How about ignore/block?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1628
Hey Admin! If you're not going to do the perfect thing, which is to ban Jan Vigne, you could at least do the decent thing. The decent thing would be to install a block/ignore button. This way if a member, in this case me, doesn't want to see posts made by another member, like Jan, I could simply click on his name and an option labled either "block" or "ignore" would pop up. Once I click on this, I don't have to see any of Jan's posts until and unless I decide to unblock or unignore him. Of course, there is a better chance of finding a margarita on the moon than there would be of me ever unblocking Jan, but that option should be there just in case.

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1378
Interesting. So you're conveniently ignoring all of your insulting emails towards Jan ? Should I post some of them here James ?

This crap is rarely one sided James, and it certainly hasn't been between you and Jan. You've had some pretty disgusting posts of your own, that would qualify for bandom without question. Funny how you always forget that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1631
Chris, in case this is not abundantly obvious to you, I just plainly don't like Jan. My propsed solution here would make it so that I don't have to see any of Jan's posts. You and his other followers don't have to see me respond to him. Sounds like a win/win to me!

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1383
Growing up is another option James.

"I just plainly don't like Jan." Playground stuff. Geez.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1673
So, what you're telling me Chris, is that you'd rather see the fight go on. Right?

You, Jan and the rest of his faithful followers are really something there little buddy. All of you expect me to take the full blame for everything. That's a childish and unrealistic expectation. It takes two people to fight, not just one. None of you can see that though. So, I suggest an ignore/block feature to the admin and you're STILL NOT HAPPY? WTF!?!? Such a feature would make it so that I don't have to see what Jan says. I can't respond to what I can't see. The fighting then stops. Your response here states clearly that you'd rather see the fighting continue. And you have the nerve to accuse me of hypocrisy? Of contradicting myself? I don't think so pal! You better re-examine your own statements there little one.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16540
Super

Chris is Jan then can see your Emails!

Believe me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1675
Plym, Chris NOT Jan. Please give up on that already!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
Also Plym, please stop making posts regarding Jan's bannishment from stereophile. I posted that a few times, but not for the purpose of turning people against Jan. I did it for the sole purpose of making sure that if people are going to choose to continue to be friends with Jan, they do so more informed. In other words, if people want to continue to speak with Jan, they should do so knowing the full measure of what he's all about and therefore make an informed decission. Obviously, those guys have made their choice and posting said links will only serve to add fuel to the fire.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24963
Personally I think that would make a confusing forum superjazzyjames. Think about it. Say you enter a thread and start responding to a member's question that's already been answered by another member you've "blocked" from view. Or worse yet a thread where there are multiple "blocked" members from your list. The dialogue would start to feel like a riddle as you attempt to piece together the flow of the thread.

I say this cause I've read threads before where the admin has deleted reported posts and you're left scrambling to make sense of a discussion that has more holes in it than a pasta strainer. In fact the experience is not unlike.....................................................

Gold Member

Post Number: 1683
Good point Paul! Got any suggestions?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24964
THAT was a great idea lol.

I don't know Jazz. There have been many great ideas in the past that went straight to the can. Like sigs and stickies.

One idea we had was a member ranking tab. You can vote on a member's approval rating once and only once per IP address. That way new members can see how others rank alongside their peers. This way post count means nothing (doesn't anyway) without the forum's majority support. You also need something like a minimum 2 month account status to vote. Once a member's status reaches a set low percentage point he/she is automatically banned. (This is intended to rid the place of spammers). With exceptions being made for members past a certain account status.

Or something like Youtube's thumbs up or down idea on each reply. The approval rating would still help new members establish who is respected and who is just blowing smoke. I don't think it would be too burdensome to simply click a thumb to voice your opinion and make it count would it?

Then again that approach is meant as a "forum moderated" means of control which just doesn't have a chance of flying here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1685
In other words Paul, I may as well just deal with him as best I can. Thanks for your input.

Username: Yaniss

Post Number: 3
I GET HELP FOR SATELITE INTERNATIONS NOW? MY NOT WORK

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21503
superjazzyJa(me)s:

The main problem is that we do not have strong rules and nobody to administer strong rules. Over 90% of the forums do have rules and moderators to keep everybody on proper track.

"See no evil" attitude does not prevent others from seeing something written against you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1738
I think the nickname you're looking for is spelled, Geronimo! You forgot the "I".

Username: Fish_hawk

Ocean City, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 3
Who said I was looking for a nickname?

There are 3 people with the first name "Geronmo" in the United States.

these three live in
New York
New Jersey
Kansas

so smartass Super Jass........my name is "GERONMO"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums