RCA HD 61 inch tv model HDW61

Username: Mscb

Post Number: 2
my RCA 61 inch wide screen projection tv will not turn on the green light blinks 3 times and then nothing I've been told a tv of this size is worth fixing as this is a simple problem and parts are cheap please help

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3229
Have you looked up what sounds like an error code here? 3 blinks means something but either it'll be in the book that came with the TV or a service guy will know.
Either will point to where to START looking. It could be anything from a clogged cooling fan to some more troublesome power supply issue.

Weird smells or a 'pop' would point to a power supply.
Just a NoStart one day? It could EVEN be a fuse.

If you are not comfortable taking stuff like this apart, leave it to a pro. A fix it guy will charge to figure it out but MOST of 'em will just forget about that charge if you let them go ahead and do the work.

My opinion? Big screens these days are getting cheaper by the MINUTE. Set a MAXIMUM amount to invest in this set and if it goes OVER, pay the man and go buy a new set with warranty.

IF this is, as I suspect, a DLP set, the technology is a goner and won't STAY fixed. Cutting losses would be indicated as you go shopping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us