AV warns on Trojan Downloader from Ecoustics link

Username: Newsyl

Post Number: 2
For the past couple of weeks I've been getting an alert from my NOD32 antivirus program when I try to open certain reviews from the Ecoustics page. It seems to be related to any reviews from "Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity".

Here's a page describing the malware...
http://ve.nod32.ch/trojan/tivso.php

I can visit the Secrets page directly and it does NOT generate an alert. The alert only generates when being redirected from Ecoustics.

I sometimes(rarely) see false alerts after a signature update from NOD32 but they go away after a couple of updates at most. This has been going on for well over a week now and with NOD32 updating at least 3 times a day, I suspect there is a worm in the system somewhere. I visit dozens of websites daily and so far only the Ecoustics redirect has generated a consistent and reproducible alert.

Thought you should know.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 1492
Can you check this link again to see if you still receive the same message?

Username: Admin

Post Number: 1600
The false positive error message should now be corrected. Can anyone check this to confirm?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1595
A few weeks back there was some clown posting spam big time on the "Secrets" mobile phones, now we haven't seen this joker since Admin deleted all the spam.

But this matter here does sound strange and worrying, I wonder if it's the same person?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us