Mitsubishi WD-73735 No Power

Username: Soconfused

Post Number: 1
hello, I have a Mitsubishi 73in WD-73735 that no longer turns on. It was working fine until a lightening storm. We lost power to the whole house. Everything else works but the tv. We receive no lights, no sound, nothing. When I hit the system reset button I hear a clicking noise, but that's it. I am not able to do an error code test because the tv has been unplugged a few times since it lost power. But not matter what buttons are pressed, no lights are visible. I removed the back panel to check the fuse (51ms 125v 10a) but it doesn't appear to be burned or broken. Any guidance is greatly appreciated thank you.

Post Number: 2
Just wanted to post an update in case anyone was interested. There are 2 PCBs in my tv, power and main. I replaced the main PCB and the tv is working like new!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2621
You don't sound THAT confused! And, you would seem to have gotten lucky that replacing a single board fixed the set...even if it was the main and presumably large board.

Now, you are going out later to get a surge protector, right? Make sure it has antenna 'f' connector ins and outs, too, since the big ZAP can get to your set thru those wires, too.

Post Number: 3
Ha! It helps to have an engineering background, although I haven't looked at a circuit board in about 7 years. But after lots of research, I was able to figure out the problem. My husband did change the surge protector now that the tv is working, but I will have to check to see what kind it is.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2622
Surge protector / outlet strip and most power conditioners use MOV devices which wear out over time and 'hits'.

A whole house surge protector is much better, though the initial cost is higher, plus install. Those do not wear out.

If I lived where lightning was frequent, I'd have one, without question.

Username: Hudsp07

Post Number: 1
Hi , I have the exact problem that you had on the Same model tv, is it possible you could share me the parts you replaced and where you got it. Thank you😊
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us