Film - reviews, recommendations, discussion etc.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3292
"In Bruges" - 3.5*/4*

My Review: I didn't know much about this film going in, but what a pleasant surprise. "In Bruges" is tragically hilarious and at times leaves you unsure whether to cry or laugh hysterically. The relationship that develops between main characters Ken and Ray not only has an incredibly funny and interesting dichotomy, but also surprising depth and substance. A must see for anyone who is a fan of Colin Farrell, or doubts his acting ability. He is simply brilliant in this role.

Quote from In Bruges:

Ken: You coming up?

Ray: What's up there?

Ken: Well, the view.

Ray: The view of what? The view of down here? I can see that down here.

Ken: You are the worst tourist, Ray.

Ray: Look, Ken. I grew up in Dublin, and I love Dublin. If I had grown up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me. But I didn't, so it doesn't.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21482
my cousin vinny

My review: this film is very funny and clever. also marisa tomei is a great supporting actress.

Quotes from my cousin vinny:

Lisa: How's your Chinese food?
Vinny: You just keep asking about Chinese food. You gotta let everybody know you're a tourist?
Lisa: Yeah well what are you, a f**king world traveler?

Vinny: Is it possible that the two utes...
Judge Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?
Vinny: Uh... what word?
Judge Haller: Two what?
Vinny: What?
Judge Haller: Uh... did you say "utes"?
Vinny: Yeah, two utes.
Judge Haller: What is a ute?
Vinny: Oh, excuse me, Your Honor... two youths.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3293
Chad it also doesn't hurt that Marisa Tomei is a mega-babe!

BTW I created this thread because the movies section sucks and no one posts there. I always wanna talk movies but i feel silly starting a new thread for each flick.

I've been on a movie rental stint lately, and my list of movies-to-see is getting very short so i'm looking for some good recommendations.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6032
Don't go see The Love Guru.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9677
LOL yeah Chad that movie is funny

That looks funny too Pitbull

Whats up with Love Guru Reece

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3295
In case I made "In Bruges" sound kind of boring, let me add that the film also includes the following...

1. A dwarf who becomes very racist when using coca!ne.

2. Belgian prostitutes.

3. A sexy drug dealer named Chloe.

4. Guns, violence, murder.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2183
Yea Ive been wanting to see In Bruges for awhile now after hearing good reviews about it. So I just DL a good torrent of it but havent watched it yet.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3300
"The Hills Have Eyes" (2006) - 1*/4*

Review: As a big horror movie fan, this one kind of slipped by and I never got a chance to see it until now, despite very mixed reviews making me curious. What a piece of sh!t. The blatantly redundant violence and gore is completely worthless as the film offers almost zero tension and suspense. They give you no reason to care about any of the characters or what fate they may meet, as they make stupid, unrealistic decisions one after the other. The cleverly freakish wheelchair bound guy with the sweaty, swollen brain made me shift positions in my seat a little despite having already accepted boredom with this film, so that earned it exactly one star.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9698
yeah im not sure which hills have eyes movie I watched but it was so bad I stopped watching it mid movie and went outside to see if I could help my buddy fix a vehicle

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21528
Recount (2008) (TV)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1000771/

recount is a very nicely done movie. i know it wasn't at the theaters and was only on HBO but i believe you can get a dvd of this movie. if you can i suggest you go out and get it.

review: this movie is about mishap they had down there in florida during the presidential race between george w bush and al gore. the stuff that happened down there is really facinating and unbelievable. it makes you think about our government. its almost like you see bunch of monkeys running the government.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us