OLED 2-B available

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3275
The guys at Costco say they are going to receive OLED sets for the Holiday Season. Good, if it is the RIGHT set and not a zero feature loss-leader or a first gen set.
I think it's going to be from the LG line, which is good if from one of the better models. And at the right price!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3322
OLEDS have arrived. The 55" 1080p set is IN STORE while the 4k sets are online.
Prices are the SAME as other stores, the 'sweetener' being a Costco Gift Card. Hey, you were going to spend it there, anyway, right?

Smart strategy MIGHT be to wait until Christmas of '16 for a probable (possible?) price drop.

The 55"/ 1080 set for 2k$ is a lot to ask, but the same size in 4k MIGHT be a better deal IF support starts showing up for the newer resolution. Better deal once the price premium disappears.

Reviewers agree that this is about the best picture of ANY current display. In store demos are somewhat less convincing but DO show the incredible black levels and terrific saturation to good effect. A reasonable room and a little attention to setup should all be to the good.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3374
Prices are falling a LITTLE.
Also, I think the 1080 set which last year was only in the 55" set has been dropped for the 2016 sets. Now all are 4k displays.
They appear to be in 3 'levels' all of which apparently have the same color controls and panel. So, you can NOW get a 65" 4k panel from the bottom series for about 3200$, which I think lists for 4000$

Still waiting to see what happens in a couple months for Christmas! I haven't set a 'pull the trigger' price yet with my banker, but it could happen this Christmas.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3409
It's ALMOST TIME to purchase a 65" OLED set.
Prices for the (model#) OLED65B6P are now under 2000$ at a few sellers. They advertise both NO tax and NO shipping charges. I'd think about a shipping 'upgrade' if it involved unpacking / setup.

For the 55"? I've seen as low as about 1300$ while ABes Of Maine sells it for about 1500$, free shipping. In California, 1500$ means about 120$ in SALES TAX, which also needs to be considered.

These are darn good prices and near the 'pull the trigger' level I've discussed with my banker.
COSTCO no longer carries up-to-date LG OLED models.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3425
Beware the 'bargain' prices from non-authorized dealers. Many are scams and some will pressure you into various 'upgrades'.
The worst among them will OutRight lie about model numbers. Stuff like 'the model you ordered has been replaced by XXX but costs 200$ more'.
or 'The model you ordered is made in (name your place) but if you want a Japanese model, it'll cost 300$ more.'
That sort of crap.
Some persons report the set is InStock but hasn't been shipped for 3 and 4 weeks. Shipping upgrade scams are common, as well, since virtually ALL these bargain sites are No Tax and Free Shipping. Abe's Of Maine is on the 'bad' list. Shame on them. At one point it was a decent company.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3456
Costco NOW carries the B7 model.
This is the 'latest' and the entry of the line. Amazing picture and full feature set but NO 3D.

Price is near-list but I think Costco kicks down some kind of Benefit. maybe extended warranty or a gift card.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us