NFL Playoffs

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4138
I should've started this earlier but oh well.

I like the Chargers over the Jets today, too much firepower. Couple big plays early and suddenly Mark Sanchez has to throw more than they like to. Chargers 27, Jets 16.

I like the Cowboys over the Vikings. I've been telling people all year that the Vikings were overrated. I'm a little worried now because they struggled at the end of the season, and the Cowboys are hot, so there isn't a David vs. Goliath vibe to this game like we would've expected a month or two ago. But I'll still take the not-so-underdog boys. Cowboys 37, Vikings 31.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21881
17-3, half time in the Cowboy game. Not sure how your boys will pull out of this one Pit lol. Romo is just not getting the protection.

Saints are blessed this year no?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4139
Wow, pretty pathetic first half Cowgirls. Way to move the ball and then choke on the first two possessions. They shoulda come away with 6 or 10 and instead they came away with 0. Better pull their heads outta their azzes if they want to come back.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4140
Oh no no they are not MY boys. Just a prediction, I'm not a cowboys fan. If I'm biased it's because I'm a diehard Bears fan and I loathe the Vikings.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3026
saints fan's out the @ss around here lol. they shut arizona down. not a fan of the cowboys, but thats because of where i'm from

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21883
I'm a Steeler fan so you know I'm smiling.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4141
I don't like LT, but this was funny.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1513
Romohomo choked big today. vikings defense was looking pretty good. and Favre.... well Favre was being favre

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4142
I'm not so sure Romo deserves most of the blame. He'll get it, but I'm not convinced. The Cowboys' offensive line was just dreadful. QB can't do his job if he's got 300lb behemoths smashing him every other play.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21884
At least the Charger/jet game is more competitive.

Doesn't matter who wins. Indy will hand them their azzes.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10653
^^^yeah.

sadly, i don't think the Jets stand a chance in hell against Manning (i loathe manning) unless they just don't show up to play (yet again, with manning as their qb...highly unlikely)

explain to me why in College #1 plays #2 and #3 plays #4.
but in professional football #1 plays #5????

am i missing something?
the end results seem to be better for a final endgame in the pro's logic, because in college if #2 beats #1, well theoretically #1 is still better than 3 and 4. but then #2 goes on to play #3 and thats the championship. meh. then in the pros #1 will crush #5 and then play #2 (assuming #2 is the saints) so wtf. i hate how this sh1t is done. lol

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10654
after reading my post, it makes it sound like i am bashing the pro's playoff system, which i am not. i think that college needs to get their sh1t together and organize a playoff system. the BCS doesn't make much sense to me.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4143
I'm shocked that the Jets beat the Chargers. At this point I refuse to underestimate them. I'll wait til next weekend to make an official prediction, but I don't think the colts will blow them out. Strong run game, strong defense, coming of age QB, and Darrelle Revis is just stupid.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10657
don't get me wrong. i wanted the ravens to knock the colts out of the super bowl race REALLY bad, but they looked really bad, and the colts looked really good.

I would love for an upset, i would probably do a front flip! lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4145
I'm already thinking about the matchup and I can't wait to see what the betting line looks like come next weekend. Ya know, the Colts really have not looked explosive lately, even the passing game has been mostly short/medium range. And you already know Revis is gonna be a stud. I bet it'll be a close game.

Where's Brad? I kinda miss him:-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21886
The game to watch next week of course is the Viking/Saints game. By all means the best match up "Hollywood style" is for Favre to go head on against Manning in the big dance. What a game that would be!

We're talking about two super experienced and talented QB's, both destined for the hall of fame. Personally I'd like to see Brett win so he can finally retire but.........will he?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4146
I've just gotten word that Brad Warren was arrested outside Nate Kaeding's residence last night when he was found kicking footballs at Mr. Kaeding's bedroom window. Witnesses say Mr. Warren was also heard screaming "boot Kaeding".

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21889

He missed what, 3?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10665
that's gotta suck. your job, what you've been training for your whole life, and you miss 3.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4174
I like the Colts over the Jets.

And I like the Saints over the Vikings, although my judgement on this one is admittedly quite fogged by my intense hatred for Bret Favre.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15908
Colts win easily over the Jets...and Colts (favored) beat the spread ...8.5

Saints finish off the Vikings ( and Favre will be back again next year...he's been takin that "extenze" stuff...:-) .....and Saints (favored) beat the spread ...3.5

Colts win another SB...but I'm no Manning fan myself, and would like to see the Saints win their first SB....and Saints loyal fans are pretty decent ppl and deserving..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21916
Good to see you back. LK

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1356
Yes - good to see you back LK. Lets hope this NFL thread stays open LOL

Again - i want the jets to win - ONLY because they are from New York - and are the Giants backup plan lol. I'm sure they will get smashed by the colts but hey, you never know!

I want the vikings to win over the saints -

But like I said in the billion other NFL threads in the sat section - i beleive the colts will take it this year

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4178
I still like the Colts as well. I don't predict a blowout though. The Jets will be able to slow them down like they do to all teams. And the Colts haven't looked all that explosive to me lately, they're relying more on the short/medium range passing game.

Colts 23, Jets 16.

I'm conflicted on the Saints Vikings game. I want so badly for Brett Favre to fail miserably, so I'm very biased. But I'll say Reggie Bush makes another big play or two today, he's been waiting to break out.

Saints 34, Vikings 24.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15910
Thanks Paul and Mr Skullz...I'm on a "rescue" mission to save the satellite boards...lol....I dunno why, cause they suck...but its a home to a few good ppl...aka the "fun bunch" and a few others...lol

yep Mr Skullz..we had some nice clean decent fun threads about the NFL playoffs and we all know that Plymutt and NN deleted them...so here we are..like the sheep that Plymutts (french fry) and NN (haji woman) want us to be...

Paul..BTW...that is a nice bar ya got in the basement...enjoy it!..and wait a few years, U will be triple locking that liquor up...apple don't fall too far from the tree.....lol

Being a New England fan (Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics), we dislike all NY teams, except for the Giants...because the Giants are NFC unlike the AFC Pats, and the Giants were our ONLY and closest team BEFORE the Patriots came into existence around 1960....so many ppl and New England families, and thru the generations, have stayed Giants fans or now are Patriot fans....

That being said, obviously we don't like the Jets...more so than any other NFL team....lol...old rivalry, but a "usually" fun one...so most us Patriot fans will be cheering on the Colts to put the hammer down on the Jets...even though we aren't crazy about Peyton (geez what a name fer a dude...lol) and the Colts, we prefer them over the Jets..and "Peyton" actually ain't a bad guy (no drugs, family man, community oriented, etc) but he's a real "goober" in them commercials....lol

and the Saints..well its just their turn in the bucket..and I lost all respect for Favre as a man , with his wishy washy girly "oh I so confused" retirement decisions ..but yep, the man can still play some ball with the best of em...he's got gonads, just no brains...and he's already got his ring....so i'm hoping to see the Saints go marching on...

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12452
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15914
I gave ya too much credit Plymutt...U're a stalker, and NOT a mod here...I suppose ya want to cornhole me next!...ya fukkn loser!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5543
Hartley couldn't have kicked that one any better.

This is what the TV execs prayed for... the game will be a nail-biter with huge ratings. And congrats to the city and people of New Orleans going to the big dance after all that has happened to them.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15915
Colts win easily 30-17 and beat the spread...now AFC champs

Saints win 31-28 in OT but do NOT beat the spread... now NFC champs

Favre played with gonads but no brains, and cost them the game, IMO...wish he woulda stayed retired and went out as a true warrior and great player that he once was..

its gonna be one helluva Superbowl....could go either way...Mannings experience or Saints #1 offense and #5 D in the league.....think I'm gonna and double up and take the Saints...

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3032
this state is going apeshit as we speak lol. great game. Favre had opportunities to take it but they blew them one way or another.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21919
Told ya all this was the game to watch.

Maybe Favre will take it as a sign to finally retire? He was pressured all night and that might have forced the interception he would KILL to get back but like I said, the Saints are just blessed this year.

Would have LOVED to see Favre against Peyton but the current match up is just as superb.

Good game coming up.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1357
Great match between saints and vikings. Favre had many chances but just like Paul said - saints ARE blessed this year.

Anyways - favre got beat up pretty bad today too lol. He def would have needed those 2 weeks to get some really good rest if they wanted to defeat the colts.

I was happy with colts victory over the jets. I didn't really expect the jets to win. Going this far for them is sort of a victory in its own way.

I would like to see the Colts holding the LT this year.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21920
Nah. For me the Saints will be my team to root for.

Peyton has been there with the colts, and won it.

I wanna see the Saints pull out a first for their franchise and a much deserving city like Brad stated.

The Saints just need to HOLD onto the ball!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9563
I'm fairly certain that the Saints are going to be crushed, they would have been dominated but the Vikings were just playing at their worst. Colts by slaughter rule.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4179
I have to kind of agree with Rob. The game is 2 weeks away so I reserve the right to change my prediction between now and then, but I was not impressed whatsoever with the Saints. The Vikings were the better team yesterday in virtually every aspect of the game, other than the turnovers. And the turnovers are a bit of a fluky thing. I guess you could argue that the Saints defense is just really that good at causing turnovers, but I don't believe that to be true. If anyone thinks the Colts are gonna fumble six times, lose three of them, and throw two picks, they're nuts.

The Vikings moved the ball with EASE against that Saints D. 310 passing yards, 165 rushing yards. The Saints on the other hand, put up a measly 197 yards passing, and 68 yards rushing. The Saints looked severely mediocre to me yesterday, but the Vikings gave the game away with turnovers. I would only give the Saints credit for causing like 2 of those. The second pick by Brett was completely his fault, and most of the Vikings fumbles were just lack of concentration. If the Vikings hadn't made careless, inexcusable turnovers yesterday, I think that games ends something like Vikings 41, Saints17. I mean seriously they moved the ball EASILY all day long, and shut down that Saints offense all day long. It wouldn't have been close.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21922
Well with the superbowl just like the Viking/Saints game.........

On any given Sunday.

The key is to get to Peyton. He self destructs under pressure and he comfortably lives inside the tackle box. If you get him scrambling the Saints have a chance, like any team on any day. I don't see the Saints pulling it out, especially against Peyton's experience but they did have a hell of a good season. Now we see if the ride for the Saints to their first Superbowl is worth the price of admission.

If all things are equal the Colts walk away with it IMO. If they can get a few sacks on Peyton and keep him and his offense off the field as long as possible, compounded with 0 turnovers the Saints are not that much of a long shot in my eyes. Historically the refs slack off on pelenties during the big game so it might just come down to the team with a mistake free 60 minutes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15916
Just a reminder...

Saints didn't get to the Superbowl by NOT being the NFL's #1 offense and #5 defensive team....I think most of us never paid much attention to them, until the latter part of the season AFTER they had already clinched...and the Saints played a great Vikings team yesterday with a helluva runner with Pederson that made Favre look good all year..and the Saints did win, and did score 31 points with Brees and Bush...and they won without playing up to their usual standards this season, as the game stats demonstrated..

and the Colts are basically a 1 man team called Peyton Manning...pressure Manning (or an injury) and play yer normal game, and the Saints walk away with a victory.... Colts are a 4th quarter team which could play right into the Saints hands...just look at all the "lucky" wins the Colts pulled off this year in the 4th quarter...and the Jets (who were given the wildcard spot) made the Colts look better than they really are...

Lady luck is always a factor, and could decide the Superbowl...this game is gonna be a close good one I think..Manning and experience versus a overall great unnoticed Saints team...the spread right now is 4-4.5 points and a 55-55.5 over/under...I'm taking the Saints!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4181

quote:

He self destructs under pressure

I disagree wholeheartedly. In fact I'd argue the opposite. I think you're basing that off of just a select few poor performances, which were mostly against a Patriots dynasty that just plain had his number for those years. Look at what he's done in the fourth quarter all year long with games on the line. I think this guy thrives on pressure.

LK, I'm not sure what stats you're looking at when you call the Saints the #5 defensive team in the NFL. I'm looking at NFL.com, and for the regular season, they ranked 20th in points allowed, 26th in pass yards allowed, and 21st in rush yards allowed. The Colts defense is better. In fact I don't think it's all that close. 8th in points allowed for the Colts.

How you think the Saints went "unnoticed" this year, is beyond me. They only went 13-0, steamrolling most opponents, and being one of the two or three most hyped teams all year long.

I'd disagree with the Colts being a 1 man team also. In fact, I'll take their receiving core over that of the Saints, easily. Wayne and Clark are studs on any team, and Garcon and Collie are solid. The Saints receivers are mostly products of the system and Drew Brees IMO, moreso than the Colts receivers.

The Saints have a much better run game, I'll give them that, and probably a better kick return game as well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21926
Peyton is a wuss when running. When he gets flustered and forced to throw he starts to blame his front line and not rely on any foot skills. He is a great QB no doubt, yet he has relied on his protection to get him where he is, not to mention the hands he has to throw to. Plus I think he lacks the iron jaw some QBs have like Favre. If he takes only half of the hits Favre did against the Saints he's done. If you get to him the team starts to crumble. He is the core. When ANY team relies on one person it's not a team anymore.

I stand by my words. Get to Peyton and rough him up and you get the Lombardi trophy.

That and keep the turnovers/mistakes to a minimum.

Receivers and the QB that throws to them are like husband and wife. If a team were to lose their starting QB, especially in the SB, it's like pulling the string that unwinds the sweater. I can't see the talent on the offensive side making up for a loss of a spouse (should it happen).

If Peyton remains untouched........they win.

If the Saints can penetrate and sack him 4+ times, they have a chance. Assuming no turnovers. And the Saints better live inside their running game to keep Peyton off the field.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10691
woo! its getting heated in here. thats why i love football. lol

i will definitely agree with whomever said that the Vikings would have walked ALL OVER the Saints had they not turned over the ball so much. A few key mistakes cost them the game. But for most of the game, they dominated the Saints defense throwing and running all over the field.

I also didnt expect much of a fight from the Jets, but they held out to a certain point, and then couldn't hold anymore, finally collapsing and losing to the Colts.

I don't like Peyton for some reason, but damn, is he talented. The guy just knows where to put the ball, and he especially knows how to read a defense. Calling audibles as often as he does is not something most QB's do, and he is good at making on the fly adjustments.

I am not sure who will win the Super Bowl, i am leaning more toward the Colts, but would like to see Peyton get shut down by some killer defense, call me a sadist. hahahaha :-)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4201
Wow, Dwight Freeneys reported injury could be big. If he can't go, or isn't able to be effective, it's going to be a huge blow to the Colts defensive plan.

This is why I said I reserve the right to change my prediction lol. I'm very interested to hear updates on this throughout the week.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5556
Looks like Freeney is going to start anyway. He should be able to play with the pain, but since this is now a tear and not just a strain, he is risking his future if anything additional were to happen to his ankle. If he shows any signs of worsening, the Colts will yank him immediately.

And if he doesn't start, or can't continue after starting, the Colts have Raheem Brock ready to go in his place. Brock is a beast, and will be harder to stop than a 50-75% Freeney. This talk about the Saints being able to double Robert Mathis because Brock is in the game, is horseshit. Alot of times, the added prestige and adrenalin of the SB causes players to step up their game dramatically. If Freeney can't go, look for Brock to have a huge game. They say that after a few snaps, the game becomes just like any other... but for a guy like Brock who is eager to prove something and dismiss fears about Freeney's absense, trust me -- he won't forget which game he is playing in.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21990
Sorry, not related. I HAVE to say that the decision to put the pro bowl BEFORE the superbowl is an idiotic one at that. There were what, 15 pro bowl players who couldn't play because they were either a Saint or Colt? That's retarded. So not only do they collect the check for the superbowl but also another for the pro bowl, which they don't even have to suit up for???????

I know it's a money decision because it's so much cheaper to keep the players flown to Florida instead of Hawaii but please, did anyone else but me watch the game? Seems like most of the players didn't show up either because of injury or "personal" reasons. Didn't matter. Everyone played liked they were stoned or drunk.

The NFL fucked this one up big time. For 30 years it's been done this way. Some suit and tie azzhole with the bottom line in mind keeping him up at night is who changed it.

BOTTOM LINE is the game sucked because of it.

I turned it off at the end of the 3rd quarter.

By the way. Who won?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5565
AFC 41-34.

Here is (part of) a great article from bleacher report pretty much echoing what you said:

The Pro Bowl Defends It's Reputation As Pro Sports Worst All-Star Game

Every year up until 2010 the Pro Bowl had been played in Hawaii the week after the Super Bowl. It was a bit of a reward to those selected to get to spend a week in Hawaii with the top players in the league.

This year however, in an attempt to make money, the game was moved to the week in-between the Super Bowl and Conference Championship games. This move wasn't real popular around the league as every player from the two Super Bowl teams wouldn't participate, and many other players from the Conference runners-up chose to drop out.

The AFC roster featured three quarterbacks that were fill-ins with David Garrard, Vince Young, and Matt Schaub playing instead of Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Tom Brady. The integrity of this game has really deteriorated with this decision.

Having the game at the Super Bowl sight instead of Hawaii takes away from the honor of being selected. Imagine a player in the Pro Bowl in a year his team loses the AFC championship when the Super Bowl is in his city. What a great honor that is. The week after you lose the conference championship, you get to stay at home and go to practice for another week.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4206
Brad I have to disagree about the significance of Freeney's injury. It's not like Brock is new on the scene and dying for a shot, he's been in the NFL for 8 seasons. When I first heard about this injury I thought the Colts just lost their most important defensive player, after listening to sports radio all day I think that's an understatement. Not cause I'm brainwashed, but the numbers are staggering.

Since Freeney entered the NFL, he's something like 2nd in sacks, 3rd in tackles for losses, and 1st in forced fumbles. And he's done all that while having teams gameplan around him and double him. Plus, his game is totally dependent on mobility. He's not a statue that shoves guys around with his upper body. He relies on being quick and blowing past guys with spin moves.

Physically Brock might be a beast, but so are all linemen in the NFL. Brock just isn't the same talent that Freeney is. In about the same amount of NFL experience we're talking 84 sacks, versus 24.5 sacks, and 36 forced fumbles, versus 11 forced fumbles.

You can count on Brock to be solid, but you can count on Freeney to be a game changer. If Freeney can't play or can't be very effective, I don't like the Colts' chances of putting much pressure on Brees, and we know what the Saints' defense tends to do when Brees can hang out and throw freely.

I'm still gonna wait to finalize my prediction, but my once supreme confidence in the Colts is a bit shaken for now.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21993
Right. The game is now (probowl) just a mundane insult. Why even try?

Money changes everything.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4208
I'd actually be really interested in watching like a pro bowl skills competition in the NFL. With all the trash talking that goes on and the hype about how fast these guys are, I would LOVE to see Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson and company actually line up and sprint against each other. I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning test who can throw the farthest and most accurately.

At least they could actually compete and put forth real effort with minimal injury risk. Playing football cautiously just isn't football.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22002
But you bring up a good argument. Some will say you're only at your best under pressure or in "combat". Maybe the adrenaline isn't pumping during a sprint run against 5 other receivers in an exhibition but it is in the 4th quarter of a Superbowl.

Again, it's all about $$. Not to mention the condition of said players the day of said match up lol. How many of the pro bowl players do think went to bed/sober on time the night before as opposed to the Superbowl?

One is a game and the other is their future..........

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5578
I agree with all of that Ehren, all I was saying is that Brock will be better than a 50% Freeney and he is much too strong and quick for the Saints to just ignore him. He could surprise with a big game.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4214
I hear ya. After listening to some of the analysis on espn today I'm a little less worried. A lot of people are calling Brock "by far the best #3 defensive end in the league". I still think they'll miss Freeney's pass rush, but if Brock is a small upgrade at run D and tackling like they say, the Colts should be fine.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10733

quote:

but if Brock is a small upgrade at run D and tackling like they say, the Colts should be fine.

damn.....

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5582
The more the days go on and I really analyze this -- the Colts are going to beat the Saints. And it's not at all because of the last three games. The Saints got lucky a few times along the way. They just don't strike me as an elite team when the money is on the line like this. Manning tore the Jets up... and this is a far easier matchup. Whatever you throw at PM, he picks it up and changes the play. I think this will confuse the Saints D and cause matchup issues.

Nobody has been able to cover Dallas all year, dude is a phenomenon... and if you double him, Manning will just hit Garcon, Wayne or Adai. Too many weapons, and any time you give PM two weeks to figure you out... you're in for a long day. Solid enough run game to not be able to ignore it, which opens up the element of surprise for Manning, and then throw in his Field General play calling, fuhgetaboutit. As much as the Saints deserve this for all that has happened to that city and state, they are overmatched here.

Colts 31, Saints 20

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10738
damn the odds, and damn speculating.

LET THE GAME(S) BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1389
So whose putting money on this?

How much?

I got $50 on Colts

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22024
That would be the safe bet.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1390
yep :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15943
I have a G note on the Saints with the 5 1/2...I'm playing with "Emilio's" money anyways, most of the year, and every week in the playoffs so far....lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22025
If the Saints win I'll send a free knife (pocket or tactical) to everyone who posts their name in this thread within one hour of this post. All I ask is you pay $2.50 shipping. Your choice from my online store.

Let the game begin.

http://www.stainlesssteals.ecrater.com

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22027
Aww shucks. Sorry fellas lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4221
Worst game ever.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22030

I guess it was. Yet I'm less poorer from my gamble so......

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11802
I posted right after you Paul :-(

It must have gone away. Must be one of those glitches in this forum......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22034
I DO wanna promote my business Yanks. How's this deal sound? If anyone can guess the game's halftime total score I will send them 2 free knives shipped free. Anyone guessing the final total score will get 5 shipped free!

Any players?

This deal is valid only if you post in this thread within 6 hours of this post. (Yeah I know nobody posted before but it's free. Sheesh).

There is no gamble here guys. Simply my way of saying thanks, for basically being who you are lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4222

quote:

Posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 01:29 am

Fail.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22035

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4223
Well today's the day. After initially feeling strongly about a Colts win, and then second guessing when Freeney got injured, I've seen the light again. I think the Colts are a better team, and I don't think it's that close. I like the Colts to not only win, but to win handily.

Ultimately the one aspect of this game I feel most certain about, is that the Saints defense attempting to stop the Colts passing game, is kind of a joke. Peyton's gonna throw for 350/3 with ease. The Colts have the superbowl experience, they have the better defense, the better play makers...

Colts 37, Saints 24

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22047
My $$ would be on the Colts as well, as a gambling man. As a football fan I have to reserve that small side of me that wants to see a superbowl worthy game. Typically the Colts are a 4th quarter team. They had what, 7 games this year where they trailed in the 4th quarter and won every single one of them? THAT sets up a possibly great scenario for a nail biter down to the end. Will it be though? I don't think so. I think Peyton and his offense are going to go for the jugular early. Like I said earlier the Saints have to eliminate turnovers and run the ball to keep the Colts off the field to keep the candle burning. Bush positively can't drop the ball even once either.

I expect a lot of stupid mistakes like you typically see in any superbowl due to the pressure of playing in it. I just see the Saints making more of them.

Saints:

Run, run, run
Zero turnovers
No settling for field goals
Go for Peyton's knees

Colts:

Just do what you do.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15957
LMAO...Who Dat...Saints marched all over the Colts...Brees gets SB MVP, as he deserved!....Manning was never a positive factor after the first half!...he never could walk on water like many thought...

Saints 31
Colts 17

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 765
Saints killed it

Bronze Member
Username: James_millard

Post Number: 40
Seems somebody here should EAT CROW.....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22053
Shoot I'll admit it.The game was anything but expected. The Saints spent more time in the air than I thought and it was a relatively low scoring first half. The call to make an onside kick to begin the second half was brilliant. Brilliant only when it works so the gamble paid off. I'm sure Peyton would give a year's salary to get that interception back though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15959
A few should be eating a few crows...lol

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10748
yes.....

yeeeeeees....

i had what i like to call, Faith, in the Saints.
I didn't crunch any numbers, i didn't bone over any spreads, i just believed somehow, someway, they wanted it more, and would complete my dream of crushing Peyton Manning's dream.

lol, that and i always tend to go for the underdogs. unless its the Cardinals. wtf.....is a Cardinal? ghey

Vikings - Colts would have been a good game too tho.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4235
A cardinal is bird you paste eater. We see them a lot around here. They're quite beautiful.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15963
damm..here I was thinking all along they were religious men, sent over by the Vatican....

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10750
i know what an effin Cardinal is, but as a might mascot for a football team.....nah.

i want to pour an entire pitcher of red kool-aid on ur head sometimes, pit. and then p33 laughing. :-)

and right before i hit "post this message" i read LK's post and i HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAd all the way to the button. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15965
Muddy , ya made a good point...some teams really have "girly" weak odd names...not strong, and fearsome at all...

Cardinals
Dolphins
Saints
Browns

unlike these strong names..

Vikings
Giants
Patriots
Steelers
Chargers
Lions

hmmm.."Packers" now thats one of them real strange team names...lol