Neon inside the car

Username: Walkebra000

Indiana US

Post Number: 6
anyone know what neon colors are iligal to have inside of your car when your driving in Indianapolis, Indiana?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3305
that is a horrible question. call your local police station. seriously.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24010
Neon is illegal in most states while driving installed inside the car or out. It says so right on the side of the package.

It is intended for "show" purposes only.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5482
Whaat? You can't even have neon inside the car now? What gives?

Oh well, too ghetto for my car. But lame that it's illegal...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3590
In NC you can't have blue or red but any other colors are fine. I'm pretty sure thats how it is in most states. Use google though.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24015
I meant while driving Jexx. Parked, I suppose you can have neon anywhere you wish.

I'm no authority on it but just laid down my opinion. Like Capps mentioned you'd have to look it up.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 993
In Pa you just cant have them on while driving, Regardless of color. Then again theres not to much in this state that you can do anymore.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5483
I mean even while driving that is still pretty ridiculous

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24018
Well I suppose but anything that's a distraction will raise a red flag. My truck failed inspection one year because the attendant said my headlights had a slightly bluish tint. Another year I failed because the pressure was a tad low in my right rear tire.

States are fucked up today.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1350
Here in Va you can have them on, but only parked. They can't be on at all while the car is in motion.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5484
headlights had a blueish tint?? that's ridiculous! Some headlights are like that from the factory...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24023
It's also completely random. I've seen clunkers pass through that had bumpers held on with duct tape without issue that I wouldn't drive if ya paid me to. I've also seen brand new vehicles fail because of minute BS things. On busy days they will only test every 3rd car or so, letting the others wiz on through the line to speed things up.

Mind you this is years AFTER the state inspections were privatized.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1312
"Another year I failed because the pressure was a tad low in my right rear tire."

Oh man im glad i dont live in your state lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16169
yeah thats downright stupid

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 995
They can fail you for a number of things here in Pa. Most of the time it comes down to the person doing the inspection. I no here that they can technally fail you for your windows being to dark(tint),mixing different brand wiper blades,and mixing different brand of tires. Its really retarded an most mechanics never check that stuff,but... they can.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24030
Yeah Jersey is pretty bad. I do hear though that it won't be too long before they eliminate almost all of the inspection procedure for newer vehicles. We have 3 year inspections now for 2006 and newer cars I believe. Mind you your registration fees are still going to be annual though. THAT'S huge if you consider that those fees are supposed to fund the DMV. It's like when they implemented one way tolls across the bridges into PA. On paper it's a smart system saving $$ right? Then why do they still increase the tolls almost every 5 years? We're about to see $5 bridge tolls here. To a commuter/salesman it adds up.

Just where does the $$ go? On average 150,000 people cross the Walt Whitman bridge every day. One of like 4 in the area. X $5/car= $750,000/day. X 365=$273,750,000.........per bridge per year!!

Seeing as it cost $90,000,000 in 1957 to build compounded by inflation and even maintenance it's a cash cow anyone can see.

The DMV is no different. Find ways to decrease expenses while simultaneously increasing fees to the public who has no choice.

K I'm done now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us