Time Warner loses 18 channels!!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3203
LOS ANGELES -- "SpongeBob SquarePants" might get squeezed off Time Warner Cable.

Media giant Viacom Inc. said its Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and 16 other channels will go dark for 13 million subscribers at 12:01 a.m. Thursday if a new carriage fee deal with Time Warner Cable Inc. is not agreed upon by then.

The impasse would mean "SpongeBob" and other popular shows like Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" will be cut off on the nation's second-largest cable operator. Time Warner Cable primarily serves people in New York state, the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California and Texas.

Viacom has asked for fee increases of between 22 percent and 36 percent per channel, or a total of $39 million more, an amount that could increase customers' cable bills, said Time Warner Cable spokesman Alex Dudley.

"The issue is that they have asked for an exorbitant increase in their carriage fees and their network ratings are sagging," Dudley said. "Basically we're trying to hold the line for our customer."

Viacom spokeswoman Kelly McAndrew disputed the figure, saying Viacom requested an increase in the very low double-digit percentage range.

Viacom said the increases would cost an extra 23 cents a month per subscriber. It said that Americans spend a fifth of their TV time watching Viacom shows but its fees make up less than 2.5 percent of the Time Warner cable bill.

"We make this request because Time Warner Cable has so greatly undervalued our channels for so long," Viacom said.

Channels included are listed at the bottom of this site:
http://www.iwantmychannelsback.com/

WTF? :-(

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19512
"Viacom has asked for fee increases of between 22 percent and 36 percent per channel, or a total of $39 million more, an amount that could increase customers' cable bills"

Ya think?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5014
I saw something about this last night on a channnel but I caught it in the middle and never saw what it was about. So yet again Time Warner drops the ball after raising our rates every single year. They somehow think that a 23 cent monthly increase for some customers favorite channel pack will phase us after enduring price hikes for years. TW and Viacom are mortal enemies.

I pay over $100 a month for my three DVR's and "multiple location" hookups with 29 movie channels. They could have added 23 cents to my bill and I wouldn't have even noticed. This is far from over...

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3207
It's some baby back bullshit!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5015
OK Chadmist

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3208
Lol

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3211
Good news. Looks like they came to an agreement.

Look again: http://www.iwantmychannelsback.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 89
I don't waste my time with Time Warner...anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us