Samsung 32 Inch Lcd Backlight Flickers On Then Off (Power Indicator Led Does Not Light Up)

Username: Zedsdead

Post Number: 1
Hey guys new to the forum.

I was given a 32 inch Samsung Model # LN32C350D1D.

Basically the problem with it is when I plug it in the red led on the front that indicates that it is powered on does NOT light up. But oddly enough I can see that the back light will flicker on for a split second then flick off again. After 4 or 5 seconds or so this will repeat itself. This will continue to happen as long as I leave it plugged in.

Things I've tried:
Took back panels off to explore and possibly find the problem.

Noticed that all the caps LOOK good as far as I can tell (no bulging or leaking)

tested various components with DMM (Transistors, Bridge rectifiers, fuses, and used the color code chart to check the resistors) all checked out as far as I can tell.

All wires look good as far as I can tell.

Left unplugged for days at a time.

Noticed that when checking the voltages of the regulators on the tuner board that every time the backlight would flicker the voltages would spike then return to 0

Also noticed that when I disconnect the tuner board ( not sure if that's What it's actually called but the board with all the video input/outputs) from the power supply the back light would stay on consistently and would not flicker.
but as soon as I connect the two it would begin to flicker again.

I think I hear a faint clicking on the power supply board. Not sure if that Is normal. Every time the light flicks on and off the click happens on the board.

I do have a DMM and know how to use it safely.
I don't have the tv under warrenty
and I will not take the tv to a repair man.
This is intended to be a learning experience for me and as such I would like to learn as much as I can about what I'm doing here. or what 's possibly going on.

Also I DO have the schematics for my power supply but am still learning how to interpret them.

ANY help would be awesome. Thanks guys!
More about : samsung inch lcd backlight flickers power indicator led light
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us