What is a good sound card with optical outs and optical ins

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14295
i want a high signal to noise this is for a home theater type setup that i want to connect to my denon home theater receiver and then out to my home speakers and not some stupid pc speakers

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14302
so far im looking at the

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium 7.1 Sound Card for 90 bucks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14303
its also got to be pci x1

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5758
Turtle Beach Montego:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118109

Creative sucks all sorts of ass, Overpriced, iffy quality control, system conflicts, crap drivers and massive amounts of bloatware are a few of their failures. Once you install a Creative product, best of luck getting everything off your comp. It is nearly impossible even after direct calls to customer service. They are worse than Norton/Shitmantec, and that is saying something. Trust me, steer far clear of Creative. The only time I would ever install one is if I didn't like someone. I have a small box full of various models and nobody even wants them -- for free...

Read the NewEgg comments about which drivers these guys used for the TB and where they got them. Audio card drivers are notoriously bad, by the way, because they are generally pretty old and rarely updated. Windows 7 threw a huge wrench into the equation though, and literally forced some companies to finally update or use a third-party hotfix. Turtle Beach = great company, great technology, great value.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14305
thanks for the help but I broke out my newer pc the hp thunderbird 802 and it has more than i thought it had (optical out) so i can go out to my optical in on my denon home theater receiver and to my athena surrround sound speakers so the problem should be fixed since its a gaming pc and should have a decent sound unit built in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us