Inbred Hillbillies Attempt Assassination

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4494
DENVER (AP) -- Authorities investigating a possible plot to assassinate Barack Obama at the Democratic National Convention have three men in custody -- including one found with high-powered rifles, three fake IDs and two wigs in a truck -- but they expressed doubts Tuesday that the suspects had posed a credible threat.

The men arrested Sunday face drug and gun counts but are not expected to be charged with making threatening statements, conspiracy or other national-security-related crimes, according to a federal law enforcement official in Denver who spoke on condition of anonymity because the charges have not yet been filed.

Obama will become the first black nominee for president by a major party at this week's convention. One of the men arrested, Nathan Johnson, told a Denver TV station that others involved in the case had made racist statements regarding Obama and had discussed killing him Thursday, the day of his acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High.

"He don't belong in political office. Blacks don't belong in political office. He ought to be shot," Johnson told KCNC-TV Monday in a late-night interview from jail, where he was being held on drug charges.

When asked whether he felt there was a plot to kill Obama, Johnson said, "Looking back at it, I don't want to say yes, but I don't want to say no." He said he wasn't involved in any plot.

By Tuesday, Johnson was declining media requests for interviews. He did not speak at a bond hearing where he was given $10,000 bond. The low bond amount, though, indicated authorities don't believe he was capable of assassinating Obama.

"We're absolutely confident there is no credible threat to the candidate, the Democratic National Convention, or the people of Colorado," U.S. Attorney Troy Eid said in a statement.

The assassination investigation was triggered after police in Aurora, a suburb east of Denver, stopped a truck that was swerving erratically around 1:30 a.m. Sunday. The driver, 28-year-old Tharin Gartrell, had a suspended driver's license, and the truck was rented in the name of another person, said Aurora police Detective Marcus Dudley.

Aurora police Lt. Bob Stef said police saw two scoped rifles, two wigs, camouflage clothing, a bulletproof vest and two walkie-talkies in the truck. A search also revealed 4.4 grams of what police believed to be methamphetamine and three IDs in other people's names, Stef said.

Johnson, 32, and Shawn Robert Adolf, 33, were arrested in area hotel rooms after interviews with Gartrell. Adolf jumped out a sixth-story window of a hotel when police arrived Sunday. He broke his ankle in the fall but tried to run before police found him a short distance away.

Three senior FBI officials said it's unclear whether shooters could have had a clear path to hit the stage from outside the convention hall. At least two of the men may have had white supremacist ties, the officials said, adding that it was unclear whether any of them were serious about carrying out threats. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

A fourth federal official familiar with the investigation said an assassination attempt was unlikely.

"The capability and their opportunity and what they had for their weaponry -- I don't see that they would have been able to carry it out," the official said on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17936
Yo isn't that Vanilla Ice on the left?

In reality Obama will face many bullets.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1007
Hillbillies indeed

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3475
Brad that was kind of rude for you to photoshop Reece's picture in next to that Vanilla Ice lookin mofo. Oh well.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1452
Adolf,

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3143
roflmao at Ehren

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2361
Hey Vanilla Ice is a bad a*s mother f*cker! I wouldnt f*ck with him

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6126
good one, ehren. that really does look like that f4g dustin from here though.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3478
"good one, ehren."

Not really. I'm just trying to bait you into posting here more since your presence has been so sporadic lately.

Is Dustin the f*cking loser who was making "remember me" threads to get attention? That's pretty much what I figured he'd look like.

See you in the playoffs Reece :-)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6127
yeah that's him, ehren. and sorry, man. i've just been busy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us