Legion, Daybreakers, The Book of Eli?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10573
I am excited for these upcoming movies, they all look to have at least one redeeming quality about them, a decent storyline. lol

I personally love almost anything denzel washington is involved in, and if he is kicking azz, count me in.
Daybreakers seems more appealing to me than Legion simply because of the storyline, i am very eager to watch it and find out what happens.

Also, when the f*ck does Shutter Island come out? i am making cream corn waiting for that movie. Scorsese = ftw

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4099
Here are the trailers for those who haven't seen them. You're welcome Muddy :-)

I think Daybreakers looks awesome. Horror, scifi, action, I'm in. And so far it has 11/11 "fresh" ratings on rottentomatoes. It's going to kick azz.

I'm more skeptical of Legion. We'll see whats up when some reviews start coming out. Dennis Quaid is obnoxious.

The Book of Eli looks pretty cool too. Denzel is a beast. And it doesn't hurt that the movie co-stars the most beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, perfect female specimen on the face of the planet, Mila Kunis. Bonerz.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/daybreakers/trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/legion/trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-book-of-eli/feature-trailer

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9500
Daybreakers looks like it might be alright but Legion...SRSLY? Looks like sh1t. Book Of Eli looks solid and Denzel doesn't make garbage movies although I don't like the guy because he's a prrick, Training Day is still one of my favorites.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1305
Links for what Pit posted:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/daybreakers/trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/legion/trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-book-of-eli/feature-trailer

What you guys think of Iron Man 2?
I personally don't think I'm going ot enjoy it too much.

Any Harry Potter fans?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4104
Thanks Skullz! What did you do differently with the links though? Ecoustics doesn't automatically make them links anymore!?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1308
there is a button to the left of the smiley face (looks like the world) - if you click on that and enter the link, it should be 'clickable'. :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10576
hahahahaha bonerz. lmao

i want to see Legion simply because i like scary movies. I'm not giving it any credit, i just want to see it. Hell, i might just wait and netflix it.

But Daybreakers is unlike anything i have ever conceived. The story is unique and i want to know what happens and every little detail. :-)

btw, there is a trailer out for the new Iron Man 2??? i was unaware of this.....hmmmm.

On the Harry Potter question, i am not a fan, simply b/c i havent taken the time to watch the umpteen movies they have made. but i could definitely see how they have the potential to draw you in with the whole recreated universe they seem to have made based on the books. seems legit

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1310
Iron Man 2 trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21789
I am so psyched about Iron man 2. Loved the first one. I watch it almost on a regular basis.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4106
Damn I never even saw the first one. I did just see Sherlock Holmes though and I thought RDJ was pretty slick in that. Cool movie.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9504
Pit, you're missing out on a good movie. Iron Man was probably my favorite movie that came out in its year. Iron Man 2 looks like it should be good too. I have also seen Sherlock Holmes and it was pretty good, I can't wait for Sean to pop in with his opinion of "its not a good movie" and then FAIL to give a single reason or example of why he states it =/ That's what he did to me on AIM, when he FINALLY said "it had too much filler" I asked an example of what he considered "filler" in Sherlock H. and he couldn't give me an example other than "too much talkin, you'd have to see it"(even though I had he just didn't know that). I felt that the talking in the movie was very relevant considering how it depicted the characters or plot of the movie =/

Mmm, anyone thinking about Clash Of The Titans? I'm also wanting to watch Spartacus, looks like it's going to be a good show.

Yea, that's right, I changed this thread to Movies and Shows. Like dat?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4107
I don't know this Sean, but he sounds like a real tongue chewer. The dialogue in Sherlock Holmes was intelligent and well written, with a lot of clever humor. Good show.

Gooooood @#$%ing call on Clash of the Titans. I'll take a plate of pwnage with a side of win please...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/clash-of-the-titans/feature-trailer

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10578
"Yea, that's right, I changed this thread to Movies and Shows. Like dat?"

no, ....no not really. :-)

dont change my thread without talking to me about it first. this is why we got separated and the kids won't talk to us anymore rob....geez

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10579
clash of the titans looks awesome!!!! i need to watch the original so i can appreciate all of the special effects this time around.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4109

quote:

this is why we got separated and the kids won't talk to us anymore rob....geez

We may have communication issues, but I've never refused to speak to you entirely.

Weird...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4110

quote:

i need to watch the original so i can appreciate all of the special effects this time around.

Wait... what? You haven't seen COTT??? You kids today, no appreciation for the classics. Next you're gonna tell me you've never seen Dr. Strangelove, Citizen Kane, The 400 Blows....

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10582

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9505
Pit, you know who Sean is, he's insearchofbass on this forum. It's going to be a GREAT weekend when COTT comes out! It comes out March 26th AND this:

UFC 111 FIGHT CARD
Matchups:

UFC Welterweight Championship
Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy

Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship
Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin

Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves

Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown

Godly fight card!

Muddy, I DO WHAT I WANT! This is now the movies, shows and MMA events thread! :-)

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1318
my calls are Pierre, Mir, and Fitch - i don't like Alves although i think he may take it

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10583
get the f*ck out of my thread with this UFC sh1t.
there is already a thread for that.

*bomb activated*

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10584
i think im gonna watch Drag Me To Hell....

just got it in on Netflix a couple days ago, meh.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9512
Oh god dude, save yourself the time, that movie is beyond horrible.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12972
Yes Rob I popped in. As far as the three movies listed up there im with Rob day breakers and book of eli look cool but thats it. I am going to see ironman 2 though for sure.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9513
Ha, might even see it twice!? I always hope any Marvel based movie is good enough for multiple views. The first couple of Hulk movies were fail lol. Good thing that scrawny white dude,umm can't think of...Ed Norton(I failed lolz). Good thing ED NORTON saved that movie IMO.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4111

quote:

Oh god dude, save yourself the time, that movie is beyond horrible.

I have to disagree with Rob. Watch it. Especially since you said you like horror flicks. I thought it was very good. It's inventively suspenseful, and quite humorous, although maybe too subtly for people who aren't big fans of the genre. Honestly, I really, really enjoyed this film. I'm not the only one who liked it, it's got a 92% on rottentomatoes, which is really hard to do.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/drag_me_to_hell/

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10588
yeah, not to sound pompous. but i took a good lesson from one of my English 2 teachers when he said "try to enjoy movies for what they are and are intended to be, not what you want them to be or what they are compared against." everything is made for its individuality even if it is a re-hash of something already done, it is interpreted differently by the person who made it.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10589
and rottentomatoes holds no punches. that is one of the most volatile ratings website for movies. lol the crew that determines the ratings hardly ever gives anything a chance.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10590
perfect example. Boondock Saints.

it is a cult classic.
but it is completely annihilated by critics.
but the stuff that is in it is exactly what the fans wanted to see and the dont care about the bad cheesy dialogue and cliche action moments. not everything has to be academy award or oscar worthy to be enjoyed.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10591
Petrified Life and the Twice Told Joke. now listening...:-)

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1320
so did u see daybreakers?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21814
Muddy makes a good point. I guess that's one of the reasons why I like sci-fi movies because of their distance from reality. You spend more time enjoying the film than picking it apart mentally. Not only that but it tends to spark the imagination. Who cares if it's not physically possible for a man in a metal suit to instantly accelerate to mach 1 to out run a fighter jet? Who cares because watching it is cool!

It never dawned on me why our English teachers pushed books with symbolism so hard in school until afterwards. Symbolism forces the reader to fill in the blanks thus generating a different story for every reader. Who hasn't read a book and then watched the movie only to think to yourself "that wasn't ANYTHING what I was expecting"?

"Lord of the flies" was one of many required readings in school for me and when the film came out I HAD to see it. To tell you the truth I liked the book better.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10593
because what you interpreted and what the director of the movie or the script writer wrote were not the same. YOUR imagination and interpretation is always going to be the best, because its exactly what you think it should be. :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10594
and no, i havent seen it yet. damit i need to go to the movies. i hate going tho.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4118

quote:

i hate going tho.

WHAT!?!? I LOVEEEE going to the movies!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21825
So do I!!!!

Yet, waiting 2 months and paying 1/3 for the DVD and watching it in my own HT is always more appealing to me.

Every time I take my kids to see a movie and dinner it's $60 easy.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4119
I wait for some movies to hit rental availability also, but I actually don't think the ticket prices at theaters are overpriced. I mean you're paying more to see the movie when it's current and new, and you're also paying for the movie going experience, which is worth something to me. There's just something different about seeing a great movie when you're in the theater with a group, the giant silver screen, the dangerously loud surround sound. Good stuff.

The food and beverages are... well... absurd. Anyone who spends much money on that stuff these days is crazy. If you're with kids that's of course the exception, they're going to want all kinds of goodies, and you're just kind of screwed.

For me, going to a movie is usually $10-$30 per person. $10 each if food isn't involved. If food is involved its $20 or $30 but that includes a decent, filling meal. There's always a panera bread, corner bakery, bakers square, or SOMETHING nearby where you can get some decent food. The only thing I'd even want at the theater is nachos, and they're currently $6.50 at the theater I frequent most. That's $6.50 for a handful of tostitos, and a little tub of some fake cheese goop (which I do find delicious actually).

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9521
Lol Pit, I'm personally glad those prices are so high, it makes dieting easier at the movies in a sense.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10604
you are wayyy to worried about such things. just don't eat them and have some discipline. lol

what i was trying to stress was that i have a passion for movies, i can appreciate almost anything i watch in one way or another, i don't judge, and the only movie i haven't finished was a soft-core p0rn that someone else in a netflix party wanted to watch....it was really really bad. lmao

but i hate the idea of paying $10 to watch a movie and having to share that space with the utmost INCONSIDERATE, RUDE, BABBLING, BABY-BRINGING, TWEEN f*cks, that ruin the experience.

i have adhd, i have had it my whole life, took ritalin all through elementary and junior high, but i am able to focus greatly now, EXCEPT when it comes to watching a movie, tv show, listening to music. there must be NO interruptions. that coupled with my short fuse temper, and i don't enjoy myself. i would rather wait for it to come out on Blu-ray, and watch it 6 feet away on my 46-inch LCD tv with my Sennheiser Studio reference headphones on so i can hear when key grip moves his finger, and enjoy every minute of it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4121

quote:

the only movie i haven't finished was a soft-core p0rn

One might say you finished, "prematurely".... lol

Only movie I couldn't finish that I can recall was Bruno. I think Sacha Baron Cohen is funny generally speaking, but this movie was beyond bad. And I could name dozens of movies that won me over with "it's so bad it's funny" type humor, but Bruno was a complete failure. So totally un-funny it was unbearable.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10610
i was wondering about that movie, i had a friend just see it and he said it was horrible. more like a g@y p*rn than a funny movie. i probably will Netflix it one day...meh

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21831
It's all a matter of opinion. I personally thought the Jackass series was hysterical. Many, however, deem it immature and irresponsible. (There have been many copycats).

I guess you can judge a movie by how long it takes the DVD to make it to the $5 shelf in Walmart.

Maybe.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9523

quote:

you are wayyy to worried about such things. just don't eat them and have some discipline. lol

Odds are that I have FAR more discipline when it comes to dieting and my physique than you Muddy. It doesn't mean I don't want to eat like a normal person but it's not worth eating like one if I'll look like one :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10619
we all know you are the male equivalent of a bulimic cheerleader and more vane about your body than anyone on the forum. thanks for the update tho. :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10620
i have found some steals on the $5 rack Paul!!! there are some movies that are in that rack simply because they are older or not as many people appreciate them. doesnt mean they are bad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21843
Not my point. I too have grabbed many a deal from the bins. You won't find a blockbuster in them though 6 months out of release.

Trust me. They market/milk the public to death. Yes you CAN find great flicks for $5, but not until the vendors get every penny out of them they can.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10624
i agree with you on that, and i wasnt disagreeing with you about the blockbusters being in there in 6 months. but i also remembered that most of the movies i was thinking about i got off the $9 rack. lmao

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4126

quote:

we all know you are the male equivalent of a bulimic cheerleader and more vane about your body than anyone on the forum.

I think I poo'd.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9524

quote:

we all know you are the male equivalent of a bulimic cheerleader and more vane about your body than anyone on the forum. thanks for the update tho. :-)

Haha, what's worse? To be a bullimic cheerleader(still, hot at times sans the teeth) OR a guy with saggy b1tch tits who wears a 38 DD support bra and aasss-less chaps to show off his cottage cheese aasss?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10629
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
the visual i had wasn't bad until the aass-less chaps got thrown into the mix!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13016
I went to see daybreakers Yesterday. In short it sucked. I expected an action filled movie like underworld instead I got a movie about vampires and needing a blood substitute. Boring.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9525
Lol, how about some GOOD reasons it sucked Sean? Bad actors, dialogue, irrelevant or unexciting scenes? You're def no Ebert! Keep in mind I'm not going to see this, I would but it's not Twilight, lolz.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10652
So...
i finally saw The Book of Eli today. :-)
i loved it!!!!
it isn't action packed like the trailers show, but the movie was absolutely fantastic at delivering several messages about mankind and religion. awesome flick. must see

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13061
uh oh isnt action packed thats not good for me. I was going to wait till thursday to see it for the bonus points on my regal crown card but I might not see it now.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10666
a movie with more action means it has less acting. which in theory means there is less substance to the movie. :-)

it is still a very good movie, and Denzel is a badazz as well. i don't think you will be disappointed, but according to Rob, you have a very bad track record for rating movies. lolol

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13066
"but according to Rob, you have a very bad track record for rating movies. lolol"

He got that from one movie I talked to him about.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10670
yeah i know. lol

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9554
Whey protein WUT?!

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10672
this is my second time typing this bc eCoustics website hangs up and when you refresh the page it loses all of your post. so. this retype will be short and sweet.

the movie is very good at creating a universe where vampires live like humans and humans live like refugee's or outcasts. The movie's plot moves nicely, with a few one liners from Willem Dafoe that are cheesy, but necessary bc he is VERY old school, and still maintains that sly badazz appeal in my book.

The plot has a few nice surprises or twists if you want to call them that, and the movie has very nice special effects. Ethan Hawke does an awesome job portraying his character, who was made into something he doesn't accept, and is trying to fight it every step of they way. Corruption and greed lace the movie's main antagonists, and if you enjoy even the slightest bit of vampire lore, you will appreciate the different elements of it that they have integrated into the movie. go see it!!!

ended up not being so short. lol

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9555
Sounds pretty good muddybutt, I'm gonna have to watch it when the DVD screener is out :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10676

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13082
Well at least if you see it on screener you wont waste any money on it. As I said I thought daybreakers sucked.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9561
You also said Sherlock Holmes sucked and I thought it was pretty F'in good.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4175
I'm starting to think Sean just likes brainless action flicks. Which is cool if that's your thing. Rock on Sean.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13108
No I do like thinker movies too besides good action movies but theres not much to think about with daybreakers. I also like sci fi movies.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10686
daybreakers is more of a play on morality for human life, as if to switch the role of humans and "animals", giving the animals control of the world and subjecting us to the trials they face. them or any lesser creature that poses a threat....judgment and persecution. veddy good :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10687
im real big on overtones. not just plot subjects and character dialogue.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13176
I watched book of eli. I thought it was an ok movie.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10688
finally...sean agrees with me half-heartedly. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13205

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4194
I saw Legion last night. I'll give it a 6.5/10, with about 5 of that being for Paul Bettany (Michael) alone, and a bit more for a few laughs.

It was highly predictable, with a very cliche cast of characters. Dennis Quaid was awful (as usual), and the actor playing his son was a real chip off the old block, doing an even worse job playing his character. Luckily for everyone, Paul Bettany is a great actor and he makes the film's most far fetched character, the most believable one.

The film as a whole though, like so many others, was confused about what it wanted to be. You get scenes like the old lady in the diner scene (which we've all at least seen glimpses of in the trailers), which don't apologize for anything, and are blatantly silly, and actually funny. But then you get pointless, boring scenes where they try to develop characters and establish subplots that have no substance whatsoever, and are poorly acted.

Bottom line, if you like Paul Bettany, and you're looking for some shallow entertainment, Legion might be for you.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13267
I saw this movie today as well and I would give it an ok rating nothing special.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us