Archive through March 21, 2010

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3892
Is the affliction card on PPV or what? I wanna watch!

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1178
"Also, 2 more weeks until UFC 100, I don't even care about the 4th of July anymore because of it haha, that's sad. "

x2!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3893
How about some predictions?

I think GSP will own Alves. Not that it'll be an upset or anything, but I don't think this will be the matchup people expect. I say it's REALLY one-sided.

Jon Jones scores the KO of the night.

In the main event, my heart says Mir, but my head says Lesnar. Just too much roided up freakishness for Mir to overcome. Hope I'm wrong though. I find it hilarious that Lesnar is upset that he isn't the undisputed champ... what a joke... he got a title shot with a 2-1 record with 1 quality win... if he wasn't so hyped he would still be trying to work is way up the rankings for a shot like everyone else has to.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3498
Lesnar got a title shot before most could do. , but this guy is not you run of the mill rookie. He might be a lil green, but there is NOTHING normal about this mongaloid.Mir better hope to catch Lesnar making another rookie mistake, otherwise he's toast. !st round TKO-- Maybe 2nd, but I doubt it. I don't see why everyone wants Lesnar to fail... He is dedicated and gifted. I wnat to see him get a good as he can and keep learning... Then throw him in with Fedor. If CroCop gets back to his old self, I see the possibility for Lesnar to be beat. It is gonna take a superb striker like CroCop to put him
to sleep.

GSP will no doubt put Alves out of his misery. .

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1181
i can't gurantee this but i heard from someone that crocop is not longer with Dana..something about him getting a contract with someone else...i am not sure nor do i have anything to really back this up...jus something i hrd from a friend..any1 got info on this if its tru or not?

i agree wit u Mark..i dunno why a lot of ppl are bashing Lesnar....he is talented and works hard. I would really like for him to go very far - especially for that fact that he is still very young/new and has title

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3896
Bashing Lesnar!?!? Guess it depends who you hear from cause all I see is people jumping on the bandwagon. I don't know anyone who thinks Mir is gonna win this fight.

I'm definitely not bashing Lesnar... He's a beast. Heath Herring and The Natural are both quality opponents, and he beat 'em. All I'm saying is he for sure didn't earn a title shot the way most have to. His preexisting fame and notoriety played a huge role. There are guys who start out with a dozen or more professional wins, with no losses, and don't get title shots. He got it because the UFC needed some hype, especially in the heavyweight division where it's largely believed that the best fighter (fedor) is not in the UFC. I'm not saying he isn't worthy. If he had to go about it like everyone else he would've mopped the floors with most/all of the UFC's heavyweight division anyway. I just laugh when he acts like a victim like he gets no credit or something cause Mir has the interim title.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1182
In the end it all comes down to business...whatever makes the most $$$

Username: Ricocossan

Post Number: 6
Your mother sure made alot of money here last night on her knees

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9382
HOLY SH1T IM SO EXCITED I COULD NOT SLEEP BECAUSE OF UFC 100!!!! I AM SO EXCITED 'N SH IT LOOK AT THIS TEXT WOW BY THE WAY YOU LOSERZ, THERE BE FREE SLURPEES 2DAY AT SEVEN-LEVEN! GET THA HOOGUP

:-)

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1194
really? why?

i dunno if i should pay the $55 to watch it lol...recession

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3907
Lesnar is such a chemically enhanced piece of sh!t, I f@#$ing hate him.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1195
^^^ why do you hate him? i don't get it...wtf does everyone hate him for? cause he is new and beating the sh!t outta everyone? or is it coz of his ego? if its his ego....the fans made him like that.

I'm very glad he won the way he did and didn't give a fak about the audience...seriously wtf wit ppl not liking him?plz explain.

Anyway it was a great night. I din't see fitch fight but will catch up on it tomorrow. Dan rocked Bisping and GSP owned Alvez. should have paid for it tho rather than watchin live stream

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6525
yeah i watched the fight last night and it was a good show, bisping got slayed.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3908

quote:

if its his ego....the fans made him like that.

What do you mean by that? More like years of PEDs made him like that.

quote:

seriously wtf wit ppl not liking him?plz explain.

Virtually all fighters have some cockiness in them, fine. Virtually all fighters talk a little trash leading up to the fight to help promote it, fine. Lesnar emits a true arrogance in my opinion. And it was blatant as ever after the Mir fight.

Even when two guys hate each other going into a fight, they usually have enough respect for the sport to shake their opponents hand or bow afterwards. Lesnar chose to get in Mir's face and scream at him and show him up unnecessarily when his corner was picking him up, bloodied and battered. THAT was when the crowd started to boo him, deservedly so. And in his supreme arrogance, the thought that maybe he crossed the line, didn't cross his mind. Instead he stuck his middle fingers to the crowd and gave an obnoxiously boastful post-fight speech.

Better question, why WOULD people like him? He's an incredibly one-dimensional fighter at this point, and common sense tells you that if it weren't for his massive steroid-created body, he wouldn't even be able to compete in the sport.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3576
Bisping swallowed his fu<king tongue... I LOL'ed.

Granted In the WWE Steroids were abused, but
He was a mongoloid waterhead even when he was in college. Genetics is to blame. Any effects of the roids would have wore off years ago, and his body will pay the price in one way or another. He is a pure athlete and is dedicated to MMA and I welcome him to a week (but getting better) HW class. He will only get better. FU<K MIR... That pr!ck is so cocky and smug it is rediculus. He got lucky and caught an inexperienced fighter while he was getting pummeled. That I don't have a problem with. It was the comments that he made about saying that Brock could not be a good fighter and doesn't belong in the cage. WAKE THE FU<K UP MIR!! All you seen in the fight was a big tattoo swollowing up what looked like a midget. I did notice that Brock was dropping his hands during the standup and I can see that will be the reason he eventually loses. It will take a Great striker to beat him.. Or a lucky Sub. If he is fighting a great BJJ fighter, it will be hard to beat Brock if he utitizies the same gameplan as he did with mir. As for Brocks attitude. I know that they all have to be confident and a lil cocky. If this fight was with anyone else other than Mir, I would have been offended. Mir played the "I BEAT BROCK" card too hard and said some offending things that he knew was not accurate. And Brock took it to heart.Mir payed the price. There was absolutely NO WAY Brock would have lost that fight. He was too ready... Thanks to MIR's mouth. Look at Brocks sportsmanship when he beat Couture. He was gracefull and showed great sportsmanship.. I expect that will be the case in the future. Give him a couple more years and he'll be ready for Fedor. Any sooner the he will have a problem, and later then Fedor will be washed up or past his prime. I don't mind the Brock haters. They paid me $200 bucks last night..lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3578
LOL Pit. Looks like we were writing our books at the same time.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3909

quote:

He was a mongoloid waterhead even when he was in college. Genetics is to blame. Any effects of the roids would have wore off years ago

I'm glad you said that. There is a difference between a genetic freak, and a PED freak. Brock is obviously the latter. If you met Frank Mir in person, you'd be like "holy sh!t this dude is a stud", 6'3", 245lbs of highly conditioned/skilled athlete. And yet, standing next to Brock, he looks like he hasn't hit puberty yet.

Brock was a stud college wrestler, no argument there. But then he went to pro wrestling, where it's common knowledge that the overwhelming majority of the athletes are on PEDs. And Mark, it sounds like you're assuming that he isn't taking PEDs anymore. My money would bet that he absolutely is. The testing policies aren't nearly as evolved in MMA as they are in pro baseball for example, and guys still manage to take them there. They're always a couple steps ahead of the testing, there's always new ways to mask the drugs, or new drugs that get past the tests.

Don't tell me he's a genetic freak. Most pro athletes have exceptional genetics, but you can usually tell the difference between guys who work hard and have great genetics, versus the guys who clearly have unnatural, freakish proportions.

How you think Frank Mir is more cocky and smug than Lesnar is beyond me. He hyped the fight, he put on for the fans. HOWEVER, when fight time came, and it was time for reality to set in, what did he do? He stuck out his gloves like a class act to show good sportsmanship. Brock turned his back without touching gloves... and then put on a disgraceful display of unprofessionalism after the fight.

I just think the guy is an idiot, and a sideshow, and I don't understand why anyone would like him. He's not a very skilled or versatile MMA fighter. I don't think he'll stand the test of time. He'll get caught. Kongo or Cro Cop or some other schmuck will knock him the f@#$ out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3579
For Starters Mir has NEVER showed an ounce of class or sportsmanship. Just because he stuck his gloves out doesn't change that. And Lesnar (with the exception of his confidence-which they all have) has never been unsportsmanlike like until this fight(interviews or fights) You gotta put yourself in his shoes, he is training everyday with his trainers always keeping the focus on his lose to mir. and them telling him what mir says over and over ond over while he's doing whatever exercise. He was fired up and he was giving MIR what he got from MIR..... NO RESPECT!! While he was jacked up he flipped off the people who were hatin'. Trust me, He signed autographs for his fans, He went to his after party to celebrate with the people who like him.. If I just won an easy fight and made it look easy(which I assure you was part of the boo's) and I was hearing boo's, there is no telling what I would do if I was that pumped. I go with a guys track record rather than a single instance when judging class in an athlete. I foresee him going back to his usual shaking hands/touching gloves/hugs after a fight,ect.. so long as he is being respected by his opponent.. Since day one people has written him off as a fighter due to lack of experience and his past as a Pro Wrestler. He hears it constantly. After putting everything he has into trying to excel in a new sport to be able to compete and some die hard MMA fans don't want to take him seriously and say he is a fad and won't last, well although there is no guarantee that he will last due to possible injuries, i am positive that he is in it for the long haul... He may seem one dimensional, but his stand up is comparable to couture's as he got the better of couture during their stand up's. He definitely is a GNP guy. . I mean he controlled Mir's body with one watermelon sized hand. Easily . There are many successful gnp oriented fighters. That don't make em and worse or less successful. I do agree that Crocop has the best chance to beat him and I don't want to see that fight.... First I want to see Crocop back to his usual self like he claims to be.. I would be torn on that fight. Lesnar don't make the GNP look as good as say,ohhhhh tito, lawaso, hughs, ect because he is so huge and it looks like there is nothing on his shots, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective.. He needs to work a lot more on his stand up if he wants to be champ for any length of time. . And the dude moves like a middleweight..

As for the roids. well having a 265# weight limit and most anabolic roids wouldn't work well for him... He admitted that they were a problem in
WWE. He quit them before he left WWE and has not used since, and every test has proved it. I see no reason for him to lie. Naturally or roided up there is no one in the UFC that can match his strength. as of now.. I've done 3 cycles in the past for my sport(armwrestling), but I assure you, they are not helping me right now.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9387
Haha Mark, not all steroids are to put on pure mass. Anyhow, you'd have to eat in order to gain quality mass. I'm saddened that you've done cycles by the way, oh well.

Gold Member

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3629
lol... I am aware that not all steriods are for mass, I took Winstrol V which was a cutter. There is no way I can glorify using them, but I was competeing in about 10-12 Armwrestling tourneys / year including Nats and Worlds. There was no testing and there was no way to keep up with the users w/o doing it yourself. At that time I ate, sleep, sh!t armwrestling and would probably do it again if I were in the same situation.

ohhh btw, all UFC 100 fighters tested negitive .

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/18/953469/all-ufc-100-fighters-are-drug-free

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9388
Haha, what about Hermes Franca and Sean Sherk =/

There are ways around the tests though. I'm not saying they all do it but when you hear about one being busted it's not surprising but disappointing.

Just look at what happened with dumb azz Josh Barnett.

Fuckk this Ecoustics language filter too.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1205
embarassing night for Griffin. Great win for Anderson.
Amir fight was completely fugged up. I think thats the same ref dat messed up with mostapha last time too. .

I don't like bj peen - but was an ok win for him - considering he reallly toned up for this match.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2908
too bad Couture didn't take it... he looked to be in awesome shape. he's still ripped lol. can't say i've seen anybody at 46 look that good. truly an inspirational athlete.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1216
x2.

SOOO whts ur guys thoughts about machida and shogun? lol this will be interesting

Gold Member

Post Number: 3780
I have no problem putting my money on Machida.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/blog/exclusive-mir-talks-the-spiders-challenge-19353

/discuss

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9402
Lol, I see Pit hasn't been back to his thread. His prediction about Forrest was hilarious, where is Forrest Griffin crying at now Pit?

On Machida Vs Shogun: Shogun should be called Sh1tgun because he's terrible these days, Machida will make quick work out of him.

UFC103 looks like it's going to suck a fat one. I don't care for Rich Franklin at all and Vitor is just mediocre. Bringing back Frank Trigg? Give me a f'in break.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3933

quote:

Lol, I see Pit hasn't been back to his thread. His prediction about Forrest was hilarious, where is Forrest Griffin crying at now Pit?

I've posted like a million times in this thread since we had that conversation... are you trying to imply that I've been avoiding talking about it or something? lol.

I have a nack for picking upsets, which has made me a lot of money (by my standards) over the past couple years. I was wrong on this one. Who cares? And really I wasn't even wrong about anything, because I just felt he had a better chance than most thought, and that there might be good enough odds to bet on him (which i ended up deciding against).

I give you credit though, it took balls to pick Anderson to win that fight... in which he was heavily favored... good call. Way to really go out on a limb lmao. Whatever. Half of what I've read in your posts seems to be just raving over how great fedor is, or silva, or machida etc. Maybe you're just a complete front-runner, I dunno.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9404
It's not a matter of you posting in this thread but after your prediction proved to be nothing short of terrible I figured you might make a post and eat your words in regards to A. Silva Vs Griffin. I've been on Machida's d1ck probably long before you had a clue as to who he was. Silva is a guy I always thought was the underdog until the last couple of years, he's always been too scrawny and weak looking for me to suspect he'd become what he has. Fedor...eh, I'm hoping Brett Rogers K.O.s his azz at this point to be honest.

Again, seriously, f|_|ck this bullshh1t language filter.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3935
Cool.

I agree Machida will destroy Noshowgun.

UFC 103 is weak at the top but there are some sleeper fights. I'm looking forward to seeing Swick/Kampmann, Griffin/Franca, and even Emerson/Dos Anjos.

Also excited to see Maynard/Huerta on the 16th.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9407
Out of the fights you mentioned for 103 I only kind of care about Swick/Kampmann and Griffin/Franca.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5326
"If you found him in bed with your girlfriend you'd tuck him in."

-- Ricky Hatton about Brock Lesnar

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9413
Haha, that is pretty funny. Good way to contribute to this bad azzzz thread.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3988
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, 11/25/1981 - 10/24/2009

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9426
Haha, it's pretty funny how they're selling this "fight". However, the rest of the card looks like it's going to be pretty good. I do want to watch Lyoto destroy someone though, that's always entertaining.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1268
lmao Pit

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3991
Yeah there are some good fights this weekend. I'm more excited about the next couple of events though. I've always liked Vera, can't wait to see him against Randy. And as much as I hate Brock Lesnar, I'm glad he's around. Lesnar/Carwin should be insane. The heavyweight division is finally legit again. No more lameazz Tim Sylvia fights.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3996
I'd just like to congratulate the new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion of the world, Mauricio Shogun Rua.

What took place during last night's main event was a disgrace, and made a complete mockery of the way MMA fights are scored in the UFC. I wasn't a Shogun fan going into this fight. I thought he would get trounced. I have no bias. Mauricio Rua ABSOLUTELY won that fight. It was NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to being a "didn't do enough to beat the champion" situation.

Rua won the fight easily, 49-46, if not 50-45. No disrespect to Machida, he doesn't get a say in how the judges score it, but what a joke.

Rua DESTROYED the legs and body of Machida, period. Rua moved forward and was the agressor the ENTIRE fight. He landed more blows, harder blows, more damaging blows. From the 3rd round on, Machida was wincing in pain at times from the kicks and knees to his legs. His balance, and agility in his legs, were CLEARLY damaged badly by Rua's kicks.

I'm angry because Rua pulled an epic upset. People gave him no chance to win this fight, and he DOMINATED Llyoto Machida.

The only rounds you could even argue for Machida were 1 and 3 in my opinion. Round 1 Machida landed a couple of very nice knees/kicks to the body, but Rua still landed more and did more damage, so it was close, but pretty clearly Rua IMO. Round 3 was the closest, really could score it either way. Machida himself knew damn well he had lost the first two rounds, so he upped the aggression and had a nice flurry, but even in that flurry, Rua landed the best single shot (a vicious right hand)h forcing Machida to wrap him up immediately becuase it dazed him.

After the 3rd round, Machida displayed virtually zero effective offense, his legs were absolutely annihilated.

Thousands of fans in attendance, some very savvy fans of the sport, some not, UNANIMOUSLY booed Shogun when he was being introduced. That same group of thousands in attendance, UNANIMOUSLY chanted "Sho-gun, Sho-gun" in the closing minutes of the fifth and final round, because they had just witnessed him dominate the champ.

When Bruce Buffer announced Machida as the winner, Llyoto looked as though he had just won the lottery. When asked if he would accept a rematch, Llyoto's translator quoted him as saying "I will try again".

Mauricio Rua was robbed last night.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9430
Although I really don't see the complete domination of Machida the way those judges scored it was pretty bad. I was trying to watch the fight again online to see if I saw it the way they did but the sites I was attempting to use were overloaded horribly. This is why you can't leave it to the judges, apparently they're not even watching the fight and biased beyond belief.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4058
Pit was correct about the damage that Machida to the legs and body definately killed his in the last 2 rounds... ButI agree with Ray... It was closer than you are giving him credit for. One point about Rua beding the aggressor in the earlier rounds isflawed IMO.. It is true, but that is Machidas gameplan.. counter striking and being elusive... Can't be those two things and the aggressor at the same time.. Not saying that Machida won.. Just saying it could have gone either way.. I want to see a rematch... Rua deserves that for sure..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3997
I was ranting for sure. Don't get me wrong though, it was a close fight. "Close but clear" is how I would describe it. It just pisses me off because like "Ray" (LOL) said, the judges are very biased.

It's probably not even their fault. I think UFC executives make them that way and get in their heads. The last thing Dana White wants to see is an outrageously popular champion like Machida to lose a decision that could've been a coin flip. The problem is they take the mentality that "you have to REALLY BEAT the champion", one step too far. This fight was not "coin flip" close. Again, close but clear IMO.

I honestly just felt so bad for Shogun. I will be the first to admit, I pretty much thought he was a chump going into this fight. I thought after 2 reconstructive knee surgeries he was a shell of his former self. He just earned so much respect from me in this fight, I was pissed to see him get jobbed. I was sort of hoping he would take the mic and turn to the judges or Dana and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves or something, but the guy handled it with pure class.

quote:

that is Machidas gameplan.. counter striking and being elusive... Can't be those two things and the aggressor at the same time.

And that is exactly the downside of that style of fighting. I get angry when people say that he has the "perfect style", because it's not true. It can be incredibly effective as we've seen in Machida's other bouts, but it has weaknesses too. In Saturday's fight we saw those weaknesses exposed. Shogun did not over-pursue Machida, he focused on attacking the body and legs which cannot dodge blows as quickly as the head, and he was able to avoid the vast majority of Machida's counters.

Machida is still an elite fighter, but he has weaknesses. I think Machida was INCREDIBLY frustrated, and IMO on Saturday night, we saw that he does somewhat lack the ability to create offense when the opponent doesn't play into his style.

Shogun WAS the aggressor the entire way. I understand Machida's gameplan very clearly, but if you're going to employ that gameplan, your counter-striking had better be effective, because you don't get aggression points for just avoidance.

That's my main beef with the scoring system, damage should come above all else. In fights where the damage is fairly even, that's when you have to look at: who was the aggressor, who controlled position, who had more successful submission attempts etc.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3998
Sorry for the marathon posts lol. Very opinionated on this one in case you couldn't tell.

Outside of the main event my main thoughts were this:

1. Anthony Johnson is the most explosive striker in MMA. Maybe not the best overall if you look at accuracy and technicality and whatnot, but in terms of pure explosive KO ability, he is a FREAK.

2. Cain Velasquez is going to bulldoze thru most of the heavyweight division, and yet, why do I feel like he should drop to 205 because he would have no chance against Brock Lesnar?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4002
Wow... Lesnar vs. Carwin is off. F@#$.:-(

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-lesnar102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1271
awww fak!!! i guess couture/vera and tito/griffin are gonna be the biggest events this year....and maybe fedor but who knows when

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4003
Barring injuries or other circumstances that could change before the fight, I like Vera to beat Randy.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9432
I just got done watching Machida Vs. Shogun for a 2nd time and there's no way in hell that Machida even won TWO rounds. I can barely give him 1 round and that's VERY iffy. The round I can ALMOST give to Machida would be the third and even that would be overly generous. As I had thought initially, Shogun was robbed.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4008
We watched it a second time Sunday afternoon to see if we were crazy. But yeah, felt even more strongly after reviewing it.

The arguments I've read on the net in Machida's defense, were ppl saying he landed more blows to the head which should count for more damage. The third round is the only round where I can understand that point of view. And even then Shogun actually landed the best shot of the round at the end of Machida's flurry.

Oh well, I hope there is a rematch asap cause it'll be a sick fight to look forward to. I expect Machida to change things up a bit, he was disappointed in himself. He'll probably look to attack more.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4045
Fedor v Rodgers tonight!

You can tell Dana White must be thrilled that this Strikeforce event is airing on national TV. The UFC coincidentally is airing never-before-seen-on-free-tv main event fights, in the same time slot as the strikeforce event, lol.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9437
The Strikeforce event was soo f'ing fail. Good thing the main event looked like a fixed fight as well with Rogers pretty much standing still to eat a knuckle sandwich before going to sleep.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4119
Se had a similar reaction to that fight... He did just stick his jaw right out there and his hands weren't up... I did not however say the fight was fixed.

I'm not sure that Brock is ready YET, but I look forward to the time when He and Fedor meet in the octagon.. I just hope it happens before one of them starts to loose their edge and peak out or start loosing from not being in their prime. Which will eventually happen.. At this point I say that Fedor has the advantage, but I would bet the farm that in a best of 3 Fedor would loose a fight without controversy.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4050

quote:

I'm not sure that Brock is ready YET

Interesting, I was thinking the opposite. If they ever fight, I envision Brock obliterating Fedor. Like not even close. The guy is pretty much tiny for a heavyweight. 6'0" 230lbs with a gut flopping around, are you kidding me? He'd better KO Brock on the first f@#$ing punch cause other than that I don't see how he would win the fight.

Frankly I question Fedor's ability to compete as a heavyweight against the best competition. Maybe that's why he hasn't fought in the UFC. Until he does, he's not even in the running in my mind for best heavyweight in the world, let alone best pound for pound fighter. Until he fights in the UFC, IMO he knows damn well a guy like Brock would toss him on his head and pound him out in the first round. Until he fights in the UFC, his record is mostly a long list of over-hyped, overrated fighters.

If I were his agent I'd tell him to cut to 205 and go snatch the UFC light heavy title. He'd mow thru all or most of that division.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9438
205? Really? I'm willing to bet he could get down to 185 and still have a good deal of excess fat. Being fairly involved with body building I can judge bodies pretty well these days but I do think Fedor would be much better at LHW as opposed to him pretending to be a HW, he's just a fat slob and packed on nothing but more fat since his last fight which was Arlovski correct?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4054
Yeah he could make 205 for sure. 185 who knows. Can't tell his BF% just from lookin at him, and people tend to carry fat in different places. While he has a gut, he also kinda looks like he has chicken legs so who knows how much he could cut. It'd be interesting to see his physique at 205.

I think he likes fighting this way though. Against over-sized, under-skilled opponents. He always has a huge quickness and skill advantage, and wins easily exploiting those weaknesses in his opponents.

I'm not against the guy, I just wanna see him in the UFC. The best overall level of competition exists in the UFC, bar none. That's where Fedor should be.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9448
Yea, he should be in the UFC BUT I don't think he should be in the UFC at HW because he'd get his azz whipped by probably half of the HWs. I'd still like to see it but once Fedor has a loss on his record the people are going to bail on him as I think they should right now because he obviously didn't want to fight in the UFC.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9461
Randy Couture should have and still should retire. Discuss.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4057
Depends on what he wants out of it personally. I always feel that way about pro athletes in any sport when they get around typical retirement age for their sport.

If he wants to be champ again, I think he's kidding himself, and should probably hang up the gloves. But if he just loves the sport and loves to compete, who are we to tell him not to. Rob, that's like someone telling you to stop playing DOTA just because you get pwned so hard.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9462
Not really Pit, if I got pwned so hard I wouldn't compete and I don't anymore. That's the thing, if you're going to be at that level you should have the skills to reach the top or give it up. The talent pool is lacking but filling it with guys who aren't capable of winning the championship aren't needed if you ask me. Randy doesn't impress me because he hasn't or isn't doing anything to win or win impressively.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4130
Randy has proven his worthiness at 205 and HW.... He will never be champ at HW so long as Brock is champ (Granted he looked better than anyone against Brock to date-- not debatable) That fact(not opinion) proves he can still compete with the HW's.. That being said, Fedor would own Randy at this point... I am not a Fedor fan, but I give him credit for his talent.... Cro-Cop took Fedor to decision once.. GG KO'd Cro-cop(most heartbreaking match ever) .. I have no doubt Fedor would destroy GG (along with [insert HW name here w/ exception of 2..check that..3 top HW's]) And He could beat them as well... Well it wouldn't be impossible.. I think he would be the favorite in Vegas in any scenerio.... Granted I would put my life savings on Brock if Fedor was the Favorite... Back to Randy.. Randy at 205 again scares me... He has blueprinted the ways to beat the "unbeatable" more times than once... But Shogun already took care of that problem with the current "champ".. Randy can compete and could be champ again at 205... Fedor will NEVER drop to 205 to keep away from UFC's HW's... NEVER!!! He's easily beaten every UFC former HW champ that he has faced with ease.. Made em look like amateurs...... Regardless of your beliefs about his talent level, trust me when I say He believes he is the best... I don't think he is in a hurry for Brock though.. He wants more footage to study first...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9463
What's all the talk about Fedor? He's not fighting the best and not beating the best. He's beating amateurs and over hyped fighters. As far as Randy goes...you really think hugging guys for 3 rounds is going to get him to a championship(he wasn't really doing too well taking Vera down last night)? He had his run and now that's over with.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4249
Big Country over Shaub - Roy Nelson is just too experienced and is a little underrated, imo. Nelson also looked dang good in weigh ins. I just have a feeling that he is gonna win this one. No other reason.

Kimbo over Alexander - This fight was hand picked for Kimbo. Neither have a ground game. This is gonna be a straight up brawl. Kimbo has the better chin, Alexander has been chin checked.......by James Irvin. Guess its time for UFC to ride the Kimbo gravy train for a bit. HA

Marcus Jones over Mitrione - Mitrione over Jones. I think Mitriones stand up will be superior and I smell Jones receiving another KO. I want Jones to win but I just dont see it happening tonight.

Jon Jones over Matt Hamill - Jon Jones is gonna be around for a very long time. This guys is amazing and he is only 22! This guys so damn exciting to watch!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4074
We got this thing recording, we'll start watching in a bit to FF thru commercials since it isn't PPV.

Shaub > Country - I didn't see the weigh-ins, and if Country is actually in decent shape, that's a problem. But I'll still take Shaub in the upset. He's a nice striker, and the way he threw Marcus Jones off of him FROM THE MOUNT was just too impressive, lot of heart and fight in that kid.

Alexander > Kimbo - Shouldn't be any ground game in this one lol. Alexander is just ridiculously explosive, and I haven't been even mildly impressed by anything I've ever seen from Kimbo (although I thought he was funny and likable on TUF).

Mitrione > Jones - Jones should win if it goes to the ground, but Mitrione throws BOMBS, I'll say in the excitement of their big nights, Jones gets caught for the KO.

Are you sure they've fought before Jesse? They didn't fight on TUF, and I don't see it on their records.

Jones > Hamill - Really could go either way. I like both fighters. Bones is on such a roll in his young career, I'll say it continues. TKO.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4250
You're right about Jones and Mitrione not fighting. I was incorrect. I thought he had arm barred him but that was Mark Wessel.

Pit, bro, Jon Jones is sick! I am excited as hell to see him fight again.

I take Kimbo cause he has a damn good chin compared to Alexander. Houston is a better MMA fighter but this is not your typical MMA fight. It's essentially gonna be what Kimbo has done his whole life....brawl.

Look at Big Country in the pic from weigh ins!

http://www.cagepotato.com/ultimate-fighter-10-finale-live-results-commentary

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4251
You like that ninja edit? LMAO!

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4252
WOW! Who is this Kimbo? Dude is a monster. He is overbearing Alexander, no KO yet though. 3rd round starting.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4082
One word for you Diego: NO.

Apparently it was his "destiny" and his "time" to receive one of the worst beatings ever, in one of the most lopsided fights ever. I tried so hard for the past year or two to convince people of how over-hyped and overrated this kid was. On this very forum I said he COULD NOT compete with the elites at 155. Florian, Maynard, Ty Griffin, take your pick. Talk about absolutely OUTCLASSED. Diego didn't even land a decent punch in 4 and a half rounds, while BJ pummeled the sh!t out of his face every step of the way. Turned him into a bl0ody swollen mess. I can't even tell you guys how much I enjoyed watching that fight.

Meanwhile, BJ wasn't the only "best in the world in their division" fighter who fought last night. The other was Frank Mir, who ANNIHILATED Kongo. I don't care for everything he says, he was unnecessarily disrespectful to Kongo leading up to the fight, but at the same time, he was right. I DO believe Frank will be champ again, he WILL dethrone Brock Lesnar (assuming he can still fight; hope he gets healthy). Frank looked like a BEAST at the weigh ins and during the fight. Weighed in bigger than ever, and yet more defined also. Should be the edge he needs to defeat a DRASTICALLY less skilled Brock Lesnar.

Great night last night for one of my favorite fighters in BJ, and for two guys who I keep telling people are the best in the world in their divisions, BJ and Mir. I made $190 total betting :-)

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4254
I agree with everything you just said. Mir looked damn good and I really think he has a legit shot at beating Lesnar again.

Diego landed 8 punches out of 108 punches thrown and 0/24 on take down attempts. BJ landed 150/214 punches thrown. This was over 4 rounds!

Diego has 2 BAD lip splits, a possible broken nose and a bleeding v@g on his forehead.

Diego was simply outclassed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4159

quote:

he WILL dethrone Brock Lesnar

IMO you are correct..............So long as Lesnar quits fighting... Mir, if he keeps "improving" at this pace, and if Lesnar never trained again, He might be able to hold his Jockstrap in about 2 lifetimes... Mir could pull off another lucky sub, But if you think for a split second that he would be able to dominate Brock in any way whatsoever, you need to slowly back away from the computer, make your way to the bathroom, then stick your head in toilet for a swirly. ;-) I don't even want to see a rematch, I wanna see what Brock can do against other opponents... There are far better match ups for Brock, if you want to see him be put to a test. Mir is the wrong style fighter to physically dominate or just plain outclass Brock... Not to say that it is impossible for a fighter who has the same fighting style as Mir can dominate Brock, It just won't be Mir. He was dominated by a rookie and still green Brock twice (don't give me the BS Mir got the win chit)... He was on his way to killing Mir like he did the 2nd fight. You know as well as I do that Brock won't gift-wrap a leg for Mir again.

Mir did look good though. But If the planets somehow align just right, and the fight does happen one day, I'll be the first to offer you a little wager... You name the amount. I'm in...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4160
\quote
{Frank looked like a BEAST at the weigh ins and during the fight. Weighed in bigger than ever, and yet more defined also.}

until he stands next to Lesnar.

I know i'm gonna hear the "ridin' Brocks nuts" comments. All I can say is imagine how much better he will be with time (assuming he gets heatlhy) This guy was designed for UFC's HW class.. It's too bad it took so long for him to see it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4084
Look, Mark "Brockman"... if that's your real name!! The submission Mir beat Lesnar with had nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with lack of experience and MMA skill on Brock's part. For all you know, Brock is as good as he'll ever be, and may not have much going for him other than his ridiculous size and strength. What you'd have to be a fool to deny, is that Mir is a far more talented and skilled fighter than Brock will probably ever be.

If you think Frank is "the wrong style fighter" to beat Brock, I'd love to know who you think has the right style. Mir has the best Jitz in the heavyweight division, and his standup is hugely underrated (as people are starting to see in recent fights). If you watch Mir vs. Lesnar 2 again, IMO he came close to knocking him the !@#$ out standing up before getting pummeled on the ground.

The equation makes perfect sense to me. Mir has all the skills and then some to nullify Brock's ground attack, he just couldn't overcome the brute power. If he dedicates himself to becoming bigger and more powerful, which it appears he has, it could be the edge he needs. Besides, you don't know where the fight is going to take place. On the ground and on top is Brock's only game.... any other position, Brock isn't even on Mir's level.

Hope they fight again soon.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4258
"Hope they fight again soon."

This is the problem. Carwin and Mir will most likely fight for the interim title again before Lesnar and Mir fight again, unfortunately. Lesnar's intestinal infection and surgery is slated to keep him out for around another year/year and a half.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4259
Well, well. Look what I just found. Right on cue.

http://www.cagepotato.com/its-frank-mir-vs-shane-carwin-tapped-interim-title-fig ht-march

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9493
I really hope Carwin puts Mir on his azz. Although Mir has suddenly taken the more humble approach to everything he ran around talking a lot of sh1t about a lot of people.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10556
i have been out of the loop for quite some time in the UFC. what happened to Brock Lesnar? he is really sick or something along those lines?

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4267
Yep. He had a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract. He has had surgery on it. It was considered career threatening at one point but he will be out for a significant amount of time.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9499
Soo...some update action:

Rashad Evans- His take downs looked pretty good but Thiago don't really attempt to defend against them. I was wondering why a few solid upper cuts or knees didn't meet Rashad's face as he shot in, hell, even a guillotine attempt would have made sense to steer Rashad from his lay N pray/put fans to sleep game plan. Either way, great wrestling from Rashad but he'll never be a champ again at 205 using that by itself.

Thiago Silva- Definitely needs to come in and fight with his all before starting in the 3rd round, big fail.

Junior Dos Santos- Looked pretty good but his K.O. was a lot more of a wildly tossed shot to Yvel but hit its mark. Hoping to see him face Velasquez or Nog.

Yvel-Eh, washed up it seems but I'm sure a win over Cro-cop or some other bad HW will keep him in the UFC for a bit.

Paul Daley- Just like his name, he's explosive! Very impressed with the power on this guy but I'd like to see if he can take what he dishes out. His other game isn't known too well but I don't think he's purely relying on his standup although it is his strength. The guy is also pretty big for 170 but nothing like Johnson.

Dustin Hazelett- I was hoping to see a great win over Daley by this guy because it just seems like you don't see great submission guys these days, you do but they don't climb to the title by mostly subs it seems. Probably just me being retarded(myself).

Sam Stout- Definitely improved by a milestone. I still don't think he'll do too well against the rest of the league since he relies on stand up and he doesn't have the greatest K.O. power or so it seems. Nice combos from this guy though, great fight against Lauzon.

Martin Kampmann- Eh, good fight but this guy is out of his league IMO. Daley just murdered him on his feet a fight ago and although he's put on some good fights I think he's a small 170er, too small. He probably doesn't even cut weight before weigh-ins. I base that off of his look on the scale to his look in the Octagon.

Mark Munoz- Looking good but his opponent was a scrub IMO. Seriously, the guy just straight up tapped out and didn't attempt to escape or anything. He tried to tap but decided to defend a bit and try to tap again, I lol'd. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Jensen's contract was terminated early just like a few other fighters.

Other fights not mentioned...eh...don't care about them!

That wraps it up for UFC108

109 looks to be pretty good, we'll finally see the Gracie name back in action!

Also, make sure to watch WEC on Versus this Sunday, there is going to be some insane, intense and ridiculous fights.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4098
After UFC 108, Dana White is officially on my sh!t list. I am not happy with the product he is delivering and I'll tell you why. No, it is not becasue of the quality of the fights, after a card that many said was lacking in big fights. I am angry because we paid $45 for FOUR f@#$ing fights.

For a long time I have defended Dana White's PPV prices for the same reasoning that he uses to defend them. I agree that, the price isn't THAT ridiculous when you consider that the vast majority of people aren't watching them alone. It's generally a group of people splitting the cost, or a bar or whatever that's going to draw in a bunch of business by showing it. Fine, I get that.

HOWEVER, IF you are going to charge $45, show us EVERY F@#$ING FIGHT. And don't show HALF of the fights free on spiketv. UFC 108 had 10 fights on the card. 5 of them were shown free on spiketv just before the PPV. Then, FOUR of those same fights were replayed on the PPV. Look I'm a hardcore fan. I'm going to watch every event, free or PPV. But I don't appreciate having FOUR fights on a $45 PPV, during which people are going out for cigarette breaks and going to get food, because we've already seen them. Not to mention, that despite replaying FOUR fights, 1 fight was still left UNSHOWN. WTF.

It's not fair to the hardcore fans. I understand the price Dana, but show me every f@#$ing fight. I want to see it. I don't care if it was a boring 3 round decision, I wanna see it. I don't want to go to your stupid f@#$ing website and watch it on my computer. I want to watch it on the mother f@#$ing bigscreen, because that's what we paid $45 for. If you wanna show 5 fights free on spike to draw people in, fine. Add more fights to the card then. Because for $45, I expect to see EVERY fight on the card, and it should include AT LEAST 6 fights never before seen.

/rant

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1334
c/p
"Because of so many injuries to big stars around MMA, it was a lackluster close to the year in terms of marquee title fights and superfights. Now everyone is getting healthy. Look out 2010. Strikeforce's Jan. 30 card is just about complete. Robbie Lawler against Melvin Manhoef was recently confirmed along with Nick Diaz-Marius Zaromskis, Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos-Marloes Coenen and Joe Riggs-Jay Hieron. Bobby Lashley and Herschel Walker are also on the card. With the rumored fight against Shane Del Rosario going down the drain, there has been some speculation that Lashley may be off the card. That's not true. Strikeforce officials told Cagewriter that opponents for Lashley and Walker will be announced soon.

The UFC is faced with a pleasant problem. A glut of its titlest and major stars returning to action at the same time. On a video at BJPenn.com, the UFC's lightweight champ said he asked to fight on Mar. 27 at UFC 111 in Newark. The card is already loaded with an UFC interim title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin plus Georges St. Pierre defends his welterweight belt against Dan Hardy. Penn floats the idea that he may fight in Abu Dhabi on Apr. 10 at UFC 112.

That may be problematic as well with rumors of Anderson Silva fighting Vitor Belfort on that card and Matt Hughes-Renzo Gracie already locked in. Don't be surprised to see Penn or Silva pushed to UFC 114. That has to be a stacked card with the event built around the 2nd Annual UFC Fan Expo May 28-29.

There's a lot of discussion that Frank Edgar may get the next shot at Penn. We'll get a clearer picture after Ultimate Fight Night 20 this Monday. If Gray Maynard destroys Nate Diaz, he may earn the first shot at Penn.

As if UFC 111, 112 and 114 aren't enough, don't forget that Strikeforce is planning on a CBS card most likely on Apr. 17 or 24. That card will probably feature Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi, Brett Rogers and Gilbert Melendez. Strikeforce may even be sniffing around Las Vegas looking to hold the event at The Thomas & Mack in the UFC's backyard.

Then there's May 1 in Montreal at UFC 113 where the main event will be the rematch between Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida. The Rashad Evans-Quinton Jackson fight fits in here somewhere as well."

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1335
c/p update of Brock

"UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, sidelined since falling ill in September, is unlikely to return to the Octagon in 2010 due to more undisclosed health problems, according to an update posted on Lesnar's Facebook page yesterday.

"Brock has had more problems (we can't say what they are) and could be out all year if things don't get better," read the update.

Lesnar had been targeted to return this summer, but UFC President Dana White said a follow-up with doctors this week would determine when, or if, Lesnar could resume his fighting career and it has apparently been determined that he won't be able to do so until 2011 at the earliest.

The biggest question now is whether Lesnar will be stripped of his title and, if so, whether the upcoming interim championship matchup between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, slated for UFC 111 in March, will be for the vacant title."

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10635
im not gonna google it cuz its not pertinent information to me. but what is wrong with ole Lesnar?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1337
from what i know, he had some type of bacteria infection and needed surgery done. This caused him to stop fighting for around 6 months or so. But recently he encountered more problems and now they are saying he will not fight for all of '10!

This sux! i really want to see this dude fight.

I'm sure Rob and Pit can clarify furthermore

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4130
Honestly, I don't know what the hell is going on with Lesnar. Seems to me like there are a lot of conflicting reports out there. I've heard of some of his trainers and even Randy Couture allegedly saying that he's going to be back sooner than people think and that he may have already begun training again. Other reports from Dana White and such seem to doubt whether he'll fight again this year, or ever for that matter.

My guess? Brock's people and/or the UFC are following the Bill Belichick school of thought in regards to injury reports. There's no doubt the guy was seriously ill, but they may be sort of setting the stage for some sort of "miraculous return from the brink of death". I'll predict he fights this summer. If he's even just beginning the upswing now, that gives him a lot of time to get back to full strength.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9526
SKULLZ(!) STOP POSTING OLD F'ING NEWS LOL. Brock is "alright" and has been training for a bit already :-) YAY! Brock is just training slowly to make sure there are no complications but he's expected to still bounce back because he's such a great athlete(I think he would be even without roid use in his life). It has been said that Brock may be back in the Octagon in SPRING!! Also, Frankie Edgar will be facing Penn.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1347
lol sorry! it was news to me - i thought i would share it.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9529
http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/video/video?id=4826271
http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/video/video?id=4826271

It's all right there, enjoy guys!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4171
UFC 109: Pointless

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9562
Eh, yea...none of the fights serve a purpose BUT there are some sick fights going on. The main event is super fail in my opinion though. I'm kinda like WTF, Marquardt is above Sonnen but since Silva is out for a while there's nothing else for him to do. I'd rather see Nate fight than not see him fight ya know? Other than the main event I'm excited about the card over all even if the fights don't help a fighter accomplish anything.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4176
I just think it's a lame card. "Pointless" was just a play on the real name, "Relentless". The main event is kind of a joke. Mark Coleman is a scrub, he'll be completely gassed 3 minutes into the fight, should be an easy win for Randy. Some nice fights on the undercard, but since the UFC won't even guarantee to show those to the people who pay $44.99..... the card looks pretty bad.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4232
Thoughts on UFC 109:

1. I was surprised by the Marquardt/Sonnen fight. I thought Sonnen had a shot to win the fight, but I was shocked at Marquardts performance. Nate put up like ZERO resistance against Sonnens takedowns, it was like his mind was somewhere else or something, he didn't even try to sprawl. And once he was on his back, he was pretty helpless. Either he was just having a weird off night, or he has serious holes in his game against wrestlers.

2. EASY EASY EASY win for Randy, as I expected. Coleman shouldn't be fighting anymore. I don't care how bad he thrashed Bonnar. When Randy steps in at 46, you can tell he's still got it. He may not be elite, but he can fight. Coleman looks ragged, worn out, and washed up. Retire bud. Unfortunately I don't think he will. And based on Tito's antics during Colemans postfight interview, I'm guessing that fight will be coming up soon. It'd be perfect for Tito, since he's a f@#$ing bum and can't beat any real opponents.

3. Is Paulo Thiago legit? I dunno, I still wanna see him fight again before I decide. I do think Swick is overrated, but he does have fast hands, and Thiagos looked every bit as fast. And the darce choke was beautiful, I was impressed.

4. Rolles Gracie was absolutely pathetic.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9566
1. Marquardt Vs Sonnen was a huge shocker and upset. As you mentioned Pit, Nate didn't do anything to win that fight but he did a lot to lose it. The interesting thing about all of it is that Chael said in an interview that when they trained together he tried to take Nate down and tried to wrestle with him for a week and he couldn't even take Nate down at all, he said he was way too powerful and prepared as a wrestler pretty much.

2. Coleman is supposedly finished fighting for the UFC according to Dana White and I hope that holds true, I have no energy to sit through watching that grumpy old farrt get brutalized again. Tito was just trying to make another fight for himself after he gets wrecked by Chuck Liddell, job security BUT Dana didn't like it and I'm fairly certain that Coleman is done.

3. Paulo Thiago is legit man, he has some serious skills but his last loss was definitely to a sick opponent. As far as Swick and team AKA(Koscheck, Fitch, Swick,Cain goes...it's hilarious because they were just on the cover of some magazine and they're getting crushed(see Cung Le, Paul Buentello). Maybe Fitch and Koscheck can bring AKA's status back to being winners...not too likely though in their weight classes but I think Kos has the best chance in 170.

4.I honestly missed this fight because of the UFC and its crappy ways.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4247
Rolles got COMPLETELY gassed like 3 minutes into the fight. It was ridiculous. He basically gave up, and it was an embarrassing loss.

Wanderlei vs. Bisping should be fun. Sky's the limit on the number of times I'll enjoy seeing Bisping get knocked the f@#$ out.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9569
I'll try to get to watching that Rolles fight today but I kind of have a lot going on for a few days.

Wandy vs. Bisping is like....OMG I WANT TO SEE THIS. Just because I really F'ing hate Bisping and his cocky attitude, I'm still loving how he was chin-checked by Hendo. I really hope to see him get K.O.ed again by Wandy.

Bad news, really bad news, Vitor Belfort has withdrawn from his upcoming fight with Anderson Silva due to a shoulder injury. I'm really bummed about it, ugh. Oh well, there are still plenty of great fights coming up without Silva.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4249
Meh, I don't think Vitor has much of a shot against Anderson anyway, but yeah that sucks. I need to see Anderson fight Shogun or Machida. Those are the fights I want to see Anderson in. The Machida fight being one that will almost certainly never happen.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4329
Good sh!t coming up. Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones on free tv is sick. I'm REALLY looking forward to that fight. Jon Jones is like a 2 to 1 favorite right now, which is lopsided I think. If the real Brandon Vera shows up, this should be a great fight. I'll take Vera in an upset. I'll say he catches Jon Jones trying to be fancy.

Then, UFC 111. Holy sh!t. This is the best fight card in a LONG time. Wow.

GSP > Dan Hardy - I think it'll be a good fight. Hardy is big, and he seems like a gamer. I'll take GSP in a decision.

Mir > Carwin - I've said before that I think Mir is the most skilled, and overall most talented heavyweight fighter in MMA today. I stand by that. With that said, Carwin is a f@#$ing mack truck. Another crazy fight. Mir weathers the storm, and submits Carwin.

Ben Saunders > Jake Ellenberger - If you're going to pick "Killa B" to win a fight, is there any way to predict it other than a KO by knee to the head?

Thiago Alves > Jon Fitch - This is the 4th fight on the card? Are you kidding me? This card is STACKED!!!!!! I like Fitch a lot, and Alves is a douche, but Fitch hasn't impressed me his last few fights, and Alves is a monster who's probably looking to rebound from the GSP loss. For those who don't remember, this is a rematch, Fitch TKO'd Alves a few years ago. I think we'll be seeing a rubber match in the next year or two.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4330
Jones is a beast. I'll take him ecven though he is the heavy favorite.

I agree with your picks but was wanting Carwin to beat Mir. Now I want it the other way around so Brock can finish him off!!!

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10968
is Brock back?

wasn't he really really sick for like a year?
i would google this, but that would take away traffic from this deadly-slow site. so i will let you guys handle this one. lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 4331
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gv_37rblsk

here ya go muddy

Gold Member

Post Number: 4332
didn't know what was going on at first," he said. "I had been suffering for almost a year with something I didn't really know what it was. I had stomach pains here and there and some flu-like symptoms throughout the year. In the camp for Carwin, it snowballed, and I was missing full weeks of my training camp because I just couldn't perform."

Initially, doctors thought Lesnar possibly had mononucleosis or swine flu, but he refused to take a CT scan, figuring that a long rest after the postponement of the November Carwin bout would do the trick. It didn't, and soon Lesnar was being rushed back to the States from a hunting trip in Canada for what turned out to be a severe case of diverticulitis known as diverticulosis.

Doctors both at Medcenter One in Bismarck, North Dakota and at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota recommended an invasive surgery that would remove a section of his colon, force him to wear a colostomy bag for six to eight weeks, and then have him undergo another surgery.

Lesnar, who spent 11 days in the hospital and fell to a weight of 248 pounds he jokes that he hadn't seen since "like second grade," refused the surgery that he admits would have probably retired him from the sport.

He made an immediate change to his diet and soon got the green light to go back to the gym.

"I totally changed my diet, got on some natural healing medicine, and was doing a lot of praying," said Lesnar, whose previous diet left much to be desired.

"For years I was surviving on meat and potatoes, and when the greens came by, I just kept passing 'em."

As for getting back to his normal fighting weight and getting his strength and cardio back, that wasn't easy.

"Talk about starting from ground zero," he said. "You sit in a hospital and you lose 40 pounds and I just wanted to get my strength back. I had a hard time getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom, I'd be out of breath. But ironically, I think it's raised my conditioning level because I was at the bottom of the barrel, and now I'm back in the gym, I was helping Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchscherer last week, and I feel great. I feel like my old self again."

Now up to 273 pounds, Lesnar got a colonoscopy on January 5th that gave him a clean bill of health and a CT scan from this week came up aces as well. Lesnar had dodged a bullet, and he's made the changes he needed to make to hopefully avoid another incident like this one that halted his career and put his life in danger.

"Everybody's got life-changing experiences and this is one of them for me," he said. "I believe things happen for a reason, and this gave me a different perspective on life and on my family. I'm a young guy -- these things aren't supposed to happen. I consider myself a healthy human being. I'm 32 years old, and for something like this to happen, I definitely had to re-evaluate. When you think you're doing all the right things and all of a sudden something like this happens, obviously you're not, so I had to make some changes."

One thing hasn't changed though, and that's his desire to continue his reign atop the heavyweight division. Next on his agenda is an expected summer bout with the winner of the interim heavyweight title bout between Shane Carwin and Frank Mir on March 27th, or if the winner of that fight isn't ready to go that soon, a bout against the winner of the UFC 110 match between "Minotauro" Nogueira and Cain Velasquez. Ask Lesnar who he wants next, and he really doesn't care, as long as the challenger is gloved up and ready to go on fight night.

"I can't dwell on any of that," he said. "That's the future and that's the beauty of it. I'll just sit back, sharpen my skills, and I'll be ready for either one of those guys (Carwin or Mir), or even if it's Nogueira or Velasquez, I know one thing -- all those guys are s**tting their pants right now."

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1470
Im stoked for the next ufc. Can't wait for that sh!t.

My picks

GSP over Hardy
Mir over Carwin (submission) or if Carwin wins then its by KO
Alves over Fitch (though I want Fitch to win)
Not sure about Markham over Diaz - haven't seen much of Markham fights.
Wallace over Hamman

Let the discussion begin.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9571
UFC LIVE Vera Vs. Jones

Bones over Vera, Vera is too much of a douche IMO. Bones is far more exciting and more humble.

I'm going with Gonzaga over J.D.S because Gonzaga has more tools and if he's smart he'll take it to the ground and GnP J.D.S out.

Meh, Check Kongo should wreck Buentello really easily but Kongo tends to fail and play it too laid back sometimes.

Guida better take the W via opponent withdrawing because of broken hands on Guida's face.

Anyone else happy to see James Irvin back in the mix?

UFC 111

I take GSP by GNP over Hardy because I don't think Hardy can stop the take down power of GSP, he also gained 10 pounds of muscle supposedly and is fighting in the same class, maybe we'll see him go up soon :D

I think Mir has more tools and a better chance of winning but since he's such a piece of crap I hope Carwin wins by K.O. , I think Mir will take it though.

Alves over Fitch, I really like both fighters but as Pit said, he hasn't been impressive. Even in his loss to GSP you could tell Alves was really trying to win it.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11018
damn, one of my dad's assistant managers had diverticulitis, that is nothing to mess around with.

i wish UFC was still televised tho for the big matches. lol :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 4344
DID YOU HEAR THE ELBOW THAT FINISHED OFF VERA? WOW
How long before Jones gets put in the currentn top 10 in LHW? He should already be there IMO

JDS is a beast. RIP Gonzaga
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us