Los angeles lakers

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16827
the lakers are the hottest team in the nba. they have a shot at being champions again.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2608
that might be a stretch chad, but they are definitely legit. It's starting to be that time of year when i get really interested in the NBA. The Western conference playoffs are gonna be nuts. Seeds 1-8 are all gonna be dangerous teams. And in the East, well the east overall isn't great still but, the Celtics and Pistons can BOTH compete with the west in the finals, the Magic could stir things up. Should be fun!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13580
lol..lakers are not a contender at all this year...when the playoffs start...they will not have enough fire power to compete with the big boys.. San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, and even Denver...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3353
T-Wolves baby! McHale is easily GM of the year.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16830
chauncey, bynum is getting better and better. he is the lakers future.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16832
btw you got your 1 - 2 punch with kobe and bynum. not to mention lakers finally got a good point guard with derek fisher. also jordan farmar is getting to a point where he can be a starter. trevor ariza can explode off the bench.

lakers have depth that is better than majority of the team. sure come play off time and you got teams like the spurs who have mad experience but trust me lakers will be the team to beat this year. if they don't get the championship this year, they will next year for sure.

from the east i would worry more about the pistons than the celtics. celtics have shown what happens when one of the three isn't feeling well.

Silver Member
Username: Kewinn89

G-Bay, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 192
bynums out now, its all up to kwame brown lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2609
Chauncey the flakers almost beat the suns in the playoffs last season, and they're better this year. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them upset a team like Dallas, Phoenix or Denver. Don't forget, Kobe Bryant is hands down the best player in the NBA, dude can take over in the final minutes. no other late game assassins like him, period.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16833
"bynums out now, its all up to kwame brown lol

yeah i know. don't remind me. lol. it sux man. lakers can never be healthy.

pit it wasn't last season. it was the season before. last season lakers got their azzes handed to them. lol. that is why kobe was all crying about how he wants to be traded.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2610
you're right chad, my bad. But you get my point. Teams like Phoenix are built to be upset by a team like the Lakers. Phoenix plays NO defense. So if the Lakers hang with them for 40+ minutes, Kobe can beat anyone in the end cause he's the best late-game player there is.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16858
well it wouldn't be an upset this year. seeing as how the lakers beat them twice already.

i am telling you guys, the young players in the lakers are coming together now.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13586
"Chauncey the flakers almost beat the suns in the playoffs last season, and they're better this year."

Almost??? That doesnt count, and everybody is better this year

"Kobe Bryant is hands down the best player in the NBA"

Its debatable. :-)

In a fantasy Draft I wouldnt take him with my 1st pick

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2716
Blazers are doing great for a team that was supposed to be a lottery team. :-)

Blazers are in sole possession of first place in the NW division by 1 game. Have a better Div. and Conf. record than both Utah and Denver. Took the Utah series 3-1, are up in the Denver series 2-1.....And still get no love.....

Gonna be a tough game tomorrow though in Boston.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2613
Blazers are better than i thought. They'll probly beat Boston. Boston has finally come back to reality, they'll be racking up some losses.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16872
celtics have no depth. if one of the 3 gets injured then they are done.

even the sports analysts don't think the celtics will win it all.

the blazers are awesome this year. i love watching their games. everyone has so much energy. lol. i could only imagine how they'll be next year when oden is in the line up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2726
The Blazers are young and DEEP. They play every game like its a playoff game. Coach McMillan should be a great choice for coach of the year.

When Oden comes next year, even if he doesnt score a bunch of points, he is gonna be a HUGE defensive presence and help with our rebounding. Blazers also got Rudy Fernandez coming next year. Blazers also have one of the lowest payrolls in the NBA and an owner with deep pockets. We will be clearing up some cap space after next season as well. The future looks bright again for the T-Blazers.

To be honest, I would be happy even if the Blazers dont make the playoffs. They were supposed to be a lottery team. The playoffs would be an added bonus. There is nothing but up for this young great team.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16873
yeah the future does look bright for the blazers. but the bad part is that so does the lakers. lol. blazers will always have the lakers to beat. its funny cause everytime the blazers get a team together that can win the west, the lakers are always there to stop them. lol. lakers are the blazers cryptonite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2618
i do admit the blazers roster is better than i previously thought. HOWEVER, i stand by my opinion of Greg Oden, he will be a bust.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2735
Blazers played a tough game but lost. :-( Still proud of them though.

Silver Member
Username: Kewinn89

G-Bay, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 194
next stop for the heat the blazers man its sucks to be a heat fan these days

Gold Member

Post Number: 2625
the Heat are shockingly bad. like i thought they'd have an off year, but jeez they're like B league.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3600
lakers have injury issues... i wouldn't be surprised if odom is hurt by the end of the season too... team to beat in the west is the Suns... the spurs have fallen off their high horse, and the trailblazers lack experience...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2635
funny thing is, i can't really disagree that the suns are the best right now, and yet IMO they look really unimpressive. I think the west is WIIIDDDDEEEE open.

Platinum Member

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17119
one of the most exciting team to watch are the denver nuggets. bunch of olley-oops. lol.

wtf is wrong with lamar odom. first bynum steps on lamar odom and gets hurt and won't return for two months. now during practice trevor ariza steps on odoms foot and is out for 2 months. lol. damn odom.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2804
This is one of the few times that I will root for the Lakers...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17120
lol you just want your blazers to move in to that first place slot. lol.

lakers are killing them right now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2806
Why yes....yes I do. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2810
Thuggets handled by LA...Blazers back in first. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17140
there are mixed feelings about the lakers and the blazers by the nba analysts. some believe the blazers and the lakers are for real and some don't.

i guess they'll just have to prove it come playoffs.

Gold Member

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2714
WOW, lakers just got Pau Gasol for Kwame and some draft picks. Kobe + Gasol & Bynum? Sick.

Things just got more interesting!

Gold Member

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3818
lebron still owned them a week or so ago

Gold Member

Post Number: 2715
without Gasol, without Bynum.

besides Lebron is overrated and the Cavs are going NOWHERE this season.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2937
Just made the West even more crazy than it already is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2719
seriously Naledge. the sh!t is wild man.

Hornets in 1st place. WTF? Chris Paul is so sick he makes me nauseous!

Bronze Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 79
It's about time those Piston boys wrap thangs back up again and I'm with Brad as far as Kevin Mc Hale as GM OF THE YEAR. As a player Mc Hale was a true power forward with those championship squads Boston had. I used to watch him spank on the Lakers and Sixers although the Celtics had a all around team. Watch out though, them damn Celtics can make some power moves in the East.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3826
lebron is overrated? riiight. if the cavs pull j kidd they will own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2730
Damn right Lebron is overrated. He's great but not as great as so many people think he is, thus, overrated.

His outside jumper is SAD, he struggles with free throws when the game is on the line, he has NEVER hit a buzzer beater game winner/tie'er despite a number of opportunities. He has the ability to make amazing passes at times, but doesn't do it consistently like a magic johnson, steve nash type player.

I think he'll get better than he is now, but currently he's overrated. if the cavs get J Kidd though i agree that'd be retarded.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 83
Lebron is the mutha-f@ckin man. He singlehandedly took the Cavaliers to the championship and if he had a decent guard let alone a dominating center, Cleveland takes over the East like Jordan did with Chicago.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2732
OMFG please, for the love of god, i am truly begging you, do NOT compare Lebron to Jordan. That is asinine.

Maybe one day he will be, hell i hope he is, it'll be great to watch, i don't dislike Lebron. But to this point in his career, he has only DREAMT of taking over games the way Jordan did almost every time he took the court.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 801
ehren, lebron just made the game winning shot when the cavs played the lakers last week. and i do not see how you can say he is overrated...averaging 30 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals,1 block, 1.5 3's, and shoots 48 percent from the field.
he is also an underrated defender. when the cavs played the lakers last week, he guarded kobe (who is arguably the best scorer in the nba) for the entire fourth quarter and kobe was something like 1 for 7 or 2 for 7 in the fourth. lebron just shut him down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2976
OT from the Lakers. But it involves the West. And this seems to be the NBA thread

Trade rumor. Shaq to the Suns for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks?

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1787
Gasol looked great in his Lakers debut!

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17839
hell yeah. its lakers time again. as soon as bynum gets healthy, the lakers will own the west just like the good old days. lol.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17841
jerry west ftw!!! i guess once a laker you are always a laker. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2753
The Lakers are DEFINITELY a title contender now.

Phoenix getting Shaq is crazy, super high risk/reward IMO for them to give up Shawn Marion for him. If Shaq is rejuvinated like he has been so many times in his career, watch out for phoenix. But at his age, maybe his body doesn't have another "rebound" left in it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2980
The trade is official.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17862
yeah i saw that.

i just don't understand what shaq is doing. he is being traded from one team to another like a cheap hooker. the guy should just retire and save himself the humiliation. he already has 4 rings and enough money. now it just seems like he is a has-been player who just can't give up the game. sure he is still very dominant. but he can't play the full game cause he get tired. also people are able to take him on. he isn't like he used to be.

btw, when he does get inducted to the hall of fame, he will be as a laker. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2983
Shawn Marion wanted out of Phoenix. This trade is made for the playoffs. The Suns will make it to the playoffs and that is where Shaq will come into play. They are trying to get a fast ring.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2755
It's risky but Phoenix HAD to do this. As impressive as their fast running high scoring style is, it's also the reason why they get beat in the playoffs every year.

They need a big presence at center and it sure as hell isn't Amare. Amare is awesome but he's not a real center, he's a PF who can play center when needed. This is why they get killed on the boards every night.

Even if Shaq can be healthy enuff to play limited minutes it should make a difference.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 96
'' i just don't understand what shaq is doing. he is being traded from one team to another like a cheap hooker ''

Chad, it's just his love for the game, like your love for subwoofers.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 163
more like an expensive hooker...4 teams is not that many for the amount of time he has played

Gold Member

Post Number: 3894
"His outside jumper is SAD"

Did you happen to catch him in the 4th against the Lakers? How about against the Blazers? How about LAST NIGHT?!

The amazing thing about Lebron is HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SHOOT LIGHTS OUT. He can beat you in every other way, and if he has to shoot, he will shoot. Quite efficiently I might add.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 97
x 2 Reece.

Lebron might not be Jordan but he's close. He's doing the SAME shyt M.J. did in his younger years and Jordan had a team that was mediocre around him as of Lebron, HE HAS NO SUPPORTING CAST. The rate Lebron's going as far as scoring, he'll MAYBE surpass Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar if he stays healthy. Overall Lebron is a True athlete and a excellent role model for the youngsters.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17866
eldog mike......well put. lol. hahaha.

daniel you are right. 4 teams isn't much for a regular basketball player. but a great player usually stays in one team and retire in one team.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17867
btw the lakers lost a close one. lol. damn they just went cold toward the end.:-(

can't wait til bynum comes back. once he does, their front court is going to be awesome.

gasol, odom, and bynum. of course you got bryant in the back court. damn what a team it is. also the depth the lakers have. walton, sasha, farmar, radmonivic, and turiaf.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 174
lebron will not be jordan...jordan was the best of all time. not the best stats but he was so clutch its crazy. game winners were automatic from MJ.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17891
stupid luke walton is going out with lindsay lohan. ahhhhhh wtf.

its nearly impossible for a player to be like jordan these days. back when jordan was dominating, the rest of the league skills were not as good as they are now.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 110
I don't know about that Chad. When Jordan was playing, the game was more physical and there were superstar greats playing in the league.
Larry Bird and that whole Celtics squad; L.A. Lakers with Magic and Abdul Jabbar; Houston Rockets with Olajuwon; Utah Jazz with the Mailman, Stockton and Hornacek; Portland with my boy Clyde Drexler; Orlando Magic and the N.Y. Knicks with their all-around teams; Detroit Pistons with Isaiah Thomas, Dumars, Rodman and Bill Laimbeer; Philly with Dr. J and Charles Barkley.

So you see Chad, the game was way more physical in the 80's and 90's than today and there was an abundant of stars.

I definitely agree with you on Jordan. To me he's the best overall player that EVER stepped on the court but the way Lebron's playing, the skies the limit...he'll surpass Abdul Jabbar, Jordan and Mailman Malone's all time points, I'll guarantee you all.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17896
lol yeah when you put it like that i kinda realize how awesome jordan was. forgot all about those greats. lol.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17897
can't believe you left out david robinson. :-)

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 175
the admiral?hahahaha david robinson was a badass

what about kemp?

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17898
ah yes. this is bring back some memories now. lol.

shawn kemp was awesome too. kemp and payton was like stockton and malone. but it seems like pg/pf combo don't work out as well as sg/c combo.

payton/kemp.....no championship
stockton/malone......no
marbury/garnett......nada

bryant/oneil......3 time champions
wade/oneil........3 time champs
magic/abdul-jabar.....? champs. lol. i know i know magic was a pg.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17899
wade/oneil should only read 1 champ.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 176
haha magic was a beast of a PG at 6'8"

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17900
yeah he was. his baby sky hooks were awesome. not to mention his trademarked no-look passes. lol. for a guy that big he sure could move. i heard in high school his coach wanted him to play forward but he refused.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17901
oh and we can't forget about big game james, norm nixon, and the best 6th man michael cooper.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2986
Man those were the days....

Scottie Pippen, James Worthy, Patrick Ewing.

How about some good players, not great but pretty good ones?

Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, AC Green.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 112
My fault fellas. The Sonics with Kemp, Hersey Hawkins and Payton were very good but couldn't beat the bigwigs then like Portland, L.A., Utah and Phoenix. The West was tough then and it still is. Myself I was a big time Lakers fan because Abdul Jabbar and Magic were just so damn phenomenal. David Robinson was a good center but it had to take Tim Duncan's help to get Robinson a championship. Robinson was a injury-prone player but when healthy, he's a dominating rebounder and shot blocker. He played excellent defense.
Another thing Chad, James Worthy and Michael Cooper were a major factor in those championship. Cooper was a master at the 3 point and free throw lines and Worthy's one step off the dribble was one of the fastest EVER, no lie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2764
"When Jordan was playing, the game was more physical and there were superstar greats playing in the league"

ABSOLUTELY. When a guy averages 25-30 ppg now, it's commonplace. Jordan had wayyyy stiffer competition to go against than guys do right now. The game has less emphasis on D these days.

Also, Clevelands supporting cast is underrated. People act like he has nothing to work with and it's just not the case. There is no other "superstar" i'll agree, but he has plenty around him. Varejo & Gooden are big, tough, scrappy guys, Ilgauskas holds down the paint, Gibson, Pavlovich, Marshall, Hughs can all shoot well.

"he was so clutch its crazy. game winners were automatic from MJ."

thank you. Lebrons numbers are great, and i'm sure they always will be. But he is not on Jordans level by ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION when it comes to being clutch, and single handedly taking over a game. At the end of a game MJ just imposed his will like no matter what you do you can't fu<king beat me, period.

I haven't seen many Cavs games this season, if Lebron has made a couple GW's, good for him, it's about damn time. Give him enuff opportunities, which he's had TONS of cuz he's the obvious go to guy on his team, and of course he'll make some. He hasn't done anything to prove himself as a consistently clutch player.

The only guy to even come close to being on Jordans level since him, is Kobe. Love him or hate him the guy is an assassin, he will take over at the end of a big game, and hit game winners like they are free throws.

Besides Scottie Pippen, every player from the Bulls 6 title seasons will be forever remembered as better than they really were cause playing on MJ's team made it so easy for everyone else.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 113
Everything you've stated Pit. x2
Self explanatory bro.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2992
"Besides Scottie Pippen, every player from the Bulls 6 title seasons will be forever remembered as better than they really were cause playing on MJ's team made it so easy for everyone else."

Hey dont forget about Rodman.

* 5 time NBA Champion (1989 & 1990 (Detroit), 1996--98 (Chicago))
* All-NBA Third Team (1992, 1995)
* NBA All-Star Team (1990, 1992)
* NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award (1990, 1991)
* NBA All-Defensive First Team (1989--93, 1995, 1996)
* NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1994)
* NBA Top Rebounds Per Game (1992--98)
* NBA Top Rebound Rate (1991--98)
* NBA Top Total Rebounds (1992--94, 1998)
* NBA Top Offensive Rebounds (1991--94, 1996, 1997)
* NBA Top Defensive Rebounds (1992, 1994, 1998)
* NBA Top Field Goal Percentage (1989)

Upload

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17911
this season is shaping up to be an awesome season in the nba. the west keeps getting stacked (should i say shaqed lol). also gasol coming here to los angeles just makes things alot more fun. but i think we are gonna see the classic lakers vs celtics in the end. maybe not at the end of this season but by next season for sure.

kevin mc hale delivered KG to save danny ainge's azz. just like that jerry west handed the lakers gasol. lol. classic lakers vs celtics i tell you. hahahahahaha.

like they say in the commercials, I LOVE THIS GAME!

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 114
Rodman was a f@cking animal when he played for Detroit. That was when he was a normal dude. Skinny as hell and Rodman was a a extremely fierce rebounder.

Dennis Rodman
Rick Mahorn
Bill Laimbeer
Isaiah Thomas
Joe Dumars

This squad in the late 80's to the early 90's dominated the NBA beating the Lakers and Portland in those championships.
Everybody sleeps on them Piston boys, or should I say those Bad Boys of Detroit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2996
I used to love Rodman. I even read his book, "Bad As I Wanna Be"

And please dont remind me how my Portland team lost to Detroit and Chicago in the finals...haha

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17912
don't worry jesse. portland will put up a fight against the lakers now.

if i recall back when lakers won 3 straight with shaq and kobe, robert horry made a 3 pointer plus a foul to win the game for the lakers. i think the game would of been tied if it was just the three pointer but the foul just did it.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 115
My fault Jesse. I liked Portland because I was a Drexler fan but they couldn't spank those Bad Boys of Detroit.

Jerome Kersey and Terry Porter were major, major factors in those Portland runs. Portland did Kersey wrong though. He was a force in the paint with his wide body and Porter was a streak shootin mutha f@cka that took the pressure off Drexler.

THAT WAS GOOD OLD SCHOOL BASKETBALL THEN.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 180
"At the end of a game MJ just imposed his will like no matter what you do you can't fu<king beat me, period."

I love it...

On a seperate note Kobe is (in my opinion) playing the best ball I have seen out of him. He is really doing it all even defense - for once

Even with Kobe playing the best basketball...The lakers will get out of the west any time soon. They would have to beat some serious teams...

SPURS vs PISTONS in the NBA CHIP

Gold Member

Post Number: 3001
The Blazers lost to the Lakers a few times when it mattered most. The one that sticks out in my mind is the phenomenal choke job that the blazers had in game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals. Blowing a 15 minute late 4th quarter lead and losing by 5. I cannot describe the stomach dropping, depressing feeling I had. I literally wanted to cry. Good thing I smoked the green stuff back then...

x2 Eldog, that was some good physical ball played back then.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13236
I'm not a b-ball fan but I was caught surfing the tv and always stopped to watch Jordan play many a time. He just had a style and grace about him. Ok forget the missed traveling and other penalties the refs refused to call him for, he made the game exciting. Chicago is half way across the country from me yet I liked the team.

Maybe because I'm from Pittsburgh where we had no team lol.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17989
lakers win a close game in orlando. orlando is leading their division so they are a good team. dwight howard is a beast. but lakers proved to be better.

is it just me or are the nuggets an awesme team to watch. all they do is dunk. lol. iverson and anthony combo ftw.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 118
''It's nearly impossible for a player to be like jordan these days''

So very, very true Chad BUT Lebron and your boy Kobe are very close. I'm not a fan of Kobe at all but he's got major game and he's very smart on the court but he's a crybaby and acts stuck up plus he's selfish.
As far as Lebron, we have about 10 to 12 years to peep the rest of his game. I really like this kid, he's the opposite of Kobe.

The Denver Nuggets are another story. I'm another Iverson fan from day one and although Denver is looking good, they just don't have a shot at anything big down the stretch. The WILD, WILD WEST is too strong for Denver to make something happen.

We'll see about them Laker boys Chad. It's still early, you'll know something around May/ June.

Platinum Member

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 18044
lebron is a badazz. no doubt about it. kobe is getting better on the stuck up part. still a cry baby though. lol. he is happy now since gasol came over. really happy.

btw anthony and the nuggets are putting a hurt on lebron right now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3028
It doesnt help that the Cavs are missing Varejao, Gibson, Gooden, and Pavlovic tonight. They already need Lebron bad enough when those guys do play.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 128
The Finess West and the Beast East. Detroit SHOULD have the East wrapped and the West is always decided late because of all the competition and talent. Chad and Jessie, keep your fingers crossed guys.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18279
some bullsh!t going on in the nba.

if some of you haven't heard, kobe bryant torn a ligament in his pinky. well kobe is deciding whether he shoud get surgery (which will sideline him for 6-8 weeks) or just play out the season and the playoffs (since he can play with a bad pinky).

the bullsh!t is nba's commisioner david stern is forcing kobe to start in the all star game if he isn't going to get surgery. they figured if he is well enough to play for his team then he is well enough to play in the all start game.

kobe needs whatever treatment he can get without getting surgery right now and the nba all star game isn't going to help.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 306
kobe is a bad man. i think the pinky can wait for the end of the season - some have played with broken pinkys im sure...

that is bullshit that d stern is doing that though. i never liked stern...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18285
its all about $$$$. kobe bryant brings $$$$ for the league. lol. everywhere lakers go they sell out.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 309
he is for sure an icon

who doesn't want to see someone capalbe of dropping 50 on any given night?

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 310
capable*

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18530
the lakers are for real boys and girls. they just man handled the suns in phoenix. it wasn't a blow out by lakers had the lead the whole game. they lost the lead real qucik but got it back and kept it.

shaq or no shaq, suns don't have a chance in phoenix. at least not this year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2839
Lakers look sick. They don't even have Bynum right now, crazy.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18531
could you believe the 9th place team in the west has 32-21 record? its insane. with that record you would have the 4th seed in the east. lol.

classic lakers vs celtics in the finals.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 390
the lakers vs suns was a very close game. amari had like 35 and 15 and shaq played well in the 4th quarter.

kobe hit his clutch shots when the suns were getting close and then just pulled away.(hes now the 3rd all time in 40+ games)

celtics are not deep enough on the bench to last for the finals...sheed, prince, and hamilton can match up with kg, pierce, and allen but billups will make rajon look like a child

Gold Member

Post Number: 2840
agreed, Pistons will take out the Celts.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18532
what weekend this is going to be in the nba. suns will take on the celtics friday and pistons on sunday. can't wait to see what shaq does on both of those games.

as far as lakers go, they showed yesterday they can match up against any team. they went small with the suns yesterday and played well. i just can't wait til bynum comes back and gasol moves to the pf position. it is going to be insane.

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

then you got radmonovic, sasha, walton, farmar, and trevor ariza ready to come off the bench and easily have a 10+ points game. its show time again. lol.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 392
the west is so tough though.

lakers, jazz, hornets, spurs, mavs, and the suns

anyone see the mavs game? i saw the highlights and j kidd looked lost

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18533
yeah he did. but still an upgrade from devon harris. he'll pick it up. they need a big man so nowitzki can move to the power forward position. not to mention chris paul was a beast yesterday. even though the hornets have the best record, i don't think it will last them in the playoffs.

i still think the spurs are the team to beat in the west. even though they may not play their best basketball during the season, they step it up come playoff time.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18534
btw i've noticed that the lakers and the cavs get alot of national televised games. more than teams like the celtics, hornets, or the pistons who have the best records. is it cause of kobe and lebron?

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 393
the lakers are looking nice but you know the spurs dont even try in the reg season

hornets are hot like fire too. i think the western playoffs are going to be sick

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18535
yep. a team with .600 record might not even make the playoffs. lol. its insane out here.

lakers vs cavs on abc a few sundays ago had the highest rating in nba. that game had more viewers than last years nba finals.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 394
that is it for sure. lebron and kobe make the money, they sell jerseys/shoes, they fill the arena, and put up huge numbers.

devon harris can play ball they just needed someone with experience and kidd is a vet. he just has to get used to the team. the mavs still dont have enough to get deep in the playoffs though. IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3258
Yao broke his foot and is out for the rest of the season.

Blazers play the Lakers tonight:-( Roy is injured and Im not sure he's playing tonight. Either way, Blazers have been shooting like sh!t. Lakers win by double digits.

Dont get to happy Chad....its just the Blazers. lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18910
lol jesse. the lakers will win it all this year. so if the blazers lose tonight, they are losing to the new champions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us