Just replaced lamp for 2nd time in week picture very, very dim - JVC HD61G787AA

Username: Moosedrool

Post Number: 1
Long story short:
TV was working fine about a week and a half ago. Crisp picture, good color. Lamp blew. Received replacement lamp which worked fine for about two days. Picture went extremely dim - like the brightness was turned all the way low. Called company and they said they would replace generic brand and send me an upgrade to the Philips DLP TS-CL110UAA. Replaced lamp. The picture is still way, way dim. Very hard to even see. Colors look fine and fan is working. Again it is a JVC HD61G787AA. Any help would be greatly...I do mean greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 227
I think you need to clean the light path. Very likely there is dust, cobwebs or some other debis causing a problem. At least that's what I would do. You have to be careful and know the procedure for resetting the HDMI. Do that research (it's in this forum) before you start.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwj356

San Mateo, California USA

Post Number: 70
It's been many years since I got on this board. My JVC DILA (2005 52") set has been working well since the trouble days of 2006 with the bulb problems. My set must be approaching 10,000 hours and I am thinking of getting a new lamp just to have it ready. Have there been improved versions since then? Slightly brighter? Perhaps tvshopper can make a recommendation.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwj356

San Mateo, California USA

Post Number: 71
Here it is three years later and the 52" JVC set is still going strong. I've stopped logging the hours, next March it will be 10 years in service. With the Philips bulb, it seems to hold its brightness better than the previous bulbs did. The weirdest problem was with a spider finding its way into a layer of the viewing screen. I had to do a front panel teardown to get the bugger out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us