Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10939

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10952
no one???????????????????????????????????????????????

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1466
i seen this vid a while back.

i guess no oxygen to brain and that knocked him out?

but OUCH - faceplant on the dumbells.lol

BTW - i never throw the weights down when i deadlift (or any exercise). I always go full motion coming and AND going back down. Thats just me tho. I don't consider it being a full rep until I do the whole thing.

I also notice a lot of ppl at my gym always raise their backs when they bench heavy weights. To me, thats just building an early grave for ur back. Why not do it the right way? ALSO when benching, I see lots of ppl going HALF way down to their chest and bringing it right back up.

I dunno....everyone has their own way working out i guess.

But that video is funny. There is also another video I seen of a guy who tries to bench some really heavy weight - but fails badly. Ill post it if i find it.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10958

quote:

BTW - i never throw the weights down when i deadlift (or any exercise). I always go full motion coming and AND going back down. Thats just me tho. I don't consider it being a full rep until I do the whole thing.

On deadlift, i typically dont go back down with the weight in the regards of resisting it. I will let the weight pull me to the floor and i will still maintain my grip, but i do not resist the weight. When i am going over 225 i usually let the weight bring me to back to the ground, but below that, and i will resist it slightly. People have differing opinions on this, but as long as you aren't trying to lower the weight as slowly as possible, it wont hurt anything.

quote:

I also notice a lot of ppl at my gym always raise their backs when they bench heavy weights. To me, thats just building an early grave for ur back. Why not do it the right way? ALSO when benching, I see lots of ppl going HALF way down to their chest and bringing it right back up.

I perform the bench press using a technique i learned from Powerlifter Dave Tate, and it is mostly about making your entire body tight when you lower the weight, than using your back to lift the weight. The small of my back is not touching, i am resting on my butt, and shoulder blades when i bench, but i dont take it to the extreme, and look like a macaroni noodle trying to contort myself into a right-angle PVC pipe. lol
I will admit, however, that on that last set, or during a Max, i will lift my butt up off the bench if i am really struggling. You almost can't help it when it's put up or shut up time. lol
edit: i forgot to comment on the last part of this in your post! lol. I in fact saw a guy doing the repping half way business on a chest machine tonight. I wanted to sit him down and explain the importance of utilizing the full ROM when doing any exercise, and that if they weight was too heavy, that he would need to back it down until he could build up enough muscle strength to do that weight the right way. But if i attempted that, i would look like a douche. I was even guilty of this at one point when i first started, i would bring the weight down to about 2 inches above my chest, and then bring it back up.

My friend called me on it and said i would be better off to drop the weight and do it the right way. I swallowed my pride, and dropped the weight and did it the right way and i have seen way better results since then. Thank god that was a long time ago. I felt like such a noob at weightlifting when i first started. Found a few good websites on workout routines and i have had a blast trying to get stronger ever since! Long-Live strong muscles and being healthy!

quote:

I dunno....everyone has their own way working out i guess.

This is very true, but there is a big difference between proper form, and gym etiquette, and some people have neither! LOL! I would rather see someone doing an exercise right, and making lots of noise and being onboxious, then someone doing it wrong, and hardly being noticed so that they can one day injure themselves doing things. I have interrupted dozens of kids at the gym doing deadlifts, telling them to straighten their back, bend at the hips and knees, and to keep their chest and head up. They don't ask, or research, so how would they know if they're doing it right? I just hate to see people putting themselves at risk when i know a 2 minute conversation can save their body from serious injury.

quote:

But that video is funny. There is also another video I seen of a guy who tries to bench some really heavy weight - but fails badly. Ill post it if i find it.

DO IT!!! :-)

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10960
where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Skullzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. lol

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10961
dude i shiver when i watch that video. lol fug

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10962

Thats how i do them if i am repping heavy.
If i am repping lighter (way lighter than this guy lol) i will resist it some to the ground. BALLIN!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10963
dude i love watching other people work out, and then reading the MOST ASININE comments under the videos. wtf are people thinkin????

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10964
good thing im in here havin a convo with myself. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1469
heres a vid with a whole bunch of benching fails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUZYeTbyzzQ&feature=related

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22361
I have to wonder at the whole concept of extreme body building and as stated what it does to your joints, ligaments, and such over time. Like drugs or smoking, you may enjoy the temporary results but what about the long term? Keeping in shape and being fit is one thing but prematurely wearing your body down by lifting such extreme weights over time is quite another.

Too much of anything will kill ya, no?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22362
Love the vid Skulls lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22363
Another thing MANY ppl don't acknowledge in regards to weight lifting is your own weight. You see 300lb monsters lifting cars off the ground and such but when you see a 150lb man bench twice his weight or more to me it's more impressive.

Been said at parties in my youth for ages lol.

Bench your weight once you were considered "average".

Bench your weight ten times you were considered strong.

Bench twice your weight once you were considered exceptionally strong.

Bench twice your weight ten times and you were asked to perform a parties lol.

Upload

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10965
we dont see eye to eye in that regard Paully,

i weigh 235.
i could drop to 195 and still be benching squatting the same weight, but my genetic makeup of muscle and frame haven't changed. i just weigh less. that doesn't make my achievement any more spectacular. im just not a fat-a** when i lift the same weight. lol

now i understand that it's hard for you to cut and still maintain muscle mass, but what is spectacular is when someone who is an ectomorph or endomorph that is genetically pre-dispositioned to not have much muscle mass performs an amazing feat of strength.

there are some people that start out in the gym what it takes some people 2-3 years to accomplish. fug genetics. lol

there is an old saying i have read multiple times and goes: "Size does NOT equal strength in this sport."

that can be taken 2 ways: meaning even if you have big muscles, you may not be very strong, depending on the rep-range and amount of weight you work out with, you can have swollen, mid-range strength.

also, you can be a big guy, and get out benched by a little guy, if your genetics just don't tailor you for muscle mass or strength.

i'm not arguing Paully, just giving my opinion.
i'm definitely not saying your wrong, as i too go WTF??? when i see a 185 lb. guy bench 405...lol

the problem is, that people think b/c you are taller and weigh more, you should automatically be stronger. not the case at all.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10966
this is the most stimulating conversation i have had on this board in a week. lmao

its so damn slooooow here. :-(

what can we do to increase traffic??

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10967
OOOoooooo, i almost forgot to comment on you previous post Paully. (starting to like that nick. lol)

i definitely agree with you about the whole taking it to the extreme. if you have to wrap your body in supertight supportive materials just to protect your joints from blowing out, is it really worth it? but at the same time, a lot of those guys do those things as sort of a preventative maintenance, if you will. but then i keep thinking what i first stated. hmmmmm

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22364
Cool.

All I was saying was that the human form/skeleton has been engineered over the course of its' evolution to withstand such forces. If you exceed the body's rate of evolution with higher trauma to it you will see a difference in its' lifespan. Who knows, if we all became bodybuilders and maxed out our physical potential then someday (hundreds of years from now) our bodies will eventually evolve to it and embrace it, and even encourage it.

Just not today is all.

Upload

Isn't he cute today?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4330

quote:

this is the most stimulating conversation i have had on this board in a week. lmao

its so damn slooooow here. :-(

what can we do to increase traffic??

What if I told you I watched two critically acclaimed, recently released films in the past few days and I'm going to make a thread to review/discuss them when I have time? Does that get your juices flowing?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4331
I don't get the Arnold reference. In the context you posted his pics in it seems you're trying to imply that the more recent pic is evidence of negative effects of weight training. The guy is 62 years old, at his age, things tend to have started loosening up and sagging a bit. At 62 he probably looks much better than most other men his age.

It's worth noting that weight/resistance training (smart, reasonable training; I can't speak on the effects of lifting extreme weights) is one of the single best things a human being can do for their overall health. It is PROVEN to...

Strengthen a person's joints and ligaments.
Increase bone density/strength.
Increase metabolism.
Burn bodyfat.
Lower cholesterol.
Strengthen the heart and regulate blood pressure.
Strengthen the immune system.
Regulate and improve sleep patterns.

Not to mention the never ending list of less tangible benefits like increased self esteem and confidence, improved $exual health/performance, stress relief, overall quality of life.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22367
Lol settle down Pit. I whole heartedly agree physical fitness is far greater to our bodies than not. What I'm saying is that those who choose to take it, like anything, to the extreme will suffer the consequences. My pic of Arnold was simply an attempt at humor to those who think that body builders will always live a long life looking and feeling like they do now.

IMO Arnold does NOT look average for his age. I see much sagging skin tissue due to the massive muscle loss and I can safely assume there will be premature arthritis in his joints due to the extreme/constant weight lifting he has done in his life. A healthy lifestyle is a balanced one IMO. Any imbalance will have an impact one way or another.

I'm NOT saying exercising or weightlifting will impede your quality or length of life at all. Jesus. What I'm saying is that to exceed the body's normal limits will in time affect you. Lift cars all day if it floats your boat. When at 60 though, with 20 more years ahead of you, and you can't walk up a flight of stairs without severe pain in your knees don't wonder why. Just ask yourself if it was worth it.

I'm an ex roofer who spent 9+ hours a day on my knees and did it for 10 straight years. Started as a teenager. Don't think now that I'm almost 40 I don't feel the results of it. Training, vitamins and drugs will only get you so far.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4332
Did you just call me Jesus?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22369
Upload

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10971

quote:

What if I told you I watched two critically acclaimed, recently released films in the past few days and I'm going to make a thread to review/discuss them when I have time? Does that get your juices flowing?

Yup, juices flowing...

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10972
there is a difference between puttin irregular pressure on your kneecaps(roofing)

and performing movements which optimize the range of motion and healthily exercise the joint and surrounding muscles.

ask Jesus, he knows. LMAO

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13683
man that first video just looks so painful.....the second makes me wonder if not controlling the weight at the bottom will cause him damage to his body

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22374
Muddy you are a trip lol.

Maybe you ARE Jesus?

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10973
LMAO, im just ribbin ya Paul! (remember that reference?) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i have seen some nasty videos, fortunately none of them were actually witnesses live. i would probably throw up. lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22377
Everything in moderation friends. Remember that. Be it good, bad or ugly. That's the spice of life! To live long enough to remember it all.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10977
agreed.:-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13704
use your head not your ego those are good words to heed when training in the gym

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13705
ive been slacking on my diet for the past 3 weeks im getting back on track today

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10978
Dont be a slacker dammnit!!!!!!

turkey sammiches and oatmeal bish...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13708
no carbs for me just protein

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 10983
none at all?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13709
the most carbs i usually allow is 2 slices of bread and maybe a propel or 2 but im getting away from propel now I dont like it as much as i thought i did....propel had 20 calories a bottle so 5 carbs and the bread was like 14 grams a slice....thats on this diet....I have a slow metabolism 1600 and something calories maintenance im eating 800 calories a day mostly lean protein

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4336

quote:

im eating 800 calories a day

Is that a typo or something??? That's DANGEROUSLY low...

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11000
holy f-in cow Sean.

That is crazy low. I recently watched a documentary of a man who ate 1300 cals a day, and he was losing approx. 1 lb every 4 days, or some sh1t like that. He was dieting for a bodybuilding comp to get to 4% bodyfat or something, and was eating more than you. lol It's called I want to look like that guy. I think his metablosim had him pegged at 1800 cals for maintenance. It takes 3500 cals of over/consumption to gain a pound. You are eating HALF of what you need to function properly. just be careful man! :-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13710
Im eating the very low carb diet like Rob except he only eats the vegetables for his carbs as lyle mcdonald recommends in his book....I will change to vegetables only for carbs though also....I have that movie I want to look like that guy....its pretty good I sometimes watch it for motivation

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11002
yeah. i understand the need to cut weight, but a low carb diet doesnt work. your body needs carbs to do everything protein doesnt. your brain's main source of fuel is carbs.

i would think it would be more beneficial to cut your calories across the board and eat very small 5-6 meals a day. then to cut out carbs almost completely.

Broccoli
Oatmeal
Baked Potato
:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22415
I love tators.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9572
Muddy, watch the documentary again, Stuart was also performing with great intensity during his training, cardio and going very heavy with weights and I guarantee you that Stuart has far more muscle mass than Sean so of course he's going to eat more. Lol, low carb diets definitely work for fat loss, you can stop your bro-science now. Eating 5-6 meals per day is just silly and inconvenient, there is no legitimate proof that it's beneficial over 3 solid meals per day or even 1(read up on the "Warrior Diet"). In the end what works best for the individual is what is best, be it 1 meal or 10. Carbohydrate cycling and meal timing are both only things to be concerned about when you're about to step on stage. Same issue with sodium intake, too many people get all worked up over sodium and water weight issues when they don't have a clue about the reality of how it all works.

Some terms to google would be the following:

PSMF/Protein sparing modified fast
VLCD/Very low calorie diet
Velocity Diet
Warrior Diet

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11007
Now that's what i'm talking about, instead of pointing the finger with smarta** comments, make a contribution so we can all benefit from it. You come off as more knowledeable and less like a douche. :-)

I will google those terms and continue reading. thanks

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4338
Rob's post was edited. I liked the original better. He knows why

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4339
Oops nevermind I was confused with his post in the other thread.

quote:

Pit, you seem to actually know what you're talking about though.

I blushed.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11014

quote:

Rob's post was edited. I liked the original better. He knows why:-)

I'm cornfuzzed. Are you talking about my post in the other thread? b/c i did edit it to try and reduce the amount of drama on the forum. lol I dont want to contribute to that mess.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4341
Is your name Rob?

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11019
thought you type-o'd.

Platinum Member

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11022

these people got it bad. lmao

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22454
Oh man I'm cringing on that last dude lol. Ooooooooooo.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11027
yeah the last one hits the sweet spot in my heart. lmao

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13739
"Stuart has far more muscle mass than Sean"

The biggest area stuart has me beat in is leg mass. Since I have cerebral palsy I dont have much leg mass and im sure that makes a big difference.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11036
i didnt know you had anything like that Sean!

I thought you were even steven, but just a bit overweight.
sorry to hear that man, keep at it and good luck!

passion trumps everything like Dave Tate says. :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11050

vid Mr. Skullz posted, just watched it again. haha:-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13743
man some of them look like they hurt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us