Finding DVD-RAM the best~

Bronze Member
Username: R1t1joby

Post Number: 33
I am finding that out of all the disc storage formats (DVD-R, DVD+R, etc) that DVD-RAM seems to be the best. It costs a little more, but the recording side of the disc is far more durable, it doesn't need finalized, and best of all, when you need to copy something from the disc back into the unit, you can copy exactly what you want exactly as is from the disc without losing any quality whatsoever because you copying the data exactly as is.

And also another biggie is in the future when the next disc format changes to DVD+R-DL (or whatever is the next best format) chances are the units will be recognizing DVD-RAM discs as one of it's readable disc formats in which you will be able to copy the disc's shows right back into future hard drives without any loss of quality in the shows or content.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Also other perks is that if later, you want to rearange the disc's content (such as Music Videos, etc), you can simply copy it all back into the unit and do so without losing any quality at all.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1146
RAM is hands down the best discs made.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
So far, I have started backing up all my valuable programs using DVD-RAM.

I am even going as far as to buy a DVD Player that handles RAM Discs for us to watch in the living room and may do away with buy cheapo DVD-R discs altogether.

DVD-R's, DVD+Rs, etc just doesn't seem stable enough to store things I want permanently kept for years to come.

I think I'd rather spend $3 on a disc with a far more durable surface and can easily copy shows, and even tidbits from (such as a TV Commercial, Music Video, etc) as is without any quality loss than spend 75 cents to a dollar on a disc that has less reliabilty and recording from gives a lesser amount of quality unless you have a burner you can spend a lenthy amount of time duplicating the entire disc---but yet still have only the contents of the entire disc rather than only the portions you want from it.

I think those who switch to DVD-RAM with a easy carrying DVD-RAM player (for instances of going to a friends house or grandmas house for thenight) won't want to switch back to the less reliable formats.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us