Avoiding insurance points

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15697
Not sure if it's true or not but worth trying don't ya think?

This is very important,because retired with 40years as an agent with nation wide insurence,and his brother is an agent with state farm,so you know they are telling you like as it is!!!

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET:

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent! This system has been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light, or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license and a surcharge on your auto insurance. This is a method to insure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for
$82.00, some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference. However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away !

Points are not assessed to your license until all Financial Transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an un mentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.
Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break.

Platinum Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6157
very interesting

Diamond Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15127
I think I read this long time ago and it was an old myth..I'll check out snopes.com..

But..between all the people here , and especially the younger wilder drivers, somebody here is bound to get popped within a week...so lets see if the authorities/courts even will take a check, and if so, accept one OVER the balance due...

Then lets see if they even get a refund of the balance...

and the clincher will be in about a year from now when its time for insurance renewal..then when the truth will be known and confirmed..

BTW.. I got bagged DUI over a year ago (my first offense ever) and court proceedings were finished in September, and in this state we renew insurance every 6 months...and I have renewed my insurance twice, once during the first 6 months of the arrest, and 2nd time was since court proceedings and all fines paid...and my insurance never changed or went up...and I'm up for the 3rd renewal fairly soon...my agent (who I trust) told me that I may NEVER get points or an increase, because the companies just don't go around checking on everybody and its common that they are NEVER notified by any agency...and here, they have to grab ya and be done with any increases before the end of the first 4 years of conviction ..so that "big computer in the sky" may not always exist or be on its toes..and ya may get lucky..

Diamond Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15128
OK...its FALSE, about overpaying the ticket...its NOT going to help ya ..

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15702
Well it was fun to read anyway.

Platinum Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3777
The easiest way to avoid insurance points.. Drive correctly.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15710
^^^Can't argue with that. Been driving for what, shoot almost 20 years now. Fug I'm old.

Anyway, in that time I've had two speeding tickets, several failure to show insurance card, (drop down from speeding), and one DWI, among many other stops I BS my way out of lol. I had just turned 21. I was at a tiddy bar. I rest my case.

Today I'm on the straight and narrow.

Don't drink and drive ppl. Thank god I didn't kill anyone when I did it. The stories are abundant and funny only when nobody gets hurt. (And I have many)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us