Tire Blowout!!

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1836
Not happy about it. The tire only had about 10k miles on it.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 869
I worked in tires for 5 1/2 years. Being the passenger rear I'm guessing you may have had a leak and not known it. The passenger rear is the most common tire to get a leak. When a tire gets low on air, overtime the sidewall heats up for over flexing so much and evenly a belt in the tires, or multiple belts, fail and you have a tire explosion. Tires expand as they heat up so that added pressure internally and externally from the car on the road results in a big boom.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14257
This tire is not blow on side wall but lose the sole which look like a defective tire!

Same thing happened with Firestone tires on Ford Explorer!

Username: Sunnys123

Post Number: 1
I think i need to completely throw out my useless expensive materials first of all and believe that its for the best of my pocket. Then for sure get the best and most economical ones. Thanks for making me aware.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22954
^^^WTF?

That sucks Mark. The tire looks like a racing slick in the last pic. Nobody hurt though right?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8101
Wow, thru the tread right off. I almost got hit by a recap/tread about 2yrs ago from a bread truck. Scared the chit out of me.

I had a blowout on I-20 on the way back from Shreveport at 10pm about 2 weeks ago. At least it didn't mess my truck up, just ripped the tire up. It must have been damaged from the a few weeks before, had a leaking valve stim replaced, shop said the tire was fine though?

Fvkn people don't know to change to the inside lane when you see a car on the shoulder w/ caution lights flashing. They just come flying on past in the outside lane...not another car for a mile, left lane wide open. Hell, even semi-trucks didn't change lanes while I was changing the tire....and damit if it wasn't the drivers side rear. 8-10ft from 70+mph traffic

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22956
As a cyclist you learn to stay away from trucks on the freeways. I've read horror stories about guys being blown right of their bike right next to a truck blowout. The force is incredible. Not to mention even if you don't dump the bike you're still being bombarded by steel belted shrapnel and rubber shot at you with the force almost equal to a shotgun.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23650
didn't they have that on mythbusters paul?

and holy crap you are almost caught up on post count. time for me to get to work again.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1837
Only thing that got hurt was the car. Fucked up the wheel well pretty good. Might need to get a new bumper too. The paint won't last very long the way it bent it up when it blew. But just for now I want to make it look decent, so what's the trick to getting rubber off of paint? My dad said to rub it down with gas and then wax it really fast, but I'm not sure about that.

Is this a common problem with Cooper tires?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22961
Yes be cautious when using petroleum products on painted surfaces. Goof off works wonders but you HAVE to be quick. It can take the finish off as well. I used it when I drove through a freshly laid patch of asphalt that stuck to my car's paint. I got it off without permanent damage though.

I didn't see that episode Chad but I've been riding for 20+ years and seen some scary chit. I just simply know NOT to ghost ride next to any big rig. Not only can't they see you but you are in the danger zone.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1838

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8105
Paul,
What kind of bike do you own?

And as a secondary question....
If Harley Davidson made a plane, would you ride in it?
(my boss rides a Harley, and I already asked him this...answer was pretty much **** no, lol)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22964
I've owned and loved a 1972 Honda CB350 (dad's bike I learned on), 1984 Honda Magna, and a Suzuki 1400 Intruder.

I only have pics of 2 of them.

Upload
Upload

Pic of the mag isn't mine but the bike I had. God I miss her. Smoothest 4 cylinder bike made of the time.

The intruder pic is mine and took me down to Virginia beach. That was a blast!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1219
Gas will probably take the paint off, But since the bumper is fucked already might as well try lol.. Go to autozone there might be something there you can use with out causing more harm to the paint.

Thats the thing about new cars everything is made out of fiberglass so something like a tire blowout caused alot of damage.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 874
Hard to believe the new 2011 v6 mustangs are going to have 305 HP and get 31 MPG.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22967
I'll get scorned for this but I wouldn't own a Harley to ride. One would look nice in the garage but they never appealed to me. The company has come a long ways but I always see a Harley as a heavy, problematic, expensive extension of one's need for too much chrome and annoyingly loud pipes. Sure it's an image and one many Americans are fond of. I just grew loving to ride because of the ride. The smooth, respectably firm sound of a well balanced and tuned machine just sounds soooo much better than a gurgling, coughing elephant that's waiting to break down again. Some times at stop lights it amazes me they don't stall with such an inconsistent idle they are famous for. Like I said they make better bikes today but I can't get it out of my head.

IMO Honda will always be my flagship cycle manufacturer. They make so many things well it's not funny. Bikes, generators, ATVs, lawn mowers, ect.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1839
My sister and her boyfriend came over tonight to drink some beers and hang out. He asked me about the system in my car and he said he had a dB meter app on his Droid and he wanted to see what my system could do. I've never metered my car before, but I was guessing in the mid 130's. Not sure how accurate the meter on his phone is, but I peaked at 140.9 with the phone sitting on the dash, doors closed and windows up. With the doors open I was only hitting a 128 something. I couldn't believe it because it doesn't sound that loud to me (any more).

For those who don't know me or my install, here it is. Only change is the HU. I'm running a Pioneer DEH-P6500 now that my 780MP is out of commission at the moment.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/383236.html

Side note: Honda ATV's FTMFW!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us