen, and the starting pitching for both sides. Without the big name players like I mentioned in my previous post, the viewing isn't going to be there and I know you agree. I think you were mistaken in what you thought we were debating.

But to take it another level, I agree with Brad. I seriously could not sit down and think of two more irrelevant franchises to be in the World Series. I'm happy for both teams but let's cut the politically correct babble here and both admit that this World Series is about to be lame-sauce for the viewers. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Also to argue the whole Yankees vs Rangers debate, I won't even attempt to say we deserved to win because we didn't. We played terrible baseball. No aspect of that series was good for us. The pitching, the hitting, the bullpen, the managing....just the all around feel and effort by everyone was embarrassing. We didn't deserve it. Texas was the better team hands down. I do feel it was a bit that they were hot and we were cold but even that can't cover how poorly we played. Honestly, I don't know how we managed to win 2 games that series. We deserve to have got swept. My general feeling is I hope we go through and clean house. I want Girardi out. I've never liked him. This might sound bad but his managerial career so far with the Yankees isn't good. In three years he has missed the playoffs, won the East and the World Series, and took a team who should have won the East and blew that in the last month only to have us go into the playoffs cold and lose in a very embarrassing manner in the ALCS. With the money we have dumped into that team and with the players we have, there is NO excuse to not have two World Series appearances and two AL East division titles. Welcome to the enjoyment of managing the Yankees. Don't f-ck up.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4461
Wow.....what a game 1. Polar opposite of what was expected.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4716
I must admit I didn't watch every pitch because I was also keeping an eye on the Bulls' season opener, but like Jesse said, WHAT A GAME. I'm sticking with the Rangers, but I'd be lying if I said I still thought it'd be in 5.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4720
I must admit, this series hasn't played out AT ALL like I thought it would so far.

The Rangers have their work cut out for them to say the least. This is the world series guys, hit the f@#$ing ball.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4462
The Giants pitching is the #1 reason they are here and it's the reason Texas is having a helluva time hitting the ball.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4463
Giants are World Series Champs! I've waited my whole life for this!! I grew up a baseball player and acting like Will Clark. None of my teams ever win anything so this is sweet for me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23802
Celebrate wisely bud. Props to the Giant's pitching.

To the victor goes the spoils.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4721
Congrats to the Giants!!! Go nuts Jesse!!!

The Rangers just weren't right this series, I'm curious to hear what they say about the series in the coming weeks. A lot of Texas sportswriters are speculating that they may have taken their loose, "have fun" mentality too far, and kinda lost their edge. Certainly not taking anything away from the Giants, but the Rangers' lineup just looked fooled most of the series. I mean, Madison Bumgarner? 8 innings of 3 hit, shutout ball, against a stacked AL lineup? With all due respect to the kid (who pitched great), that's just ridiculous. The Rangers should be, and I'm sure will be, just ashamed at the way they choked this series away.

Meanwhile the Giants lineup was the opposite, clutch all the way. Scoring 29 runs in 5 games despite facing Cliff Lee twice, AND the Rangers getting great outings from Wilson and Lewis. Annihilated the Rangers' bullpen the whole way.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11988
Congrats to the Giants. Great young team they have out there.

I watched one inning at a bar which was one more than I wanted to watch but seriously though, congrats to the Giants and the Giants fans here (Jesse and....no one?).

Now the fun begins shortly with the off season.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11989
Ouch
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5753718

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1899
And on top of that

"Rangers CEO sorry for Yankees fan rant"

http://www.mlbsportsdaily.com/mlb-baseball/rangers-ceo-sorry-for-yankees-fan-ran t-ap.html

LOL

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4464
"Ouch
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5753718"

It did match the lowest watched WS with the Phillies and Rays series a few years ago. Baseball as a whole is down and the NFL is just a beast. Being that you care so much about the ratings, maybe you could have tuned in to help out. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23734
baseball rating is down period. the lack of home runs just makes it boring. yes its cool to watch a pitcher do well sometimes but lets face it, its the home runs that people want to see. let the players juice up again.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4750
Glad to see they actually got the AL Cy Young right this season. I'm kind of shocked I thought there was no way they would give it to Felix, but kudos to the voters cause he was easily the best pitcher in the AL this season. Maybe there is still a glimmer of hope that the MLB can get these awards right more consistently. Then again, they still managed to completely blow the AL gold glove at shortstop this season.... what a joke. Elvis Andrus, Alexei Ramirez, others, you've been robbed.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1937
Seems like Lee will be coming to the Yanks. 7 years and 140+ mil should do the trick lol. Heck, it better do the trick. I don't know if its a desperate move for 7 years or a smart one but fact is Lee is fcking amazing. Let's hope yanks can win multiple WS investing this much.
On a side note, I hope Petite continues and doesn't retire. I heard on radio that he wanted to spend time with his family. All the best to him. Hope to see him pitch again.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4769
The Yankees better sign Cliff Lee, because the Red Sox are not f@#$ing around next season. They signed Adrian Gonzalez, AND Carl Crawford??? Are you kidding me? They really needed to make a big move or two, and they made a couple great ones IMO. With that said, I still hate Boston and I hope they go 0-162.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1940
arghhh...Lee to the Phillies. Either way you put it, Yanks are FUCKED!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us