Computer and Network Question

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2381
ok, at my computer we have a computer technician that is soo stupid. After we finish our work we like to get on the internet and check out espn and sometime play some bloons tower defense. well he's been monitoring our use, and whatever page we are on that day, we come back the next day and that site is blocked. there used to be a password but everyone knew it so he took it off, and after 3 visits to a "blocked" webiste the internet shuts down on abuse lockdown.

Is this legal?

Also i was wanting to know if you can make a website "unblockable"

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19239
Of course it's legal. My company does the same thing. We work off a network called Citrix. The company's web filter prevents any website from loading with such words in it like sports, shopping, forum, ect. They can block any non work related site they deem necessary. Some have been fired for internet abuse during work hours. With networks taking a beating with all the bandwidth drawn to surfing the net it forces company's to prevent it. Not to mention the time you're on the net equals time away from your job.

As far as getting around it I wouldn't justify losing my job over it. Wait till you get home.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4862
There are many studies on the hours wasted online by employees so most companies are now aware and are trying to limit it.

The easiest way is to use http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html. Select English to English in the dropdown and type in an address. It acts as a proxy, and you should be able to go anywhere you want. If your IT blocks that site too, send the link = http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html to whatever email you can access other than Outlook and go to the site from there.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2382
I meant to type at my school. Like this is every computer in out school system.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19240
Ahhh. Ok then!

I have no clue then.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4864
Same concept and workaround.

Gold Member