Mitsubishi DLP WD-52628

Username: Emilywaters32

Post Number: 1
I have a 2005 Mitsubishi WD-52628 that I replaced the bulb on for the first time about a week ago. I completed a bulb reset per the instructions, and the TV worked completely fine until yesterday.

Yesterday, when the TV was turned on, it only showed a gray fuzz screen with static noise. I attempted to access the menu, but the buttons on the TV and remote were unresponsive. The TV then switched to a blue screen and turned off within 10 seconds. The green bulb light also started flashing as the TV turned off and continued to flash for approximately 2 minutes. I have no idea what the issue is, and I am hoping there are some savvy posters who can offer some advice.

I have also already attempted a system reset and have attempted to get an error code by holding menu and enter in. No code appeared, and the reset did not fix the issue.

Thank you all!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2358
Try unplugging the set and let it be for at least and hour.
While you are waiting, unplug and RESEAT the lamp.
IF you bought a bare lamp and used the original housing, you'll need to check to connections, too....the ones you reinstalled when changin the bulb into the old housing.
IF just the lamp in a new housing? Just unplug and reseat firmly. Make sure the plug (electrical part) gets seated firmly.

My RPTV quit on me one day within a couple weeks of me pulling the lamp to inspect and vacuum......a reseat fixed until it died a natural death.

Username: Katoaz

Post Number: 1
RE:Emilywaters32 post. Hello there. I have this same issue and hav been searching many links and seen many solutions. I would like to ask if this solution worked in your case?
Shout out to Magfan. I have just read this post and think you may be spot on. My conditions are the same with the new lamp. I willl also try looking for the basics like poor connections. I have trouble shooted car electricals and know bad connections cause problems but I didn't think of that here too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us